1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPL dolls Star, Model and Idol Discussion thread 15

Dec 23, 2020

1. I've been waiting over a year now for a custom colour doll. But Covid interrupted the process for who knows how long (I'm guessing several months at least) and their colour match place is backlogged. But mine is a custom colour and if you ordered a colour they normally do, it probably won't take as long. I'm unsure how they do layaway orders so they may have started on it when the layaway reached a certain point?

2. :( oof, thats gonna be a rough wait. I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope for the best.

3. I know, I'm sorry @gaymergoose I have 2 long term layaways, one 6 months and the other 9 months and I don't expect they'll be ready, even then. I do hope things will normalize, but yah, probably not. When you get covid you often can't do so much anymore, and don't recover for a long time (long term issues) this could mean doll companies and their support services (resin manufacturers, etc) might be slow for some time yet :(

4. @IngieBee It's a bit unusual for the company to delay by 9 months! I hope that's not going to play out. I don't know how long they took to make Tony, but he was definitely being made during the early pandemic and he was done by the time my layaway was over.

5. well s#*t does go wrong, LOL. My last Impl order, which I kept in touch with after 5 months of waiting, took 14 months total to receive. (actually 2 more months for Leona's head to get here) I ordered September of 2019 and got it November 2020 (a few months ago). The pandemic undoubtedly caused chaos. After all, Impldoll is in China, possibly in Wuhan, and if some of your staff are sick (god forbid) and they might be the boss or manager, etc... you can see how some orders were managed and others fell to the way side. I'm not angry, bummed and frustrated, sure, since Plaice didn't get the right color body, but not angry. I want Impldoll to survive, I love their dolls.

And on that note, it's why I kinda think we/I have to expect the worst for our/my sanity :D I mean, this is not the time to eagerly look forward to an order, especially in my case. It's better to plod on making payments then shoving the thought of what I ordered to the deepest emotionless depths of my brain, LOL. Otherwise, I don't think I can survive. And when those payments are up, I hope everyone is in the swing of things again, because I have bodies to order from Impldoll (which includes bodies for Aurora, Leona and Crystal, who's body was stolen by an F65 Lora head)

#165 IngieBee, Jan 27, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    6. I started a layaway for a brown Cherise in late October 2020 and she's been finished less than 3 months later, so quickly in fact that I haven't even paid her off yet! Depending on when Alice's actually ordered your Iris with Impldoll, she might be close to done too :)

7. Oh wow, fantastic @Dei, it sure would be great if Impldoll is in full swing again!

8. I got a response from Alice's Collections saying the the wait would likely be around 5-6 months, which is a bit longer than I was hoping for but not nearly as bad as it could've been, considering the circumstances. If I'm lucky, she might even be on her way to me by the time my birthday rolls around at the end of June! I can always hope lol.
      I suppose this gives me plenty of time to come up with a name for her and flesh out her story. I'm thinking of keeping Iris as a middle name since I do actually quite like that name.

9. Yah, I'm sorry @gaymergoose , I have to stop talking about that last disappointing order, it just brings out my frustration and I fear I take all the fun out of getting a new doll :D I also wish I could get to ordering the bodies I need but there is no way to do that as I'm broke! LOL How did I end up with so many floating heads? I swore I wasn't going to get any more floating heads, but I did :doh

10. @IngieBee No apology necessary, I really hope things work out well for you, both in your current layaways and your future body shopping. Having something to look forward to, even if its far away, is enough to keep me going during the dark times of the present. <3

11. I'll allow myself some excitement once I get them paid off. In the mean time, I've been drafting sloper patterns. If you ever watch The Closet Historian on youtube, She teaches how to take a basic sloper and turn it into all kinds of vintage inspired outfits. Personally, I wear sweatpants and t-shirts, LOL. So although I love these outfits she makes, I would never wear them (well, maybe one or two for special occasions) but I can try out all of her tutorials now that I have basic slopers for my dolls. Except I don't have basic slopers, LOL. I have to sew them up and make any adjustments to fit. They are supposed to fit pretty much like a glove. I drafted them up in Valentina, a free pattern drafting program. It's been a steep learning curve but if it works, it'll be so cool!

I've already fitted the bodice front and back on my MGB in my first forays into building a sloper, but now I have to add sleeves, LOL. At least I now have the slopers drafted for the first draft, tomorrow, if my husband doesn't need me, I'll get to sewing :D

#171 IngieBee, Jan 28, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    12. A lot of companies are running at around 6 months it seems right now. Hopefully that's only because of how the pandemic threw the whole world into chaos and it's in the process of straightening itself out.

Sewing clothes... I thought that if I had more free time I'd be able to get some sewing projects done. But no, it just means I have more time to do all manner of other things too that I wanted to do as well as add a bunch of new stuff to do because I have more free time. It's a vicious cycle.

13. @Dei Oooo, I can't wait to see a Cherise in the wild. She's got such a great eye shape!
      --
      HA HA Sewing...yet another craft I won't be learning for my dolls. Desperately needed considering I'm sitting on a box of scrap fabric as big as my couch. In fact it is my couch. What couch?... yeah. I need to make more clothes for my poor Tony. Everyone else can fit into something I can buy. Not Tony, nope, he's a f-ing admiral, he needs his service uniform and dress uniform and blee blah bloo, son you're an expensive habit.

14. Gods, if I had to pay for every piece of clothing my guys have, they would maybe have 1/3 of the wardrobe they do. Despite the staggering amount of clothes I've made them, some poor dudes have just 1 outfit. There are certain boys that I end up sewing for a lot because they look gorgeous in damn near anything. The funniest part about that to me is that it's frequently the ones who aren't clothes horses/don't give a damn that end up with the biggest share of clothes.

There is some sharing amongst my crew but I've also got a LOT of odd sized/weird dolls that pretty much need their own clothes if the items are to fit halfway decently/at all. Mkhai generally needs clothes that can fit over/around his spikes. Kheima needs tops that factor in his 3rd arm. Rhyia needs bottoms that either go over or don't pose a problem to his giant owl feet. Vasyl needs bottoms that don't interfere with his scorpion tail. Macian should have tops that allow him to have his wings attached. Kulfi, Malachite and Arjan are too big for MSD clothes but just a touch too small for SD clothes (58cm& 56cm). Yeah, the list kinda goes on and on.

15. Note, this suit is supposed to be mod, IE: short lapels and short length, that nice geeky mod look. So with that in mind, I really think Alice's collections can make some great custom fit clothing. The more detail you give the better. I drew up dimensions on top of photos of I remember correctly. Legs ended up a bit log but I can fix that with his shoes on no problem :thumbup Hum, it might be that the jacket should have been a bit longer, but I'm really pleased with the results

I think I need to put this on my Nicolaus who it was intended for, but with a turtle neck sweater.
      [​IMG]

#175 IngieBee, Jan 29, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    16. @IngieBee That's some hep cat! Glad to know AC will make quality clothes...I've got my eye on one of the military outfits for Tony.

17. Awesome @A Wee Tiefling ! Looks like you need to include preferred length from shoulder too. I did want that suit to break the rules of standard good suit design, and don't mind the length of the jacket, but it does point out that that dimension should be included!

18. Oh wow, @IngieBee that custom outfit turned out great!

Sewing is definitely one of the skills I'm most thankful for. Drafting patterns is tricky, but not so bad once you get the hang of it. Once you can get the hang of it, you can get those dolly clothes fitting the way you want, with few compromises. Like, I needed a shirt that would appear fitted on the latest Impldoll body--his upper arms are quite beefy...

Mind, even though I'm almost done with my Bucky Barnes jacket, I might remake it since I am not 100% satisfied with it.

On a different note... wasn't there a post a while back about the shoulder/upper arm mobility on the new Implguy body? I swear I read something about someone modding it...

19. I've fallen in love with the FGB and haven't gotten any of the others, so I don't know. about the arms :) But I'm definitely excited to see the clothes you make, does your boy have an Impl head or is he a hybrid? Do you post him on another thread? Sounds so hunky, Bucky Barnes ! @Silver_Unicorn297 :love:love:love

20. I'm not sure about modding the upper arm joint but I know I expressed my dislike of it. However, it's Kulfi's arms (Model) that bug me where Mkhai's (Star) don't. I assume that's because on Mkhai, the upper part of that joint on one arm is completely covered with the arm spikes so it seems logical to have it as a separate piece? His other arm doesn't have any spikes yet the joint there doesn't bother me. I think it's because that arm is more... round? where Kulfi's arm is more oval so when the joint is twisted, it looks uneven.

It's my personal opinion that the joints are useless and probably the only reason I haven't glued them together is because that would involve re-stringing and my hands really hate me after I do that so I try not to unless it's necessary.