1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Impact of TIME Dollfie Article

Oct 15, 2004

1. *never even saw article 'till now* :oops: I met my first BJD at Otakon. I saw a bunch of people with them, screwed up my courage, and went and asked one if I could see her boy!
      Said-boy was Isao, I think.
      I could've died. It was love at first sight.

2. My first volks mini eb beauty 1/6 scale dollfie, a dolly with purple hair, she is so very itty, ^_^ I still have her, I named her Chai. I bought her through Hobby Link Japan, before Volks was making Super Dollfies, but I didn't hear about Super Dollfies until about 2 years ago....but I bet there will be more articles that will introduce people to them, like crazy. I used too, didn't know anybody who owns these dolls, now I know three people with Super Dollfies...or erm...Asian Ball Jointed Dolls.

3. Well, I haven't even read the Super Dollfie article, but...

I think it "raised awareness" rather than actually convincing many people to join the obsession... For examle, my dear, dear friend who, although she is the *best*, really dislikes anime, had read the article. So when I first admitted that I was going to save up for one of the MSDs, she wasnt surprised at all, and said that she had read an article on it.... that was pretty amazing, for me...

On a side note, I stumbled onto my first SDs on "Loyal Beast", which I found through a Gothic Lolita site.... oooh, that's a preeeety site... anyway, I didn't understand what they were, but they were lovley... then, two conventions later, I had finally figured out what they were and did a scary fangirl scream when I went to the Super Dollfie Panel at Otakon...

and, that's my story.

4. Can't tell... I'm from Brazil XD

5. So I'm the only one who discovered BJDs through the article? Wow, that makes me feel kind of....well.....weird. *blushes*