1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. i meant tan skin but i didn't want it confused with dark tan, if the tan skin is very orange i might give it a pass, but it sucks to know impl isn't very consistent with their resin.
      i'm sorry about all the issues you've had that sucks :sorry

2. i have a character i'm going to shell into a Sicily star doll and i'm not sure what skin tone would be better so that comparison would be very useful

3. Well, my Leona arrived, and I forgot I got her in brown, thank goodness it's basically the same color. I'm not picky, but they changed Real Skin so much, and now I have to spend more to get my Plaice a body, and I'm out of money :(

Anyway, Leona looks almost identical to my Azalea , just her nose is a bit smaller and her eyes are bigger. If I can get her a body, she could be the younger sister of Azalea except Azalea is an elf (elf ears :) ) I have no stories, so nothing needs to make sense, LOL

[​IMG]

4. And here is a resin color comparison I just made:
      [​IMG]

@Enchiridion Beware that realskin has changed , you can see the differences in the picture I posed above :)

Of note, Impldoll real skin is very close to Iplehouse normal now

5. @IngieBee I love your new doll, and congrats on her finally coming home! So odd that their current brown is close to their old real.

I bought a fabulous Impldoll Karen from @Livdollcity that I can finally show off since her outfit arrived today! :D (Well, by show off, I mean post substandard phone pictures taken after dark...maybe 2021 is the year I improve my very limited photography skills.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's so sassy and full of life, I love her. She's my first female-bodied doll, and I was a bit ify about how well I might bond with one but figured I'd try because Impldoll. I'm so glad I did. <3

6. @Enchiridion Ingiebee's comparison is good for colour, but I can still get my reals beside my pink. If you're going for brown, the new real is still orangey for a tanned doll.

@IngieBee They're both cute, it's remarkable how similar Leona and Azalea are. They must have been sculpted by the same person.

@Rakonto She's beautiful! I love the colours of her outfit, elegant yet vibrant.

7. Here's more to the erratic Real Skin comparisons. My photo on my previous post already shows a subtle difference in the RS of the bodies, but below is an unfiltered, more accurate-to-life color of the THREE variants I've encountered.

Hand: IMPLdoll Idolman (late 2016-early 2017)
      Body: IMPLdoll MGB (late 2018-early 2019)
      Head: Fantasia Doll Vivian normal, blushed to match IMPLdoll RS (mid 2016)

[​IMG]
      Impl RS comparisons
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

8. @Rakonto Oh wow, I like your Karen, but she's not on the site anymore :( Very nice outfit! Which body is she on?

I don't know, @A Wee Tiefling , honestly, I think they just modified the Azalea head :sneaky

@AntarelNefertili , yah, it's a pain in the bum to get the right version of resin color with Impldoll, even with their own dolls!

9. @IngieBee I don't know all of the various body iterations Impldoll has had over the years, but she's 64cm-ish tall and I would say an older version of their current Star options. (Why won't all doll websites maintain pictures/info on their older/retired dolls...) :pout:

10. I know, it's sad when you can't find the photos of the dolls you had bought a long time ago, and especially sad if you lost your own copies. Luts still has all their dolls on the site, even after CP left them, they're all still there. I like that!

Anyways, it sounds like she's on the first generation Star body :) Cool!

11. That's my best guess! And same, I love it when companies leave pictures of all of their dolls on the site, even if they're not available anymore. It makes it so much easier to verify if an older doll is legit/body measurements/etc., plus it's just a nice piece of history to have in this hobby for relative newbies like me who came into it after so many popular companies have gone under or completely changed direction. (RIP companies/sites that don't even exist anymore...)

12. thanks for all the help with resin colours everyone, though i'm even more of a conundrum then before lol, real skin seems to pale, tan seems to orange, maybe brown would work but it's darker then i'd planed.

13. You can always ask Impldoll to make a color for you. I believe you can send in a sample or a paint chip and they will match it for $50. @Enchiridion

14. As another note, when you have Impldoll make a color for you, it's a one time fee, so if you wanted several dolls/bodies in a particular color, you only have to pay once, at least that's how it was in the past :)

And I do want to say, they have a great faceup artist now, I hope they stick around. I really love my Leona's faceup, it's very nice and colorful and detailed. I really like their new Dabria , she's so pretty and different. Looks like a strong character.

#74 IngieBee, Jan 9, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    15. @Enchiridion
      I realized I have a picture of my impls beside a tan doll...though the artificial lighting is washing them all out. I'd say if you're going for olive-toned tans impldoll might not be right for you (without giving them a sample. They do custom colours so it's still worth looking). The pic is in artificial lighting but you still get the range of colour depth, just not the true to life colour.

So Dante (far left) is on an old Impl model body, which you can see is pale (but was probably their old pink or yellow "normal) Mo (centre) is a Spiritdoll tan and he's fairly deep-tanned, the right wig and eyes make it clear. Kitten (far right) is on a recent batch of Impl Real Skin (probably within the last 4 years) and she is a peachy orange compared to Mo. I find the enviro resin Impl uses has a lovely transluscency that makes even the orangey Real Skin look lively and nice, like human skin would. But it's definitely not a colour I'd think of for a person with naturally dark melanin skin.

[​IMG]

16. @A Wee Tiefling lovely Aurora, she looks good on so bright pink colours. Mines is on ginger hair. Somehow I love how she looks.

17. Yah, the tan does not look so orange there at all! I think my boy has faded a bit, I remember when I first got him, it was shocking. I got his body separately, and his head was an accident, or an event, I don't know, but the head and body never did match. I don't know if this is because they are just different batches or if the head is the "special Tan"??

18. @americanseamstress How did you get Impldoll to hybridize the body and legs? I emailed Alice's Collections, and Impldoll said "TGB legs are not compatible with FGB body."

19. @Valor I contacted them separately for legs and when they said they were incompatible I said I wanted them anyway

20. Alright, I insisted, and Impldoll agreed for $30 more. Hybrid tax time. :sweat