1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPLDOLL Fantasia Discussion thread

Feb 18, 2010

1. Actually, no, that has nothing to do with it for me. It has to do with the fact that Impl's most recent dolls are heavily, heavily influenced by Soom, to the point of similar names (Amber/Ember), nearly-identical ears (the only difference is Impl's are removable and Soom's are not), and faces that strongly resemble one another.

Yes, there are only so many variations on the human form that a company can do. But Impl went from very unique, recognizable and distinctly "their style" scuplts when they first debuted to being more and more heavily influenced by another company, and straying from their own style in favor of very visibly imitating another company's. That is what I personally take issue with.

I am so with you on this one!

2. No I don't think they'll go under because of this. I actually think they'll sell better. And they'll continue to make more fantasy dolls.

Fantasia is pretty in her own right. Not quite my cup of tea, but still eye candy. I also don't think this will affect Soom prices at all.

3. I'm wondering about this body blushing issue.

Originally we thought blushing was included with the extra $100, but now it seems like that's just the hands and the feet? What we can see so far, there's clearly body blushing going on their too (nipples!), but that's not included?
      One of my pet peeves is when doll companies show you promo shots of a beautifully blushed doll, but then don't include it in the fullset and when you ask about it they tel you 'We don't offer body blushing'.
      Don't put it in the pictures then if you don't offer it!:|
      Plus $100 seems quite expensive for just the hands and feet, if this is in fact the case.

I'm currently very much on the fence here.
      I ADORE the resin colour, assuming the pictures are faithful to the real life colour, and it's hard for me to turn away from it, but I really do need more pictures before deciding if I really like her or not.
      I'm not a fan of companies that release limiteds without clothes, especially with a doll of this resin colour - it's not easy to find a good colour match.
      It also looks like her wig isn't included, and her eyes are random.
      I'm not sure how I feel about her faceup too... I feel like perhaps she's this amazing doll but the execution isn't there with the painting?
      She might actually be good to get blank then send off to someone fabulous for a good faceup/parts painting?

Anyone else on the fence / totally sold / hate her? xD

4. 1) Impl are 'inspired' by other companies than Soom, namely Bambicrony and DoD

2) Throwing words like 'elitism' around is really tacky. It can be very effective in getting people not to share their opinions, therefore please be restrained in using it.

5. Looks like you're all having lots of fun in here. :)

I got an update on the blushing and unfortunately the body won't be included. This is due to rubbing off during shipment and the concern of rubbing off when it's being carried by the customer.

The blushing at $100.00 includes ALL the hands and feet she comes with - the elf feet and hands, the human feet and hands, and high heel feet and hands.

6. $100 for just the blushing on hands and feets? o______o

7. Yes, just for all the hands and feet she comes with.

There are 3 sets:

1) Elf feet and hands,
      2) Human flat feet and hands,
      3) Human high heel feet

8. Exactly!! Then there's Lord of the Rings - every single modern portrayal of an elf (doll form or not) with human proportions and the classic pointed ears is actually a copy (mostly without even realising it) of the elves in Tolkien's books/Peter Jackson's movie adaptation because the elves of folklore are goblin type creatures, not the beautiful angelic creatures Tolkien invented but fantasy writers/artists/directors/cosplayers/doll companies/etc have been ripping off ever since and because it's done to death most people assume that's what elves look like. Soom aren't original by any means, they just take the centuries old images from folklore and modern ideas about elves and use them to good effect but that doesn't mean they own the copyright on faries and sprites!

Anyway, bollox aside, the doll is pretty, coloured resin looks awesome and that's such a cool shade, I'd be tempted to buy if I hadn't already put a deposit on Souldoll Kayla!

9. Update:

IMPLDOLL has lowered the price of blushing to $70.00.

I offer it for $60.00.

10. Up above someone said that it looked like they're just taking advantage of a fad. To me, there's no question of that. It's just blatantly obvious. But so are dozens of other products we use every day. Who worries about the fact that their cell phone is most likely a response to some fad or other, for example? ;)

On the other hand: 1) Lavender resin!! So pretty. 2) Will people buy her? Sure they will!

So in spite of the fact that my initial reaction was "oh man, can't we come up with something a bit more original?" the more I think about it the more I think "so what -- why not."

They are, after all, in business. And they're obviously NOT doing recasts/copies, so there's nothing wrong there.

So once again it comes down to: If it bothers you, don't buy it; if you don't mind, knock yerself out! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing owner pics of her because you have to admit that is an exquisite color :D

11. I received an update that 38 are left.

It's a combination of retailer purchase and customer purchase. So when they're sold out at IMPLDOLL for pre-order, some stores may have the unclaimed ones up for sale when they arrive.

12. My feelings exactly. Thank you Baakay for being the voice of reason.

13. Sorry, but why does she have two kinds of human hands?:? Are they shaped differently?

14. Nope, my mistake! :sweat It happens with my typing "and hands" so many times, just comes right out. :) Thanks for pointing it out!

It's just:

1) Elf feet and hands,
      2) Human flat feet and hands,
      3) Human high heel feet.

Just 1 pair human hands. :)

Also, the blushing on the elf feet include the leaf blushing.

15. Hmm if they just made a doll in this amazing purple resin with just elf ears, I think it would be enough to get many people byuing her.

The similarity to Soom to get the people buy her is unnecessary and their image would be much better :(

38 left wow that was quick.

16. 38 left :o
      That's kind of depressing. I can't see how so many people are ordering her when we haven't even seen full pictures yet?
      I'm waiting around for Impldoll to actually release all the pictures (can't tell much from just a front shot) and it would be really infuriating if she sold out before then.
      I think if Impldoll are going to take preorders, they should publish all the pictures first!

17. what 38 iam also waiting to see more pics of her

18. But what's left to publish? The resin color and parts unique to her are already shown, the rest is the same body used for the rest of their Imp Star girls. One quick look at the site shows what the rest of her will look like.

19. More angles of the head sculpt for one! Can't tell much about a doll from just one shot.
      You need multiple shots of a doll from multiple angles to really tell if they're the doll for you.
      Plus we don't know how the hands and feet are going to look in conjunction with the entire body.. are those feet going to look too small, are they going to be too big, are they going to be just right?

Basically, this is just a teaser pic showing us small elements of, but not the full product.
      Buying before seeing the full product might result in her not being as expected when she gets home.:(

20. i agree with midnitestar7 you have see more photos... like her you cant see how they are connected do to her wig... and her head mold you cant tell alot from those pics i want to see side views etc....