1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. I do like Resinsoul. My first doll I bought was a RS Mei. The neck modding would def be needed. RS neck says it's about 8cm and the Impl is about 10.5cm. I fear she would look like a bobble head if it wasn't modded. I'll have to keep RS in mind but I'll probably scope out a few more before I make a decision :)

2. @Madwren Yikes! That was me and Delia. How about Luts? Their small bodies are stunning and I'm sure their larger bodies are comparable.

3. So, I have been in love with Candice ever since her release in December. I finally contacted Impl today and requested photos of her blank sculpt, and they responded within minutes! They only sent me a single, forward facing angle, but it was enough to resolve my curiosity about the details of her mouth/teeth sculpting. I'm 99% certain that I'm going to go ahead and order her, she is so gorgeous:love If anyone is interested in seeing her blank, please let me know and I'll be glad to share the image with you via PM!

4. Oh I am definitely interested :D. Please share :D

#304 IngieBee, Mar 2, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    5. I've been interested in seeing her without a faceup myself. Please, do share.

6. I thought there was a sculpting video on facebook, but I can't find it :( Does anyone know how to use facebook better than I? LOL

#306 IngieBee, Mar 2, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    7. PM'd! :blush

8. Thanks:kitty2

Seeing Candice without a faceup has made me more intrigued with her. The promo photos on Impl's website admittedly kind of put me off her, but seeing her blank makes me more interested in possibly getting her now.:D

9. I can't wait to see your Candice when she arrives!! :D You were probably one of the very first people to order her, which I think is really special (yes, I'm sappy and sentimental...)

10. I knew I saw one, thanks @Thymeseer !!! You might want to check that out @Gamine :D

11. I would love to see a photo of the Candice sculpt without a faceup. I've been wondering what the possibilities might be with this sculpt.

12. PM'd! Sorry to keep you waiting <3

13. Thank you! I think it's a really interesting sculpt, and wonder how varied it could look with different faceups.

14. I'm thinking of getting an Impldoll Idol head. What male bodies would you recommend? More importantly, would it look all right on a 60-65cm body? I'm not keen on getting a super tall guy.

15. I think @chalyss might have a few hybrids. What head were you thinking of? A Star head might be easier to hybrid onto a 60 to 65cm body than an Idol head. Most of the Idol heads (especially the fantasy ones) are about 23cm, so they may look bobble-headed on smaller bodies.

Impl Idols have a 12 to 13.5cm neck and a 19cm wide chest. If you choose to go with a different body, then having similar measurements might help. I think Mirodoll had a 65cm guy with 19cm wide shoulders, or thereabouts.
      However, if your head is smaller, then you might be able to get away with having a shorter body with narrower shoulders. I think a neck size of at least 11.5cm should still be workable.

16. I was considering a Dylan head, but if the proportions would be off I'll return to the drawing board.

17. I have Dylan on the Impldoll star body, and I think he looks fine. He doesn't sit up well, least not with his jeans on, I can't remember before I put his jeans on, I should give that a try.... yah, it's his jeans. But he also doesn't have a hook on his upper leg joint, thus he can fall back easily if not balanced. This should be fixable with sueding. He's a nice body IMO, But does the head look too big? I don't know, you need to decide? Note, body and head were bought separately and have slightly different coloring.

[​IMG]IMG_20180801_150226229 by ingiebee, on Flickr

Here he stands next to the FGB

18. @IngieBee That's a ncie hybrid! He looks so good in proportion to the FGB also.
      @saraquill Luts is releasing a new ultra muscular body...maybe they'll work.
      --
      Someone dared called Dante my desk gremlin and I'm offended on his behalf.

19. I would think he's much more like a Desk Sargent telling you what he wants and when he wants it, NOW! LOL