1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. @AntarelNefertili You could have fooled me with that top! It looks so good. I can't wait to get a harness for my lady. Also my dudes...

2. @Valor in addition to Dabria, I wish they'd put up their three eyed girl as well!

The mod was not difficult at all. You technically have to do no modding, as the legs fit pretty well into the existing FGB sockets (the exception is that the upper thighs aren't as deep front to back and therefore there's a small (less than a centimeter) gap.

The doll will be bowlegged at neutral; however, although this can be adjusted by just forcing the legs closer together. I solved this by shaving down the resin in between the hip sockets on the FGB pelvis piece (perineum). This allows the legs to sit closer together at neutral, reducing the bowleggedness.

3. @americanseamstress Thank you for the detailed explanation! Sounds like the gap would be partially filled anyway by hot glue/silicone kip sueding. The doll will be sitting more than standing, so bowleggedness shouldn't be too visible.

Also, three-eyed girl? Hopefully she's next then!

4. Here she is. I've been waiting for her for ages. (Three years, I guess, from the date of posting.)

5. @A Wee Tiefling I thought the older sculpts were kind of, well, ugly at first but now that I have one I think they're they're fun! They have so much character. I want more now.

@IngieBee Awww thanks so much! He's a bit of a geeky guy on the outside. The dude just charms me completely. I'm glad I didn't just steal his body like my original plan and have his head a chance

@Anita2006 I love seeing your dolls! Your styling of them is lovely.

@AntarelNefertili Your doll family is looking fantastic as always! And Adhara's new top is just beautiful.

@Captin Janeway I've ever seen a blue Impldoll unfortunately. Sounds great though!

@americanseamstress I remember her! Oooooo she's awesome! Fingers crossed she's next. I understand the pain of waiting. I'm hoping this guy is soon too. Login • Instagram

#45 Thymeseer, Jan 5, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    6. Hmm. The third eye being sculpted in seems a touch limiting, but the sculpt's a good choice for a merperson (of the fishier variety).

The bony guy's outer jaw is interesting too.

7. That's one very cool thing about Impldoll, they make bold fantasy dolls. Well bold for the BJD industry :thumbup she is amazing, and quite pretty!

Oh man, he's so cool too! Why do I want to put him in a turtleneck sweater??? LOL
      No deep joke there, I literally looked at him and thought 'turtleneck sweater!'

8. @Thymeseer I wanted some of the older female sculpts because they're very strong featured. I bet a great makeup lewk on Mandy or that one who looked like Cher would really stand out.

@IngieBee Bold fantasy sculpts that are *afffordable*!! No less. I enjoy Soom's fantasy sculpts and DC but they're out of my price range. Impldoll makes interesting concepts accessible to plebes like me.

--

Guess who got a guitar for Christmas? This guy. Guess what kind of music he plays? (Hint: look at his shirt)

[​IMG]

9. Lucky boy, I like his musical tastes :thumbup

10. Alright, last round of questions before I finally make the purchase, I think. I didn't plan on hybridizing even further, but the finger posing is pretty cool... :sweat

Do the Resinsoul jointed 72cm boy hands look alright on Idol man bodies? They're the same size as the default Idol woman hands. (Also looking at Doll Legend and Doll Family-A jointed hands for their extra thumb joint.)

How well does the Idol TGB thigh joint work for knee-to-chest poses? Hopefully the gap caused by the FGB body won't cause problems.

11. Thymeseer thank for the comment. I was thinking of using kirk in blue for night crawler in x man or avatar the move. Or l just may get him in normal skin for Finn.

12. @Thymeseer thank you. I still want to enjoy John, he is nice looking after all modifications on his head. Still don't want to pose very well but hope so elastic will loosen by time.

13. @Valor Do you not like Impldoll's jointed hands? I thought they had them for idol men... I know someone here has Legendoll hands on their idol and they seem to get the best general reviews. (I need to learn the secret to measuring hands because I need jointed hands for Dante now he has a guitar...)

14. @A Wee Tiefling I thought that the Impldoll Idol jointed hands had short palms. Something looks a bit odd in the promotional pictures, anyway. Might be something else.

15. @Captin Janeway Unusual resin colors for Impl like the blue you mentioned can only be ordered by their custom resin service for an extra fee, iirc. You'd have to give them a color swatch or sample beforehand.

@A Wee Tiefling Congrats on getting the guitar! Jointed hands really do a lot to add to the pose with instruments, even if it's only a flute. I myself have a doll instrument (an erhu) currently in the no-man's land of our postal service, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get a notice for it soon.

@Thymeseer I also wasn't too fond of the older Impldoll sculpts, but I've learned not to underestimate the power of good faceup and styling. (Let's face it, Impl's promo photos sometimes do not show the doll at its best.) :sweat

Oh, here's a sample from the lovebirds' first couple photoshoot of the year. Pose context: she's supposed to just have woken up from a nap.

[​IMG]
      02 - Groggy
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

16. does anyone own dolls in real skin and light tan? i need to see the difference before i make up my mind what to get

17. @Enchiridion I've got real skin, what were you considering about it? (I can show them against an Impl "pink" skin and a Spiritdoll tan so you can see that range)

18. @Valor The hybriding does not obstruct the function of the thigh mobility joint. Sorry I missed this.

@Thymeseer He's a super cool guy too--I've never seen another sculpt like him! So cool! For some reason every time I see him I'm reminded of the elephant graveyard in The Lion King.

19. #59 Valor, Jan 7, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    20. If they have something called light tan, I don't know? it's new. I have a tan boy, he looks orange, the real skin today, the body I got that totally doesn't look like my real skin head, is like a super light "normal yellow" I don't think you can plan anything to work out with Impldoll because they keep changing things :( Unless you go second hand or special order a color. Sorry, I'm still salty :(

And finally, after a year and what? 3 months? I should have delivery of my Leona, and how about a bet she will be in the new ugly RS and not the one I ordered which was lovely and dark, I don't think I even want to open it :(

#60 IngieBee, Jan 7, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2021