1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. @A Wee Tiefling It's actually pretty straightforward, just one loop passing from one wrist to the other across the chest piece. It's just the matter of finding the right elastic thickness, because sometimes the arm channels are narrower than those of the legs.

A decent photo spam yaaaaay. I made quick arm warmers for Adhara and Guoren out of stretchy spandex. It pretty much fixed all my resin color match issues. XD Mixing and matching modern clothes with their usual traditional wear made them look like JRPG characters (not that I'm complaining!), haha.

[​IMG]
      The Core Group
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

2. @AntarelNefertili The arm warmers are subtle, very emo ;)

So poor Mo is very floppy which is why he gets to sit on Massi's lap...but they looked weird so I went all in and then spotted Fia glowering at them. The picture took itself.

[​IMG]

3. @IngieBee They're my favourite couple at the moment, though if Little Rebel ever opens a Kamu preorder that could change...
      --
      I keep bringing Kitten out for photography and keep getting sidetracked by all these BS adulting errands I have to do instead. Today was the worst, I've got a billion pounds of groceries on one shoulder and an Impldoll babe on the other. Killer!

4. LOL, Who needs to eat or clean? Forget that stuff! LOL

5. Does anyone have an Idol boy and a Resinsoul bigger boy body? (70cm body) I'd like to see how they look together.

6. @Iron_Dog You have rare bodies, do you have an RS body?

7. lol @A Wee Tiefling I don't have a larger RS body at this time. I will be ordering one later this year (Mu in custom colour with a thicker neck mod) but I need to save for it. I have RS bodies in MSD and tiny size but that's it for now.

8. Hopefully later this month I will be able to give a comparison! I have a Heng on the way, and a headless (technically? It's the wrong color for my poor John) tgb.

9. @ToriaCrux Is the bigger boy body the same as the Hang body? I have one coming soon, he's paid off but I think my Fairyland order will hold off shipping for another month :(

10. The bigger boy is this one. Heng is on the 72cm body but it would still be a helpful comparison when you get them. :) I'm looking for a doll to go with my Feng and the 72cm Resinsoul body and Impldoll idol bodies are the main ones I'm looking at.

11. Oh yes, Heng is quite a bit bigger, but I will certainly post pictures whenever he gets here :D

12. does anyone know what jointed hands would fit the 70cm female body? i've decided to get one for my dika doll head and would love some hands for her

13. @Enchiridion I wrote about jointed hands several posts ago, but I'll just rewrite it here. Since the Star and Idol women have comparable measurements (their heads are easily swappable), they could also swap jointed hands. Below shows Doll Legend 1/3 male jointed hands on a large Impl girl.

[​IMG]
      Impldoll RS over the years (and others)
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

Another that could work is the DF-H 1/3 male jointed hands. Photo in the spoiler tag shows my now-rehomed Azalea. Point is, for the big girls, 1/3 female jointed hands tend to be too small.

14. @AntarelNefertili thank you, i'm not sure how i managed to miss your previous post lol but that is very helpful!

15. I'll add that the ResinSoul 1/3 male hands are perfect for the Idol or Star female body. They look just about the exact same size and width. ResinSoul makes all their sculpts, boys and girl, very slim, and the boy hands look perfectly feminine. Not much different from their 1/3 girl hands other than size. I find the female size to be too small for larger girls. These jointed hands are as nice as most any other hands I've had, and only cost $38. This makes them a great investment to see if you even like jointed hands. I myself am hooked and absolutely love jointed hands :D I just got my first set of msd RS hands, I can't believe how fine and thin they are! RS is an amazing company. I will soon get a RS 72cm boy body for my DFA head and it will come with their new 70+ hands. I hope they won't be too small. I can't wait to see if they will work for my other Impldoll boy bodies ??? I sure hope so!

16. RS is a wonderful and accommodating company. They also resin match for a very modest fee if the resin colour you have and what they offer as standard isn't close enough to ignore the difference. Or if you simply have an odd colour (like I do with Qayin's head).

17. After 10 layers of white and yellow pastels, this is going to have to be good enough until I can afford to get another Impldoll body :) Here is Plaice in a suit he'd never wear, LOL.

[​IMG]

Now I need to make him a blood elf costume. I also have dropped making my Night Elf a costume. Time to get to work!

18. @IngieBee He looks pretty nifty, maybe he's from Eberron. Thanks for reminding me to get Dante some jointed hands! He looks dorky playing air guitar.
      -
      Massi got some junk in his trunk!

[​IMG]