1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPLDOLL Fantasia Discussion thread

Feb 18, 2010

1. Little koifish, When you say you "have trouble understanding why she hasn't sold better",do you mean why is she still available??

Its possible she has been available longer than other LE of similar addition size just because the company is new. Not many are familiar with impldoll.

It is a chance you take when you buy from a newer/not well known company as to weather you will like them or not. Some people arent willing to take the chance,and would rather wait and see more owner pictures before buying.

I know I preorderd mine right away,because I have an affinity for fantasy dolls. I orderd mine from DDE,and she hasn't come in yet, although others of her have(I orderd fullset with blushing on feet and hands,minus clothes cause I wasn't really feeling the outfit)and Wendy tells me they are stunning in person!

I think it depends on alot of small factors that end up adding to a greater whole when it comes to how fast these sort of things sell out.

I know when I got my elfdoll Polaris junkspot LE 50,she sold out quickly and I got the last one. But the elfdoll vampire elf lydia "Pandora" LE of 50, on junkyspot has been there for what seems like forever..and she is still available,with her price now dropped some,and elfdoll is a well known company. I know recently they decided to stop working with dealers,so no doubt thats the reason for her price drop.

My dollzone Isabel fullset LE 30, I had to get second hand,because she was already sold out and I really wanted her.

Of course Isabel had smaller LE than that of Fantasia.

so it just depends on several factors I think. Edition size,popularity of the company and how well known they are,concept of the doll in question etc.

I think she may be a bit of a sleeper doll and sales may pick up after more people post pictures of their dolls as they come in.;)

-kitten

2. Okay that makes sense. And yes, that was precisely what I meant.

Thanks much for answering! ^_^ I am hoping she's around long enough for me to be able to get her. She's so very pretty... Which kind of surprised me... thus far I've been more partial to male dolls.

Thanks hun! I'm still figureing out how the finer details of the hobby works. I lucked out on my first doll and won him in a competition, so i really have no clue how the buying and the waiting portion of it works

3. :) np!

The waiting part is the worst part of bjd's imo..LOL I am not so good with waiting.;)

There are several dealers selling Fantasia,besides just going through impldoll themselves. You can get her from DDE and I think doll peddler,and a few other places has her as well.:)

hope I helped.:)

-kitten

4. Muse Star, I just spotted your note that one of Fantasia's ear tips broke off; that's terrible! And sounds like you didn't know it, don't have the tip? You might contact Impldoll (or your dealer) and see if you can get a replacement ear. They're probably still casting the purple resin. . . .

5. I think she is truely a wonderful sculpt! I did my own face up and it turned out really well. She will be going with me to a doll meet this weekend!

6. Hi AnitaS..........yes, her ear tip broke off! I was horrified and her first trip out too. I luckily found her ear tip, but I am thinking of contacting DDE where I got her and get another pair. Glue doesn't hold these on too well.

7. Ooh noes! Broken ears are no good. I suppsose thats a danger with something so long and delicate, though.

8. I've no idea how it happened, she was carried in her carrier they sent. I think I can get a replacement.

9. I got my fantasia today from Denver Doll!! She is SO beautiful! Her faceup is stunning! She has alot of glitter and glitz and her promo pictures didn't do her faceup justice at all!! Her resin is so smooth and wonderful to touch! I am really pleased with her! She has a more adult look, like that of the Soom monthly dolls. I really adore her!!I have named her Wisteria Morning Glory.

-Kitten

10. Heres a closeup of my Fantasia with default faceup. I wanted to show how beautiful she is in person,in case there are any still on the fence about her.:) Her posability is not the best,but would be much better with wiring. Its certainly not the worst posability either though. She has such a different unusual look! I know shes a fairy,but she almost looks like a sea creature/water nymph. I just love her! I will take better pictures and do a bio for her once she has clothes. Her ears are very very delicate,and so are her hands. I am so worried we are going to snap off a finger or an ear tip!
      I am not sure about her eyes,they are beautiful but I dont know if they are right for the look I am going for so I will probably change them later once she has her outfit done.She has lots of superfine glitter around her eyes and all over,its lovely! It was hard to capture in the picture though.:)

[​IMG]

-kitten

11. I really love this doll but have to admit that reading this thread really has put me off her, which is a real shame!

12. I am uncertain of orderin from DDE on your opinon do you think i should go for it or wait to get what i'm looking for on another site?

13. She's very lovely KittenINAbox, I like how she has a fantasy makeup, but it isn't over powered either, it shows you what her face sculpt is really like. :)