1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Impulse Buying: The way of the bjd world X3

Sep 12, 2010

1. I'm really not much of an impulse buyer actually, unless whatever I want is limited and / or has some kind of time limit on it. However, even then I probably won't buy it straightaway and I'll still think about it for a few days.

2. Thank you everyone!!! I really did not think I would do a few impulse buys but I am very impressed with Nightfall punk clothing for bjds!:D http://nightfallwalker.web.fc2.com/frame.htm

When I saw this amazing complete punk outfit (very limited:o), I just had to get it!:kitty1 Then on ebay I found shoes that match that outfit perfectly!!! BUY NOW...CLICK!!!:blush Those items really did take me completely by surprise and it was so crazy because a few days before I saw my other dream doll and was totally lost at how I would find him a punk outfit!*_* The site he is on had no clothes and shoes that was not his style at all!:? So, I find that my impulse buy was a really lucky moment for me!
      1) That outfit is sold out now.:o 2) The shoes I got were the last pair!:sweat

I know buying everything in sight that you might not need is not good but when you see something rare and is not going to be around for very long that impulse is such a wonderful thing!;):dance:aheartbea

3. I do see a lot of things I like or want, but really try to restrict myself to buying what I can actually use at one time. I don't think I have a problem with impulse buying so much as just a general addiction to online shopping.
      If at all possible, I try to buy for new dolls all at once, but I think that's more practical as it can save on shipping. So far as I have prevented myself from buying a new doll, with the reasoning of "OMG at least finish the last doll your purchased first."

4. I wouldn't say I "impulse buy" as much as I'd say I'm able to make good buying decisions very fast. I get an idea in my head (this happened with each of my 7 dolls)...the idea may be very vague, such as, "I need a male doll to tie together the stories of all my girls." Then I start hunting the marketplace and company sites, knowing that when I see it, I'll just know it's the right one. Once I see it there's that "Eureka!" moment...and I purchase it immediately on the spot...no agonizing, no over-thinking. I had a specific goal in mind for my collection and this is how I accomplished it...with the added bonus of obtaining a great diversity of sculpts which really fed into my storyline.:)

5. I don't buy dolls on impulse, don't have the funds to do it, though the right second hand dolly in the MP can really get me dithering. Where I'm really bad is if I'm ordering, say, one pair of shoes, I tend to add things on to the order because I hate paying postage for just one thing. Saw a pair of sneakers for my tiny boy over on MoC, ended up buying five pairs!

6. Yes Korrin, completing your doll is key! It is a wonderful feeling when everything is complete! With me, Sha is complete!:D I ordered his face-up, clothes, and shoes at the same time on the dream of doll website and he comes with eyes and his wig. My other dream doll and his items just took me totally by surprise!!:o When I order him and when he arrives, he will have his complete look as well!:XD: I am all about completing my dolls!:aheartbea:3nodding:

PoeticSoul, I am similar! I don't have a made out storyline. I just know what I am looking for when I see it(different styles of clothes and shoes) and them( my guys)!:aheartbea
      I love it when that "Aha!" moment happens and you know this or these dolls are the one or ones!!!!!!:D:whee:

7. That is a very good point Isabeau! The postage is killer!!! Especially when you might only need one thing or a few smaller items like undergarments, wigs, shoes, combs, accessories, etc...*_* Like you buy a few item that come up to $10 but the postage is $25 or up!!!:sweat

8. I am an impulse buyer. I am new to BJDs and have about 7 coming.

Aliza

9. I've been bjd hunting for some time, and I've been resisting the urge to just splurge and get a doll. (And I keep having box opening dreams for dolls and getting uber excited.) So I've been cruising ebay and the marketplace and dropped some money on a whim on a couple auctions. We'll see how they go! *fingers crossed* They aren't my Tania (I keep saying it like that because she's the doll I really want), but they're on my wishlist. ^_^

Once I get more comfortable with the hobby and get a better idea about what fits and what doesn't, that sort of thing, I'll definitely be more impulsive. I'm an impulsive shopper. ^_^

10. Giggle...yes, this wonderful world of bjds will bring out the impulsive shopper!!!:) Congrats on the purchases!!!!! :thumbup:dance

11. Yes I've done this ! On clothes and on my only full SD. I was saving up to get my NNR a body, but then I spotted a B&G Lyall up for sale and although I hadn't actually seen any owner photos of him I had to get him. I'm so glad I did, but I usually don't have the money to :(

12. Most of my dolls have been impulse buys... I tend to fall in love with floating heads, make all the plans, and then fail when it comes to getting them finished. My Unoa, Lati K, Planetdoll, and Bobobie were all impulsive purchases- I spotted them somewhere and combination of great price and great sculpt made me lose my savings completely. Then there's my newest addition who is on layaway. He's extremely limited and also my super duper never in a million years dream doll, so when I spotted him I was sold. Completely, totally, and impulsively. I'm trying to curb my impulses so that I only run off and buy what's actually on my wishlist, otherwise I'll have a whole mess of dolls and none of the ones I really want!

13. I'm actually trying to steer away from impulse buying. I find I enjoy the dolls (and items) I buy much more if I plan them out carefully. There's a lot more regret when I buy anything impulsively because after the fact I start thinking, wait, didn't I need that money for something else? Or I start to feel guilty about spending the money. Then there are times when I find out that what I bought wasn't really what I wanted and of course I end up selling it or not using it.

As for buying clothes before a doll arrives, yes. I have done that before and hopefully I can do it again. I like the idea of having things that I planned out arrive a bit earlier before schedule. It's a convenience and when the doll -also planned- arrives it will have clothes it can use.

14. I started out with one....1...sd, after that I blame doll forums for all my other dolls!
      Ok, now I feel better passing the blame on to you guys....hahaha

I started out with a 'wish list' with 4 on DIM site, problem was the ones I really fell for were disappearing so it was the rush to find and buy. Impulsive purchases?? Yep, but only from the MP and after really thinking about it before I hit any buttons.
      Did I buy a doll I regret? Nope, they all found there places. My biggest problem turns out to be beds, I must have (for some strange reason) a bed for everyone so at this point I must STOP buying dolls....ok, so I said that before and my friends laugh at me cause I have 3 more coming in!
      I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!!

15. :sweatGuilteeeeeee....

I was much more guilty early on. Now I have too many projects sitting in front of me to spend that much time buying more but yeah. Most of the impulse buys have been the tiny-tinies and fortunately for me, it's been very easy to find homes for them. I don't know why I do that, because ultra-tinies and I just really don't do well together.

16. I'm only guilty of this on one occasion, and it barely counts because I intended to get it anyway. I'd planned to buy an Angelheim Ciel head at some point, but I happened to wander onto their site about a day after I ordered my MNF boy and they were having a great sale! I had clicked "buy" before I even realized what was happening :sweat Since then, though, I've vowed not to impulse buy anything, simply because I do NOT have the money for it. Plus, I'll probably really regret it if I buy anything I don't really need for the dolls...

17. It is hard not to impulse buy since there are so many items that are for a limited time or limited quantity. If you want them, you have to go for it or risk not having it ever. Not always as easy choice. Besides, other than food, there is actually very little that I shop for at all that I really NEED.

18. Like, I do this? But I always stop myself and research it first. Like, if I see a doll and I'm like ^_______> OH MAI GAH I'm like. Wait, be logical. What's he look like irl?
      I'm not too grabby about things though- I think I'm blessed in that actually. x3

19. Umm..Not really clothes because I normally make my doll's clothes, but just yesterday I was lollygagging on Ebay and I ran across Hujoo's and when I saw Berry it was love at first sight and I had the money and the Buy It Now button was RIGHT THERE!!! So now I am a "about to be" new owner of a Hujoo haha:sweat

20. My incoming PW Sky had half her wardrobe bought before I even ordered her...... and then some @ this point :sweat