1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. @AntarelNefertili I love how fully resolved and 3 dimensional your characters are and I wish I had such a wonderful story to mine! Alas, my brain is slow to build things, but I shall not give in!

2. @Madwren Oooh a mystery head??!! I am deeply curious! And you should file a complaint, that's not ok to do, they had no idea what damage might have been caused.

@AntarelNefertili I'd decimate some odango if I had them! All I have are crummy, gummy mochi and they're not as silky smooth as real ones. (LOL, poor Adhara playing the fake baby game we had to play in Catholic school...)

3. I agree with others that you should complain about the way they handled your package for inspection. Having a utility knife that close to anything could cause irreparable damage to the item.

Speaking of mochi... Real Canadian Superstore (Loblaws in Canada, Ontario specifically) carries frozen mochi treats that are delicious. I think you get 8 in a box and they are a typical mochi but have ice cream inside them. I gave them a try as they were on sale and got the mint chocolate chip ones. Do be warned that it's very difficult to have just one at a time. Like superhuman hard to not eat more than one. They are a bit pricey when not on sale in my opinion (I think about $5-$6?) but if you're getting them as a sometime/special treat it's not that crazy a price. They come in several flavours, too.

4. Oh wow guys! Impldoll is letting me frankendoll the TGB chest onto the SGB body! I simply explained to them that I understand that the fit won't be perfect and that I will make the adjustments myself. Poor Bucky. He is getting frankendolled, and his welcome home gift from me will be getting his arm taken off and modded XD The smaller waist means that the jeans I got him may be too big, but that's what belts are for.

Hybriding aside, I do think that the smoother TGB elbows will be easier to mod and give his Vibranium arm a better look. I just hope he won't be too top heavy... But my dolls are pretty lazy and mostly sit around and chill.

Also, mochi is delicious! I live right across a Japanese market/shopping center, so I'm a bit spoiled in that sense. ^_^;

5. The Asian community in Toronto/GTA is very large and strong. The Pacific Mall in Markham, Ontario is the largest indoor Asian mall in North America (some claim in the western world) and I swear that if you can think of it, you can buy it there. It is a straight up day long adventure to go there and shop/browse.

@Silver_Unicorn297 If Impl is willing to do that I wonder if they'd be willing to do the odd leg hybrid I was toying with. I would like hooved legs on the Model body and wondered if the front legs from their MSD deer-taur would fit okay in the hip joints of the Model male hip sockets (for a doll I have utterly no business thinking about).

6. Here's the head! There are teeth and I kinda love it. I think this may turn into a female doll I've been planning and hadn't settled on a sculpt yet lol

20210225_131422
      [​IMG]

7. I don't know what Mochi is, and I can see from @Iron_Dog that I better not ever find out! LOL I used to live really close to Little Tokyo in Los Angeles, and.... what can I say? Yah, that was 30 years ago, LOL :D :D I miss living in the center of things, but that is for the young.

Impl is really great for accommodating our crazy ideas, no?

@Madwren could that be Leona? I think it might, here is mine, but she is brown skin:

[​IMG]

She sort of has space for possible teeth, I've seen her painted with teeth on the website, I think.

8. @Iron_Dog :) There's a real pan-Asian market nearby that carries real mochi since I refuse to give Galen Weston my money. There's nothing objectively wrong with my bargain basement mochi, it's just clear they cooked the rice dough too long.

@IngieBee Mochi are nuggets of pure deliciousness, little dumpling cakes a bit like marshmallow, wrapped in delicate dough and stuffed with sweet red beans. You will want about fifty of them at a time.
      ---

Y'all, I decided to try this and it worked. I will never speak ill of the FBG again. Also, Dante can finally stand when he chooses to, not that he would...

"Look! My husbando can carry me!"

"Get off me, you gingery cretin!"

"Carry me in your manly arms, my husbando!"

[​IMG]

9. 20210225_131422
      I think you are correct! Thank you!

10. NP, she's really cute :)

11. Agreed. My guy I'm actually making Iron man so her head my be Pepper Potts because I really like it ❤️❤️

12. I want to see that @Madwren !!! I know these things take a long time to get finished, which is a lot of the fun, but don't use that as an excuse not to post pictures :D LOL :D

13. I will, I'm already eyeballing a body here on DOA for her actually lol. Little sad my boys head doesn't match the body as well as I was told it would but hopefully with enough blushing and some facial hair he'll be ok! And I may end up painting her face before I get the body because I'm extremely excited ❤️❤️

14. @Madwren Ooo, what body will Pepper be on?

@IngieBee With a bit of wiring Massi might end up lugging Dante around more often. Super impressed they were able to stand together like two kids trying to sneak into the place under a trench coat.

15. @Iron_Dog It actually looks like the centaur legs might fit! If they don't fit into the hip sockets, they should fit into the knees. It's hard to tell from the angle, but the joints look to be roughly the same shape and size. And if they are too small, that's an easy fix. Did that when I added the Soom Phonolus beast legs to my Impldoll knees.
      Seems like mentioning that you understand that something may not be perfect and that you are willing to do the adjustments yourself helps!

Impldoll is charging me extra because of the cumbersome fit, but it's only like $30. You might get away with no charge.
      That centaur body is gorgeous though.... I love the fluffy hooves.

16. While I know I could go with an RS Mu body for the Adult version, I'm not really feeling it. If I were to totally lose my mind down the road and have the availability of funds, I'd love to have him as a Soom Sard. But if I could get the legs from the centaur to work with the Model body, I'd be pretty darn happy.

17. Not 100% sure which body for Pepper I may end up with the female Star body, but I'm also looking on the market place as well, I'm not against a hybrid. I'm looking for smaller bust and a long torso I think. She may be put off until Tony is a little closer to done, or not I don't mind working on both ❤️

18. @Madwren I know it's considered a bargain basement company but the Resinsoul 60cm body is stunning! I had one briefly to hybrid my Delia and it was gorgeous, elegant and it fit some of the loveliest clothes. Unfortunately I had to sell it due to the neck being not the right size. If you can mod, it might be the right body for you. I'm also really happy with my Spiritdoll body for Delia, the engineering and joints are really good.

19. If you need to mod the neck and you're going to buy direct from RS, send them and email and ask if the neck mod is possible. I'm going to be getting a RS Mu body for Qayin's head and he needs a thicker neck than what the MU body comes with (9cm standard & I need minimum 10cm). RS said they could do that for $60 extra. Note though that I asked back in late 2019 and then Covid happened so haven't been able to order yet (I'll be double checking that it's still possible and the price).