1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. You're an angel @Gamine !!! Thank you :D

2. @Gamine I can speak only for myself but all tasteful lingerie pics are welcome in my book. She is so gorgeous in that warm natural style, and that body is lovely and elegant. I do like DF-A's bodies but I only have a boy so far.

@AntarelNefertili I'm getting Hela Odinsdottir vibes from Adhara

3. A bit late to the game, but oh my gosh @AntarelNefertili I love Adhara's new faceup! I know that you have a couple of incarnations of her already, so was this a new head, or the old head but with a new faceup?

4. @Silver_Unicorn297 @IngieBee @A Wee Tiefling

I'll collate all my replies into one just so I won't double-post. Adhara's warpaint face is still my good ol' Fantasia Doll Vivian (from the original 2017 Fly Me to the Moon release -- the relaunched sculpt is already open-mouth). I did have her chin sanded to look a little less pointy, so it's easy to mistake her for a totally different sculpt. ^_^ She's a petite head, but I've somehow managed to make her work on the MGB despite that body's wide shoulders.

Her new facepaint was partly inspired by (but not directly transcribed from) patterns woven by women from one of my country's ethnic groups. The weavers come up with the patterns through dreams (literal dreams when sleeping), so there's a lot of mysticism that goes into such fabrics. :)

5. That's really fascinating!

6. @AntarelNefertili That is super cool! Faceups can (and should) be inspired by anything. On a different note, I've never noticed the scale of Adhara's head on the MGB which I guess speaks to the compatibility

7. @AntarelNefertili I completely agree with @A Wee Tiefling , but I love broad shoulders having narrow ones myself. My youngest has super broad shoulders, can a 5' tall girl be statuesque ? LOL

8. Bad news. Impldoll made the wrong arms, so 1 month more of waiting.

Hopefully the different batches match. It's white skin, so...

9. Aw, sorry about that @Valor :(

10. Thanks, @IngieBee. Hopefully everyone else's orders are going well. I guess Impldoll's a little overwhelmed still.

11. Oh I'm sorry to hear about the mishap @Valor. Looks like Impldoll needs some time to get back on their groove. :(

By the way, does anyone have any Impldoll Brown and Iplehouse Special Real to compare? I'm canvassing for possible bodies and colors for a hybrid. Alternatively, for those who have ordered custom colors from Impl, how much did they quote?

12. @AntarelNefertili Better caught now than later, right? I could always go through the thread and see what I've missed while I wait...

13. would anyone who owns a 70cm lady be able to show me what the Hight looks like compared to a 65cm doll, and tell me what the posing is like?
      i'm planning on buying one for my floating head

14. I'm sorry, I was going to do this after seeing your request but it was dark, and I haven't had the chance to catch the light. So I thought I'd do my best with artificial light. They are very close with Impldoll brown being a little darker:

[​IMG]

I hope that helps! I'd put an Iplehouse SRS head on and Impldoll brown body and blush to match in a second, it's very close :) I bet you could blush an Impldoll head with a bit of white to match as well, but that takes a LOT of layers with my pastels :doh

15. OMG @IngieBee you are a godsend. I know Impl has a tendency for turning their colors into surprise palettes, but I'm far more willing to go with the brown color now. Thanks thanks a bunch!

16. NP, and sorry it took me so long (that's why i didn't post to promise, so messed up lately, LOL)

17. Hi, I'm new to this thread (and forum and hobby) but got my first doll. He is an Impldoll Nicolas. He's on a 72cm idol TGB body and I wondered if anyone here might be knowledgeable about a specific issue with this doll.

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but my dude can't look forward, he's always got his head cocked.

I took him apart and the width of the neck on the left side of the hole measures about 8 mm, but it's 6 mm on the other. The hole appears to be on a slant from the front.

I'm going to drill it out to straighten it regardless, but I wondered if this is how he's meant to be? I'm digging through pictures and old threads but it doesn't mention this anywhere.

18. I only have the FGB and SGB (I love the FGB best) and that hasn't been a problem. However, I have taken the neck of another impl body and drilled it out by hand with one of those cutters for sheet metal to improve head movement. You can see my pictures here:

Impldoll Model Body Mod

I also needed to make the neck a bit longer as I was working with a minifee head and they're deeper. But that might help both with keeping the head straight (by centering the hole better) and making it easier for the chord to allow the bend required to move the head. In the photos you can see I didn't get a whole lot of movement but before there was nothing, so... :D

19. @missycheese I've noticed this on my Tony as well, he tends to cant his head to one side unless I move it carefully. I think it might also be improved with a silicon kip.