1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. Ah crap I fell of this thread ages ago! Beautiful pictures , everyone!

Maybe this is my year to finally buy azalea elf...

2. I sympathize, it keeps happening to me too :D

3. Yeah, I was dropped from this thread, too.

4. I love loongsoul for that ahah. I’ve also had to make a designated resin penis storage area to keep family and resin parts separate. The cat stole one once (it stuck to his collar and he ran away, penis in tow.)

5. I have 2 guys with removable parts, Liroshan (Granado 53 Lucifer) and Macian (Spirit Doll Dark). Liroshan almost never wears his equipment as when I sit him down, his thighs pop his twig & berries off and then I need to fish it our of his pants. Macian on the other hand, I didn't know he had mag bits (he was a 2nd hand purchase). I re-strung him twice (he was shipped unstrung) and it wasn't until the 2nd time (I'd strung his legs on opposite the first time *rolls eyes at self*) that I noticed he had removable junk. His magnets are quite strong and the parts are designed so that he can sit without having to go on a runaway penis hunt down his pants.

6. ROFL can you imagine a "normal" person petting your cat and finding that on it's collar? Just too funny!

@Iron_Dog "twig and berries" :mwahaha:lol:

7. Tony's coming home today, and he's got a gorgeous faceup! The only problem is I don't have a nice wig or clothes. Gah. Why did I order such a big guy? Tell me wha-hai!

8. At least guys can go bald and who needs clothes??? @A Wee Tiefling ? We expect pictures regardless :D :D :D

9. @A Wee Tiefling Because you're hopelessly addicted to resin in the form of dolls? Because Dolly Brain very logically and reasonably listed out why it was a good idea while brutally beating Rational Brain into silence? Because he was purchased during a resin induced haze and by the time you realized what you'd done, it was too late to back out?

If you need more "reasons" I have a ton I can provide you with. I am an unashamed enabler of resin hoarding/addiction.

10. Ack, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that...

Based on your experience so far, would you say that doing the color match service for a hybrid is worth the wait?
      (I'll be using a Granado head in New Normal Skin).

I nean, I could always just blush the head to match the body, but it would be nice to have them match right off the bat. I'm just not sure if I'd have the patience to wait a year... (though it seems like your wait was partly due to the reorder and the pandemic?)

What are your two cents?

11. @Iron_Dog haha Dolly Brain beating rational brain into submission! I think that must be exactly what happens to me sometimes :lol:

12. @Silver_Unicorn297 My long wait for the re-make is most likely due to the pandemic. The initial order was a 3 months long and I ordered him with a face-up as well. I placed the order on October 8, 2019 and received Kulfi (the wrong green) on January 3, 2020.

When I received Kulfi it was just before reports started coming out from China about a virus. Then in late January they locked down Wuhan and things snowballed after that leading to everything going into shutdown. I don't know where the colour service is that Impl uses but I'd cautiously assume it's somewhere in China. I'm not certain but I think the website was still operational for ordering dolls during the lockdown but nothing could be made so orders started to pile up. It takes time to make a doll in a way that ensures that there's no defects/air bubbles, etc. and that the resin colour is consistent for the whole doll.

It sucks that I've been waiting this long for the re-make of my ordered doll. But I completely understand why it's taking longer than normal to do that. Since they use a colour service, they're held up by the demands of that company in addition to working through their own backlog of orders.

Impl has been very good with communication with me and generally answer within 24 hours. I'd suggest you email them to ask about wait time for colour matching. Hopefully they'll give you an honest answer of XX months due to their backlog. I'd also suggest you send them a physical sample of the the resin colour to get your best match instead of a digital picture. I'd recommend sending them a paint sample that matches your head instead of the head cap itself (get a couple of samples). That way if something should happen and the sample gets lost in the mail (because mail/shipping is a bit on the dreadful side right now), it's no harm, no foul and you can simply re-send the sample.

13. @Iron_Dog Thanks so much for your input. I didn't know that they used a separate company to do the color matching! I thought it was all done in-house, but that makes more sense. I will do as you suggested and ask them for a rough estimate in this case. Three months is very reasonable, especially in the dolly world, where wait times can be even longer. I can totally see why things would take longer due to the backlog though... more so since their website allowed people to place orders even though though they were on lockdown. Hopefully they aren't stressing or overworking themselves...

I was actually thinking of getting a color sample--or making one myself on a piece of cardstock with acrylic. Or maybe finding the matching Pantone code, though it seems like a physical sample would still be safer.

14. @Silver_Unicorn297 When I ordered Impl gave me a link to a page with hundreds of colours to choose from. I initially choose what I thought was the closest colour to Malachite's child self (Impl Simon Colourful Life Green). While the colour I wanted to have was close to a doll that Impl had made previously, the Simon was limited and made years and years ago and they didn't keep a reference of it I guess. Because I was choosing a colour digitally, I believe that's where some of the error occurred (monitors showing colours different) but it was also much lighter than could be accounted for in monitor display differences.

It's not critical to me to get an exact match between the 2 dolls as long as it's close-ish. That's why I didn't send them a physical sample to match. I will be ordering a colour matched body from RS for a head I have and for that, I'll be sending them a paint chip sample since it's important that the colour be as close as possible to the head. The head is very limited (it was made for a Russian BJD festival) so there's no way I feel comfortable sending his head cap anywhere.

15. I'm not sure if this would be of any use, but I have some Granado in new normal resin, and it's a really close match to Impl's recent (as of August 2020) pink resin. It might appear a smidge lighter depending on lighting, but it's really dang close. If you'd like, I could take some comparison photos of them for you.:kitty2

At some point I'd love to get a Plaice in their white resin. Would anyone by chance be able to get some photos of a Place head next to one of the Impl girls, or a head similar in size? I'm curious if the scale will work with the rest of my crew or not.

16. @Iron_Dog I hear you on not wanting to send out the headcap. Granted, Uriel is no where near as limited, but still, sending a headcap is risky--especially what with all the chaos and backlog in the postal system. Also, shipping could change at any time. I can deal with a slight mismatch as well--and it'll be harder to notice once I finish blushing and all.

@jade-eyed-cat I think I heard that the match was close! I think Granado is a touch lighter? I'd love to see any photos that you have. I might not have to go for a full custom color in this case. Thank you.

Gosh, I'm so excited for this guy though. I'm already using my Beast's body as a model to make all the clothes as I wait XD The latest Implguy bodies are really buff, which is exactly what I needed for the character.

17. I have several doll bodies I want to order from Impldoll, but I am going to wait until next year. I have two long term layaways for expensive dolls that I won't have paid off until summer anyway. After that I plan on saving up for 6 months and hopefully Impldoll's backlog will be clear by then. With my two layaways, I can't make an order anyways, so none of this will be an issue for me as long as Impldoll survives (which kind of makes me worried) I do hope they will survive!

18. @Silver_Unicorn297 I'll try and grab a few quick ones tomorrow when it's light out for you then. I'll make sure to get some in both natural and artificial light to show the difference.:kitty2

19. Can anyone who has a Model girl body doll (with thigh joint) give me advice on what clothes/shoes fit best and how well the body poses? If anyone has photos that would be great too.

20. I bit the bullet and have a large (for me) layaway with Impldoll as of two days ago, lol! Just in time to take benefit of the sale event~ I ordered PeiYing on the FBG, Aurora and Alberta on the Star bodies, extra heads: Lydia, Azalea Elf, and a custom color Idol Muscle girl body. Plus some extra feetsies, of course! I figure since the custom color is going to take a bit anyway, a long layaway would be ideal. Thank you Impdoll, you stole my dolly budget for the year! :XD::whee::)

=parks self in thread=