1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPLDOLL Fantasia Discussion thread

Feb 18, 2010

1. Sorry, but I disagree with the reasoning that because other companies have "copied" Volks by making ball-jointed dolls, or that having a beautiful elf is "copied" from Tolkien, that excuses the fact these dolls are obviously inspired by Soom dolls. As well as having other dolls that look to be inspired by other companies, too.

I think for the most part we really shouldn't encourage companies to copy each other like this. Instead of getting a new vision on how a faun ear might hang, we just get the same rehashing of ideas. I notice this a lot with newer companies, and to me, they all look the same. Saturating the market with the same idea over and over and over again.

Fantasia is very pretty. But I really rather see companies taking the idea "Okay, everyone likes fauns and fairies now..." and doing something different with it.

2. I sort of agree with this as well but let's say Impldoll came out with hooves that are similar to Sooms. Even though I don't like the fact that Impldoll is releasing dolls that are, quite frankly, a little to close to Soom's, I'm not sure I could resist buying impldoll's take on Soom's hooves.

For people like me for whom soom's MD are perpetually out of reach it would be a terrible temptation :( .

3. I don't know. I also couldn't afford the Soom hooves. Especially with the secondhand market prices! :sweat But I would still rather see hooves done differently (who knows, many people might prefer them!) than having it be too similar to Soom. That's why I like the Resinsoul hooves. A bit different take on the idea of hooves. Much skinnier than Soom's, and some people prefer that.

4. I have several Soom dolls and I still think Fantasia is cute. If I wasn't running low on cast ATM, I'd consider her seriously. Her face is very un-soom-like, and, though she has parts similar to Amber and Topaz (both of which I own), her fingers are all in much different positions compared to Amber's and the feet look much shorter than Topaz's, which might actually be a good thing because those snag on EVERYTHING XD.

Are her parts very Soom-y? Yes. But, I personally feel she has an identity of her own.

5. Hehe I do have a resinsoul Ai and I love her starnge skinny deer legs :fangirl:Thing is I love hooved dolls so much I'd probably have one of every kind released so far if my money was unlimited :) But yeah I would be really torn if they did happen to make some soom similar hooves.

I have an Impldoll Joyce and I think she is beautiful. But Impldoll's more, well "Impldoll-ish" heads don't really seem to sell all that well. Perhaps they realized their style wasn't selling so great so they decided to look at other companies to try and make something that would sell a little better. It seems to have worked considering how fast Fantasia is selling out.

It really does make me sad that they chose to be so inspired by other companies dolls though. Now when ever people see my Joyce they'll know Impldoll as "that company who was 'inspired by' Soom :(

6. Well, she is up on the site, and they are releasing her early (Feb 21 China time). Fantasia is listed as selling through retailers AND through Impldoll.

Impldoll originally planned to release her in March, and I don't think they are quite back from their New Year vacation. Looks like the interest in her is so high that they had to move up their plans!

7. I agree wholeheartedly with this.

ETA: And am adding that I would like to see some other more original ideas from doll companies, instead of ones inspired by another.

8. ....AUGH. After seeing the new pictures, especially that beautiful profile, I find that I don't really care how heavily SOOM has influenced her. I just need her in my collection now.

9. Also, if you notice from Impldoll's site, Fantasia's price has raised from what I was initially told by $10.00. This extra is for the lavender skin. All of Impldoll's dolls that are not the usual skin tones have a charge of $10.00. Fantasia LE50 is $405.00 start price.

The North American dealers Impldoll contact forgot to include this extra cost when telling us Fantasia price, as LE50's only available in Lavender. Thus those of us dealers had posted her as $395.00. When Fantasia is released in the normal and white, her price will be $395.00.

All has been cleared up now. Thank you for being patient with her release. :) More pictures have been posted on the Impldoll site for her (http://impldoll.com/product_detai.php?id=370), and she will be available to be purchased on the Impldoll site starting February 21st.

If you're looking for a European/German dealer of Impldoll, I have been told that Manus Doll Shop (http://www.manus-doll-shop.de/) is a dealer for Impldoll. You may have to contact them about purchasing her.

10. First Amber's ears, now Topaz's looks? No thank you. Go make up your own dolls, instead of mooching off others.

11. That's why I give both Souldoll and Iplehouse credit. Iple has gone a different route than Soom with their chimera heads and Souldoll's fantasy dolls are uniquely Souldoll including their latest girl who also just happens to have lavender resin.

12. I really like Impl's bodies and I have one of their male bodies for my Narin Charisma. It poses so beautifully and better than any of my other bodies! I do like their more recent facial sculpts like Fantasia and Abagail--there's something about the nose to mouth ratio that seems to be more on than previously.

However, I do wish that Impl would find their own groove like Angelheim's initial release of their Medusa Zion (I know that Angelheim has also released two versions of Luka that resemble Soom's MD work as well though) or Spirit Doll's Dark and Moonless.

13. I really love this one, and lavender!!! I have always wanted a lavender doll ever since the older Bambicrony dolls came out with their colors. I have a misty blue, but LAVENDER!!!! I wish I had this doll in my arms right now!! She is gorgeous, reminds me of that lavender/blue Froud fairy elf girl posted here.

I have Topaz and Amber and it looks like a combination of both! Different diffinitely rules in the faeie elf world.

14. Hmm.. I'm quite torn right now, I must say!:sweat

I have this habit of jumping on all fancy coloured resin dolls, as well as an immediate attraction to fatnasy dolls.
      Up to now this has general meant that if there's been a fantasy themed girl with coloured resin, I've bought her without thinking!
      I spent too long thinking about Souldoll Celine in blue and she was gone before I had the chance, but then Kayla came out with her amazing ice violet resin and I snapped her up.
      The same part of me wants to snap up Fantasia too, because LOOK AT THAT RESIN COLOUR. I really like her petite little face too, and her ears and and hands are beatiful.
      But SOMETHING is lacking for me and I can't place my finger on what.

It could be that the fullset extras seem kind of cheap, especially when you compare them to the Souldoll Kayla fullset outfit I'm waiting for. They just lack detail and quality.
      Plus they kind of seem like teenage goth girl clothes - I speak as an ex-goth who had a dress in pretty much that EXACT fabric. xD

I also feel like her faceup could be pulling her down. It's way too simplistic and those eyebrows aren't a good colour for her.
      She'd really benefit from a better faceup job I think.

Basically.. she might be one of the first limited dolls ever I've looked at and decided if I'm to get her, it'll be BLANK. (with that wig cause it's fabulous xD)
      Her price isn't too bad as just a blank doll too.

Wish I had more time to think about this.. plus if I'm going to get her blank, I'd need to send her off to an artist, meaning I'd probably be better buying her from a US dealer as that's where all the artists on DoA I like are (I think!).
      But the artists I like are always full to bursting so, it wouldn't be easy to do at all unless I just got her sent to me then dealt with the extra shipping later.

Sigh, I don't know! Maybe I should just ignore her completely as I already have my big ice violet girl on the way and look forward to owner pics on here!

15. midnitestar7 - I've noticed that Impldoll's promo shots always seem to lack something. Maybe it's just that the environmental resin comes off looking more plastic than it should. If I hadn't gotten to play with an Impldoll body before ordering one for my Thalatta, I might not have taken the chance...but man, am I glad I did. :D

Their clothes are also definitely a lot better than the pictures seem to show.

16. I'm really leanin toward this one, my first Impldoll. Hope those magnetic ears stay on really well. Well, if not I can always get stronger magnets too!

17. The more I stare at her, the more I really think she looks like Cuprit.:sweat

18. I...have to say, I don't see the Cuprit look-alike. I can see it a teensy bit in the full front shots of her face (mostly in the shape of her eyes), but I just don't see it in the 3/4th and profile views. To me, the profile looks more like Chirstoper.

19. I think it's her lips... they even seem to be painted the same colour.
      In fact.. I think if you just stretched out Fantasia's head a bit, made it longer, she'd look like Cuprit. Not that that's a bad thing, I adore Cuprit.. it just makes me wonder if I need 2 dolls who look like that!:lol: