1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. You won't know how much you appreciate those wide shoulders until the new shrug-prone body popped up. :horror: I'm not even sure if they totally changed their mold, which is bad news for those who want the older MGB.

He's so awesome! I don't own any fantasy sculpts at the moment, but I really enjoy seeing other people share theirs. Keep 'em going! :thumbup

Unfortunately, those shoulders are frozen in a shrug partly out of necessity and faulty engineering. The shoulder "wells" where the joints rest are not wide enough to accommodate the upper arm's ball joints. If I try to press down on them, it refuses to go down all the way (and risks scratching the arm joint). The new body is already booked for emergency surgery at a local modder/faceup artist's to try and fix the shrug. At the moment, it does seem that rounding off those sharp corners may help, but depending on the artist's feedback, she may decide to do additional sanding either on the arm ball or the shoulder well just to prevent excessive rubbing.

2. SteamWitch, your Aries looks great!

3. All I can say/do is :...( I'm sorry you have to deal with that, and I hope your modder figures it out. Please share when you get her back :)

4. Anyone who has a recent WS Impldoll? Can you tell me what tone the skin is? Pure white, pinky-white, creamy-white? I have done some body shifting and have an Asleep Eidolon head that is technically WS, but is really a pale, pinky white. I've had it on a WS body before successfully (about 85% match, a bit of blushing would solve the problem), so I'm looking for another WS body because I don't know of anyone but AE that has that very pale NS.

5. @Isabeau it's a pure paper white. I got a WS body about a year ago. She hasn't had any notable color change in that year either.

6. @Thymeseer Thanks so much for the info! I might be able to work with that.

7. So the new girl, she looks amazing. The sultry shape of her eyes has me thinking ahead to when I'm solvent again.

8. My boy is from 2017, so a bit older, but indeed paper white though I've noticed slight differences between several company's paper white so one still has to expect imperfection, but probably easy to overcome :)

@A Wee Tiefling , love the faceup and wig too!

9. I haven't been active on this thread since part 8 but I felt it was time to return now that I plan on ordering Azalea and Sicily in January. I previously had an Alma unfortunately her sculpt didn't fit the character.

10. Welcome back to the thread in time for a bunch of cool new dolls

11. Awesome @TokyoLynn , both are gorgeous sculpts. I have Azalea and love her!

@SteamWitch he looks amazing! Did you do it with the faceup on him already? Or did you re-paint him?

12. Thank you! Yes, I did the faceup. It took a while due to bad weather. He was originally WS. He kept getting darker as I worked on him. I am happy with the results and he and the body I decided on worked out well.

13. @IngieBee She struck me as a good dark elf so that's what I have planned. :)

14. I was playing with two of my impls to see who gets to come to my first doll meet in almost 2 years. Going with my muscle gal because she doesn't get enough love. I always forget how much I enjoy the body until I hold her.

15. Malachite has shipped! Tracking hasn't updated since Oct. 5th and he appears to still be in China *sigh* but OMG! he's finally shipped. I'm excited/nervous to get him and I am wishing extra hard that the green he is is what I need for him or at least close. At this point I'll take close and be happy about it. I'm also curious to find out what the gift is that Impl said they'd send for taking so long to complete him.

16. That's exciting news! Fingers crossed he arrives quickly

17. Awesome, where is the meet up? She'll undoubtedly get a lot of attention :thumbup

Oh my gosh!!! I'm going to take this as a positive sign that things will soon go back to normal, just because I need to feel more positive about the future! Huge congratulations!!!!