1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. Been a while since I checked in here! (Partly because I had to do a lot of non-doll duties and the hobby needed to take a backseat.) Missed a lot of posts and lovely photos. :o

Buuuuut a major prop for one of my dolls finally came in the mail, and I knew it needed a proper photoshoot. (It's a 1/3 scale erhu replica. Some call it a Chinese fiddle.) Even though I've ordered Impl's jointed hands for him so he could actually grip and chord properly, there's no news or updates about it from ACBJD.

[​IMG]
      Erhu Player 00
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

That musical instrument has quite a tale to go with it. It arrived needing... TLC, and I should be thankful my hubby had the right tools to be able to salvage the situation. Photos speak a thousand words, but beware looking inside the spoilers, because...

2. Oh wow, sorry it arrived like that, but you all seemed to have fixed it perfectly, congratulations, it looks so cool! @AntarelNefertili

3. @AntarelNefertili Damn Guoren looks good! I love his robe, and I'm sure he'd make the ehru sound good (I like it but it's distinct fo sho). Too bad about the jointed hands. I'll probably get several sets myself once COVID is behind us.

@IngieBee Massi is on the FGB which I realize was an aesthetics-over-function choice but wev, he's usually sitting down cuddling his hubby so he doesn't need to be the most functional doll. I've been considering the Dragon doll jointed hands for my Impl crew. Massi needs them, Kitten needs them and poor Dante really needs them (he's on the old Star body and yellowed AF poor guy).

4. I know I posted before, but I did get my Nick legend doll hands and I have a ResinSoul 72cm boy body coming in a couple of months with their new big hands which I have not seen shared anywhere yet. RS tends to be slim and delicate, but this body seemed robust for RS and I can't wait to see it in person . I really like RS's jointed hands, and they're less than 1/2 the price of others. So if they fit my Impl boys, I'd be really happy, though impl jointed hands are good too, they seem a bit small on my idol boys. But I like the fact that the resin can match without effort!

5. @IngieBee A doll that arrived with her headsculpt horribly chipped last year sorta cushioned my shock of seeing that poor musical instrument horribly smashed. At least I have more experience repairing simple wooden stuff than resin! I've been eyeing RS jointed hands too, but it's for a non-Impl. I'm not too keen on ordering resin til the pandemic fully passes, unfortunately.

@A Wee Tiefling Guoren had gone a long way since his dorky days, oh how time flies. Character-wise, he actually sings (definitely better in the musical arts than Adhara). If I ever form a pseudo-band of my doll crew, I'd happily make him one of the lead singers, haha!

Re: the FGB, I've pretty much resigned myself to that body for Guoren. Even though the knee joints keep irritating me day by day, the color match is so darn close and I don't want to tear my hair out again where erratic pigments are concerned. The slightly smaller jointed hands of Impl may actually work to my advantage, because the Granado Archangel series have petite heads.

6. THEY DID IT. THEY RELEASED THE OTHER ONE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR. Mr. Horns-and-Teeth. Welcome to impldoll

I don't have money for this but I NEED him too. In grey maybe? I need to pick a color.

7. I saw that, too. I am strongly resisting because I just spent the money I was saving for Qayin's body on a 2nd hand body for Oleander (mellowed WS that should work reasonably well match-wise).

I hate doing hybrids because finding the match/proportions is a HUGE pain to me. But damn, he's fine.

I do not need another doll. I do not need another doll. I can't afford another doll. I can't afford another doll. (I have doubts this mantra is working).

8. @Thymeseer ;) Thought that handsome guy might pique some interest.

@Iron_Dog What is money for but spending on nice things?

9. @A Wee Tiefling This is true but poor Qayin gets his body delayed yet again. I was going to buy it last year (RS colour-match & neck mod) but Covid happened and RS asked me to delay making the order as they were shut down just when I went to do the order. Then I bought 6 dolls through the year (all 2nd hand & that's snooze you lose so...). But, I'm still waiting on Malachite (Ziv in custom green; 1 of Qayin's husbands) so I guess it's okay he's still waiting on a body.

10. Massi, too cool for a coat, and Fia, too cool for PETA. (Fia is my rarely-shared Delia hybrid)

[​IMG]

11. PETA are dumb dicks, but wearing dead things is pretty gross, and (imo) it's pretty cowardly to wear the products of killing you don't have to stomach or will to do yourself
      Delia is a bit of a unicorn? I don't feel like I've seen many owner pictures of her, at least. What body do you have her on? How's the resin match?

12. Fia's looking great! Love the red wig! It looks so good with her faceup. Also, couldn't help but snort at that comment. As someone who lives in a second hand leather jacket, and has had that conversation a few times in uni, I got a bit of a vicarious kick out of that. Hopefully Massi's warm enough in his sweater... Where did you find that, it's also adorable!

13. @Girrl Fia is on the Spiritdoll Proud v2 body and the resin match is near perfect. Her head has a different opacity which *I* notice, but it reminds me of makeup so it doesn't really bother me and it's not worth resin-matching. Her head mobility is slightly better than my two full impls (Aurora and Massi here) so I'm keeping her on this body. It's stunning, she wears the hell out of clothes. I wish there were more Idol women out in the wild, they have great face sculpts and much more variety than a certain other popular brand whose sculpts look all the same (and whom I won't name because I'll get dogpiled). As for PETA...they are welcome to kick rocks and my personal opinions on environmental/agricultural reform don't align with anything they espouse. But, having lived and worked in communities where people must hunt and trap to survive, I wouldn't call that an easy or moral choice. It's just one way to live out of many.

@Chameleon Thank you, her wig is giving me pains because I need to style it (like Massi, and that wig spray hopefully will make the siblings look so sleek and shiny). She needs a proper faceup though, the factory one is much too soft for her personality, however nice it matches her hair. And oooooh yes, the ol' PETA conversation. I've participated in those and in this hobby being environmentally conscious and animal-friendly isn't the easiest or cheapest option. Which is why I upcycled that natty muff for Fia in the first place. Waste not, want not! Massi, being the vapid himbo he is, radiates heat and would live in his boxers if allowed, and I had to wrassle him into his sweater (which is for puppies and large rabbits ;) ) because of it. Dressing him is going to be a right pain, trying to get clothes for his continental shelf of a chest.

14. That gave me such a laugh this morning! And somehow, despite working at a pet store it never occurred to me to try small dog/rabbit clothes. I’ll have to look into that for my couple of larger dolls (both OT to this thread!)

15. @Chameleon The arm slits are in an awkward place so it behooves you to measure ahead of time.

16. That's so funny because I love the FBG so much, I haven't gotten any of the other versions. SGB seems like it's just lacking the hip joint, and TGB... well, I think the neck looks thinner, and I'm not a fan. I'm looking forward to them creating an MGB for the boys, that'd be awesome!

Oh man @Thymeseer , the most fantasy any of my dolls are is as elves, but this guy is such a freaking hunk, OMGosh! But what would I DO with him? And Plaice still needs is body! LOL

LOL @A Wee Tiefling Sounds like they'd be great friends.

17. @IngieBee ooo what is the MGB? Is this something that they've said that they are working on--just no progress pics yet?

18. @Silver_Unicorn297 Somewhere it was mentioned that they would be making a boy version of the girl MGB (the body with the shoulders and different kinds of joints like in the neck. But no, It's been a long time now (though these things do take time??) It's not for everyone, but I find parts are perfect, and I actually really like it's expressiveness. I still need to get out the Dremel to see if i can refine the shoulders, I guess it doesn't bother me enough to deal with unstringing, etc... LOL

Someone has gotten the Star?? body with the MGB legs no? Who was that? Those legs are indeed the best I must say!

#259 IngieBee, Feb 22, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    19. I thought of you when I saw the doll's name, though...isn't that the name of a character in one of your stories? (Not that the doll looks anything like the character if I recall the story correctly...forgive me, I'm bad with names and might be mistaken.)

(Not helping with the mantra.)