1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. Ah, that does indeed sound like @Iron_Dog NEEDS another doll, LOL. Seriously, he's freaking handsome, and I don't do fantasy or certainly not something scary fantasy, if that's what this is. He's so... cool!

2. @Rakonto Yes, I have a character named Ander in the story Metamorphosis. He's a secondary character and one of the bad guys. And no, he most definitely doesn't look anything like the newly released Impl guy.

As a mostly unrelated aside, I have posted a new story just today to Ao3 called Divine Agony which is Vasyl's backstory in case you're interested. Vasyl is a Soom Vesuvia on the poison kiss body that I had modded from FtM. And now that that backstory is out of the way, I'm back to working on Kulfi/Rhyia/Akusuo's story, Wish Fulfillment.

3. Glad my brain remembered something kind of right, and wow, you are a very prolific writer! Good luck with all of your creative endeavors, both with your dolls and your writing. <3

I love seeing everyone's awesome pictures! I...need to take more...especially now that I think I have all of Gwendal's (my Impldoll Isaac's) extended family shelled.

4. @IngieBee To be fair, I don't think any of us really NEEDS another doll. I mean, we desperately want another doll(s) but.... He's a gorgeous sculpt but I don't know who he is so no buy button is being clicked. He's also for a 72cm body and I'm resisting going that big. I'm also still waiting on Malachite. Last contact was Jan. 8/21 where they said he was not finished yet. I know I'll get him eventually and I have the unexpected bonus of Kulfi out of all of this but I am eager to get Malachite home.

I spent a shameful amount of time looking for an adult version of Kyrieleison (Impl Teno) today. I was looking at their deer-taur bodies and going by the way the front legs look as far as how they're seated/attachment, wondered if they'd be possible to switch out the deer-taur front legs into one of their regular hip joints. It looks like it would work *shifty eyes*. I think I'd be dead in the water if Impl came out with a hooved boy in SD size (preferably Model size).

5. lol, I'm a terrible person who likes to enable (and some people, I find it's safe to do that as they are strong and have a plan that they stick to :D and you're one :) ) But he is gorgeous, and I find it weird that I'm so drawn to him. But I have current projects that I'm working on and paying off another, that I can't even THINK about it, LOL.

6. LOL at the moment the placeholder is just the generic name I call my group of dolls, "Team Gamma Draconis." Long story how I came to call them that!

@IngieBee Legs aside, I actually really love the Idolman FGB. I like its proportions much better than the most recent version, especially with that bubble-butt going. I may go and eventually take the leap to request the TGB legs to place on mine, just as what some people have already done. (And I wouldn't care if the color doesn't match the rest of the body -- let's just say he wears pants all the time while working out in the sun!) Now, if they decide to implement the Starwoman MGB thigh joints on an Idol male, I'd DEFINITELY give it a go. Heck, Adhara could touch her toes with that new design of joint, which is saying something.

7. I know, I really love the mgb even with the wide shoulders!

The thing I don't think I like about the TGB isn't his bubble butt :aeyepop:;) but it seems like his neck is thinner and/or longer, and I'm not a fan :XD:

8. Speaking of the TGB... I know that his arms are more buff than the other models. Do you guys think it would be at all possible to put the TGB arms onto say, the FGB body? It would have to be modded--but do you think that would be doable?

Or heck, putting the TGB upper chest onto the SGB body? (The thinner TGB neck will actually work better for me). The FGB body wouldn't work, because it has a very different joint shape...

#268 Silver_Unicorn297, Feb 23, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    9. @Silver_Unicorn297 LOL, I'm so sorry I said that, because it's just my preference and not actually anything wrong with the sculpt nor men with longer necks :P

I wish I could help, but i don't have any other body to try. I do know that normally Impldoll is very accommodating with such things, but with the plague, and probably recovering/weaker work force with a backup of orders... well they MIGHT be less so. Still, I'd ask them if it could be done, and if they say no, and you're not in a hurry, you could try again next year?

10. @IngieBee Haha, you are still right about the neck though. It does look a little thin. However, since I plan on sticking a Granado head on it, it will work out just fine. It the neck were thicker, I would have to mod it more in order to get it to fit. (I might have to shorten the TGB neck, depending on the depth of the Granado neck hole). So yay, less work for me!

I didn't know that Impldoll was so accommodating. The chest will still need some modding, but after modding the TGB knees to fit a pair of Soom Phonolus beast legs, I should be fine. It was actually a very minor adjustment.

Hmmm... Actually, I think I have seen a photo of the TGB chest on the SGB body... @Ipledreamer was that one yours? If so, did you manage to get it to work?

Man, poor Bucky is turning into a real frankendoll. What did Hydra do to him?!

11. I think in general, the necks on dolls are a bit on the long side but indeed it's easily remedied if you're careful not to go too far, LOL. I actually have a character that will need the 80cm Granado body, This is a character from a favorite book. But I'm avoiding shelling him until I strike it rich and rebuild my house with a 100' x 100' craft/hobby room :D with a 50' ceiling of course :D

Gosh, wouldn't that be fun though.....

12. @IngieBee @AntarelNefertili I too like the bubble butt on the FGB and I'm actually sure he can do some fun poses once I have room to move him around. But we need to have PROOOF so maybe some fun Adhara poses will be inspiring ;)

@Silver_Unicorn297 I'm deeply curious about this frankendoll too, though I'm not getting any more big 'uns on which to practice.

13. @Silver_Unicorn297 : yes, indeed I did that. I think I put them onto my Captain America. But I have so many Iple bodies, I have to check. Just give me a minute to undress him a little...no, he looks absolutely standard. But just recently I discussed this with somebody and took pictures:

https://up.picr.de/39993755tw.jpg

https://up.picr.de/39993756nr.jpg

If you look particularly at the second picture you can see that you have to adapt the ball to the socket. Otherwise, it will not fit in, or wobble around. Another option might be to swap the whole chest part...

14. Wow, @Ipledreamer he's not just a bubble butt, but he's thunder thighs as well, eh? LOL :D :D :D I actually didnt realize until today how much bigger he is!

So I just ordered a body from ResinSoul and they do colors via Pantone numbers. I found the number I needed by going to the paint section of Home despair and got a paint chip. Then I discovered a site that told me the hexadecimal number for that particular color, and I took that to the pantone website. There, I was able to look up their closest colors to this #, and one was pretty close, and I asked RS to make the bodies that color.

Now this could all go wrong, but if it turns out nicely, I'm wondering if impldoll can make resin the color of a pantone #. I really want 2 Star or MGB bodies in this one color. Has anyone ever done this before with them?

#274 IngieBee, Feb 24, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    15. @Ipledreamer Thank you! Now I recall the size difference between the arms. By looking at your crew... do you think it'd possible to fit the TGB arms into the SGB sockets by making the sockets bigger?

I was considering swapping out the entire upper chest on the SGB for the TGB one. I think someone here did it, but I can't remember who... the fit was really close, and would only require a little modding. Because the fit isn't 100%, however, I don't think Impldoll will sell me the hybrid, but maybe they'll sell me the doll disassembled--or an extra chest/arm part(s).

#275 Silver_Unicorn297, Feb 24, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    16. @IngieBee When I ordered Malachite Impl sent me a web address and told me to choose the green I needed from the selection there. I just went to check the address and it doesn't work anymore but it's possible if you gave them a colour number that would make getting what you want more probable. You could also send the paint chip to them for matching. I intend to do that when I order a body from RS because I don't feel comfortable sending out Qayin's head cap (he was a very limited head).

17. Last time I sent out a resin ball that came off a broken neck adapter, and they matched it perfectly, but I didn't ask for it back. This time I don't have anything disposable. When I'm ready to order, I'll ask them, and if they can't do it that way, I'll send them the paint chip I found :D

18. Hello I just got the Impl Star Body I ordered in October and he's amazing, sacred the life out of me Customs cut my box open and if they had pushed a hair more with the knife my poor guy would have been cut too(they cut through the bubble wrap ) . I also got a free head and I'm not sure what the sculpt is? If I post a picture do you think you can help?

19. That's so weird, @Madwren, I would make a formal complaint as they could have damaged your doll and certainly they damaged the box! Such sloppiness is unacceptable!!

I removed my other comments as I don't feel good about leaving negative thoughts :)

#279 IngieBee, Feb 25, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    20. @A Wee Tiefling Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't been putting Adhara in ambitious poses recently. :sweat Thing is, the dolls' tabletop RPG incarnations are now expectant parents (their children will finally be canon there, whee). One has to take it easy if your owner has decided to stuff your dress with a small cushion to show off that fact. XD (The dango stick was intentional too -- her character has been decimating lots of them recently as per her die-roll cravings.)

[​IMG]
      Expectant Parents
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

@Silver_Unicorn297 My Granado Michael somehow managed to look fine on the unmodded FGB's neck (which is thicker than the TGB, at least on paper), but then again, Guórén wears his hair long, helping offset the pinheadedness. I did have to put a silicone disc on his neck just to improve mobility, though.

@Madwren Congratulations on the arrival, and it's good to know your doll survived that close call. Do post a pic of the mystery head, people will be more than happy to help you identify it. :)