1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. I got one of Giffe's boots finished, I have the outlines on the other one started maybe he will have them by Christmas.
      [​IMG]Giffe's new boot(s) by SteamWitch, on Flickr

2. Could someone confirm that the TGB and FGB bodies have 19cm shoulder widths?

3. Hi everyone,
      I was wondering if anyone has an Impldoll Badia or has plans to order one? I have just come back to the forums after a long absence, and the Badia sculpt caught my eye in the news forum.

4. did impldoll use to sell heel feet for their star bodies or was that just my imagination?
      what do people use for heel feet for their ladies?

5. All of the Star girls I've received came with heeled feet. I'd imagine if you reached out and asked Impl, they might sell a set separately to you (if you need them):kitty2

6. @jade-eyed-cat oh i had no idea they came with them! it's doesn't mention that anywhere but if hey come with them i won't need to worry. thank you

7. So, I ordered a Ransom head in normal pink. I'm going to make a few adjustments to his face, but also gotta get him a body.

8. hey, anyone have an up-to-date resin colour reference and/or info of what the closest matches are for impl's tans? I'm thinking I want a Zona head in a lighter tan but I don't know which option is which.
      also, a couple more questions; anyone have experience ordering just a head from impldoll? how do you do it? I normally buy through ACBJD but they don't have just heads available there.
      secondly, would a Star head look good on a shorter SD body? like the Model body or a similarly sized body from another company?

9. What I might do for matching is choose the body, then get impl to match it for her head! Impl does a resin matching service, so you’d be able to get them pretty perfectly matched that way.

As for hybriding, the model heads are way smaller than the star/idol heads, which are interchangeable, so I wouldn’t expect it to work. If you’re looking for a shorter body, you’ll want to look for similar shoulder/neck measurements (hers are 9cm/13cm) I’d almost wonder if an Iplehouse YID girl body would work (9.5 neck/12 shoulders, so you might have to sand the neck a tad) because they’re 58.5cm, so still nice and short

10. Hi everyone, hopefully the new year is greeting you so well so far. :) Fingers crossed I'll have my fixed Starwoman MGB within a week or so. The modder has agreed with my assessment that the shortened shoulders are causing scratching issues on the arm ball (happens if one tries to push down the shoulder joints to remove their perma-shrug). So yep, some sanding of the pointy torso pieces is in order. :doh

Anyhow, if this year's dolly plans stay on track, only two of my dolls (Adhara and her daughter, the owner of the aforementioned problem MGB) will retain their Impldoll bodies as hybrids, but my Idolman FGB would most likely be be retired. I had hoped that a Granado/Impldoll hybrid will still work with Guórén's reshell, but Granado Noah's 75cm version is apparently HUGE compared to the FGB. Not even a neck donut could save the proportions irl. :sweat

[​IMG]
      Adhara, Guoren, and Two of the Brood
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

11. While I'm waiting for my first doll to be made, I want to go clothes and accessories shopping XD.

I've come across a problem tho. I got impldoll Joshua, and he's an idol. His measurements are huge compared to all the clothes and such I'm finding. So I'm hoping to find some help here. Anyone have some good shops to buy clothes and accessories that will fit our boys? Or somewhere I can go to find a list?

He's told me he's a hipster, so preferably in that aesthetic. Or at least that I can make work lol.

Thank you so much!

12. has anyone else gotten a tracking number for their Thanksgiving Day Event head(s) yet? I got mine last night and I'm low-key excited to see both the sculpt and resin color in person

13. Uh oh. I am still waiting for my tracking number. And I have ordered on the 4th of November.

I was told another month.

Congratulations, by the way!!!

#773 Swampruler, Jan 12, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    14. Haven't gotten mine yet. Lucky you!

15. I just ordered a blank head, was your order also for a blank head, or a full doll? (another month sounds reasonable for a full doll, or an order including any kind of blushing, but just a blank head - suspicious)
      Thanks! I figured if I'd gotten a shipping notice loads of other people must have as well - I rarely have that sort of luck :lol: fingers crossed you get yours soon

16. I have ordered just one blank Irvin head in normal resin.

It might be, because Irvin is a new sculpt. So I am waiting in line for other people Irvins to be made, before mine.

I misspoke a little. I was told it will be ready within this month.

It is not a big deal, though.

Hope Your order reached You fast. What heads did You order?

17. I ordered a a Sicily head in Brown Skin, mostly to see both the sculpt and Impl's Brown Skin resin in person. I've been contemplating cobbling together a boy mixed and matched across a couple of their different bodies. I almost hope I'm disappointed with the color because it would be easier to color match the inevitable mods if I have to spray paint the whole doll to get him the right color... but I also love the translucency of Impl's resin, it photographs so beautifully...

18. It may sound crazy but I am actually still waiting for the 2 heads (with faceup) that I ordered during their 2019 Thanksgiving Day event, which was more than 2 years ago. I did order a couple more blank heads during the 2021 event and they promised they would send my 2 heads from the 2019 order together with the heads from the 2021 order. So, fingers crossed everything is okay this time and all my heads will be ready soon…

19. This is crazy. Have they forgotten about Your order? I do have a feeling, Impldoll forgot about my order. Thus, they promised to send out it this month.

2 years...*_* oh. Does it happen often with them? I would place a PayPal claim before 180 days were up.

20. A PayPal claim would be an absolute last resort if they were known for this sort of behavior and refusing to fix it. It's one thing with Dollshe, who has the track record, but I wouldn't recommend potentially hurting Impldoll's standing over what could still be fixed with an email. @bluebellaen But that is really crazy it's taken so long. Did they offer any explanation?

Both times I have ordered heads through this event (no faceups) they have taken several months to arrive. I think you got lucky, @Girrl. Selfishly, I'd say you should pursue your project, because I like to see projects happen, but it kinda sounds like their resin colours change at the drop of a hat, so I hope you'd get the colour you want, arduous sanding process aside...