1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPLDOLL Fantasia Discussion thread

Feb 18, 2010

1. The lips and almond eyes do look rather cuprit-ish. She is pretty but those lips look rather out of place IMO. Also have to agree a better faceup would do her much good. I like cuprit fine but Fantasia's lips throw me off. The outfit looks super out of place with lavendar fairy. So I look forward to seeing other photos of her with better faceup and more-fitting outfit.

2. Yeah, that's what I meant about the outfit. It's very goth and would seem more fitting to a vampire character or something of the like.
      Fantasia is a fairy, and should be dressed in something suitably fairy-esque! Something sparkly and asymmetrical would be beautiful I think!
      She also does need a more interesting faceup.

I think the idea is there, it's just her execution that's lacking somewhat.
      If I had $400 to throw away, I'd probably be getting her without thinking just to see what I could do with her.. but I still have to pay off Souldoll Kayla soooo.:sweat
      [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
      [/FONT]

3. her ears look a bit on the mermaid side!

4. I dunno, her lips are a lot more open and shaped a lot differently than Cuprit's. At least to me, anyway. I could just be imagining things, since the Cuprit I get to play with is Rastea's and she is definitely much different than any pictures I've seen. ^^;

Muse Star, I am so in love with her ears. @_@ Oh man.

5. When I first looked at all the pics of her, I did see the resemblance between her and Christoper. However, I still believe that she is heavily SOOM influenced.

Midnite, I agree with you that the face-up lets her down. At first it seemed nice but the more I look, the more it doesn't suit her style whatsoever ... it just seems very rushed and lacks detail... like they havent sat down and taken to time to see what really needs to be done to fit the doll. The eyebrows, while they match the blushing on the ears and hands, seems out of place. I think she'd look gorgeous with blue blushing that match her hands/fingers (still think they look like Cass's hands)

6. Micchi, are you getting her? if you are I'm going to be haunting you for pictures. :)

In spite of how derivative she is, she's just gorgeous. If I weren't already swimming in dollage... :)

7. I can see myself taking this beauty to the Renaissance Festival with me this year, we have lots of trees and shade there. Imagine the looks!!!!!

Micchi.....those took me off guard, not your oridinary elf ears, I'm crazy over 'em, I can't stop looking!!!!

8. That's it exactly! There's this overall feeling that she's been rushed.. so I feel like the problems with her could be entirely in the faceup/clothes choice.. given a good faceup and the right outfit, she could be a KNOCKOUT xD
      Such is the problem with limiteds of course.. we can't just sit around and wait for owner pics to decide whether or not we want to order her as I suspect she'll be well and truly sold out by the time she starts arriving in homes.

I think if I got her, I'd probably get her completely blank and then get someone amazing and skilled to do her from head to toe in pinks, purples, silvers and blues. Might even consider getting her entire body blushed pearly, with perhaps a bluey purple for the joints? Not sure.. but that's the basic image I have for her.
      Sadly, it would cost $400 for the blank doll the shipping, then another $100 I'm guessing to get her painted up and potentially another $100 in shipping to and from the artist.. it would be an expensive venture for something I'm not sure will work out!:sweat

9. I think the problem may be that they did not originally plan to release her for a a week or 2. The company has been on Lunar New Year vacation. I understood that they weren't supposed to be really back until Monday. I think that some dealers have been getting inquires about Fantasia so the company felt they needed to get her out faster.

10. wow shes beautiful iam soo tempted on getting her

11. I'm gonna try to get her in the lavender skin, but if not, definitely getting her in White or Real skin. Maybe White, so I can dye her some off-the-wall color of deliciousness...:lol:

@ Muse Star - For all the hollerin' about how heavily influenced she may or may not be, those ears are amazingly unique.

12. I think she's beautiful, but I just can't dig those huge lips! The ears are amazing, and so is her skin colour, but I agree... her faceup is somehow off. Too bad, I'm sure she'd be a lovely colour. Ah well, I've had my eyes on a Christopher for a while anyway, no need to get myself sidetracked.

13. The outfit didn't fit. I'm all for goth clothing but when I usually think of fantasy fairies they are usually in gorgeous fantasy outfits - not goth :sweat It's just too modern, IMHO. Then again, I'm all for gothic fairies :)

I have to say that your idea sounds wonderful ... better than what she's being shown as. It would also work out cheaper to send her directly to the customizor from the company and then back to you, if you are unable to find anyone in Japan. However, like you said, $500+ is alot for something your unsure of. It also doesn't help that IMPLdoll are still quite new and not much is known about the dolls, especially their coloured resin.

14. @ Muse Star - For all the hollerin' about how heavily influenced she may or may not be, those ears are amazingly unique

Unique to the max, I'd say!!!! I'm just about to order her on layaway!!!

15. Oops, wrong thread!

16. That's half the problem.. all the customizers I know are in the states, and they're always REALLY booked up. I have no idea how long Fantasia might take to start being shipped, but it seems like I wouldn't be able to confirm my slot with the customizer in time to order her before she sells out.
      Plus the one person I have in mind will do faceups and fantasy parts, but not body blushing so I'd have to get her sent to 2 different people I suspect.

But yes, not knowing what's going to happen to their coloured resin is a big worry.
      I mean look at the early Bambicrony elves, they were a DISASTER.. but then I got my girls from the later attempts that actually don't change in colour, or at least haven't yet in over a year. Then we have the iplehouse jolly green giants! No one would have thought they'd go green so fast, but they did!
      I was feeling nervous about getting Souldoll Kayla for the simple reason that we have no idea how Souldoll's coloured resin holds up over time.. but then I just took the plunge as Souldoll overall have been around a while and I have their WS dolls and have no problems.

We shall see.. I'll decide once Kayla is paid off, if Fantasia is still around then!

17. Hey! Ditto that Baakay and Micchi! Her face is so different, even more than my Topaz!

18. This doll is soooo pretty! I love her lavender color. :aheartbea

(If I wasn't already in hock to Iple House for Tedros, I would definitely get her!)

19. It is a bit strange though that Lady Saiyuki's doll and she herself was banned without nearly the similarities that exist here. I am hopeful that others know better than me, if so they must be privy to some inside information, because it's not clear to me.
      At the end of the day both sides can be argued, and it seemingly comes down to splitting hairs, but it doesn't seem right to punish one company for something, and not another, when it's the same thing.
      Frankly, I felt a little uncomfortable about this company when I saw their Minis, a couple of the sculpts looked completely like DODs to me. I find it strange too, because some of their work is so unique to them, ie, their male sculpts with the high cheekbones, and the Cher doll (Manner), I would like them better if all their work was so uniquely thiers. Even the elf Christopher I thought was very different.

20. Stella Maris, unless Soom, Bambicrony, DOD or another company makes substantiated claims with proof that Impldoll has copied their products, DoA will not be banning this company or their dolls. When LS was banned it was because Asleep Eidolon made a public statement about the dolls being copies.

The Impldoll products do not strike me as being direct copies, ie modified versions of another companies dolls, rather they could be said to be knock-offs that are very inspired by the products of other companies, either lacking in imagination of their own, or trying to cash in on the wave that f ex Soom has been riding on with their monthlies.