1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Impulse Buying: The way of the bjd world X3

Sep 12, 2010

1. I decided to buy a rosewhite Iple Cocori head when I saw heads were for sale so I could switch heads on a gentle Cocori when I got her, saw heads were for sale, bought one.

I started a GO because Ashanti's check pants came back up on Iple.

And it's not just in the BID world that I impulse purchase, I've gone into Reptile Haven in Dublin to buy snake food in the past and bought a reptile (I pay for the animal and take him/her home at a later date when his/her enclosure has been set up)

If Iple Benny became available in YID size she'd be part of my collect for sure

2. oh yes, my first doll was actually just an impulse buy..and so my 2nd..it's the first time I saw the mold of my 1st doll (Fantasy Doll Nina), but since it's in a good price, won't need shipping and headaches from customs, and long wait for the mold to be finshed..I immediately bought her..and also my 2nd doll (Volks MSD LE Hewitt 2nd version). someone put him up on ebay (still in my country), in a very good price (a bargain price actually), and immediately contact the seller..I won't ever regret buying my dolls..:D

3. Me an impulse buyer? For sure, for sure! As stated before, I would have a lot more money in my pocket if I could stay away from the market place! But the draw is there and I just KNOW that I am missing a super deal when I go two or three days without looking, so I seldom do! One thing I do know for sure..... I am sure glad there is not any BJD accessories in the checkout isle at my local retail store!

4. I've picked out an outfit or two for the someday to buy doll, but I can't say I've actually bought something for a doll I don't have... though give it time, I'm sure I will someday!

5. My first impulse buy was the first plunge into the bjd world. I knew about bjds for several years but thought their prices were a bit crazy so I just oogle bjd pictures online. One random late night (I have lots of those late night shopping sprees) last year while browsing through ebay for doll stuff I found my Donguri (Cherishdoll Allie) in an auction with 5 minutes left to go. It was a now or never moment, have my very own bjd for $100 something then and there with domestic shipping or wait until who-knows-when to get one at a steeper price. I didn't care about the size or company just that I like her and that she was within my grasp. I tried to wake up my sister to get her opinion but she was dead asleep, so before I knew it I already hit the buy button with 3 secs to spare.:o

Other impulse buys were just wigs for our 2nd doll, went a little out of control there. I ended up with 3-4 wigs before our doll was even made or shipped. The downfall of the wig impulse buys was that 2 of them didn't even fit our MSD, even though they claimed to fit MSD. :dohSo I have 2 useless random wigs in storage, maybe I should sell them.

6. Have you seen a bjd(s) that took you completely by surprise where you buy him/her/them outfits even though you do not have them yet?
      Nope. I would buy them outfits only if I have ordered my BJD n__6

Have you seen a bjd outfit that took you by surprise so much that you just had to have it at that moment even though that outfit does not fit bjd(s) your currently own at all? And of course shoes even ones that might not or can fit your doll but there is no way your bjd would wear them?

I did bought a T-shirt for my BJD by impulse the other time. I have ordered my BJD which is a fullset but it does not come with shoes and I just have to look from other websites for the company does not sell any female shoes. So, I got the shoes and I browse around and saw a cute T-shirt and just bought it but after the payment and all...I realize that I should not buy the T-shirt for it's not the style that I need a T-shirt to mix and match with...So far I have not encounter shoes impulse buying yet n__n

Or are there other items that make you click the buy button without a second thought?!
      A necklace for my BJD and after I bought, I realize that "Hey! I could DIY it locally..." but that's consider acceptable since, it's not too expensive but of course more expensive compare to if I were to DIY it locally >_<

7. That's never happened to me, plus I doubt it would be likely. Unfortunately, I'm not capable of spending money on doll clothes whenever I could (I wish I could!) but I think I have done this for myself.

This happens with fabrics. I buy quilting fabric because it's a lot cheaper than going by the yard, and it's still enough fabric for BJD outfits. A lot of times, I'll notice a square of really pretty or interesting fabric - no having any idea what I'll do with it - but because it's cheap, and I like it, I'll buy it and find something to do with it later. I did this twice, and the first time, I made a new kimono, and the second time, I made a quick pair of shorts.

I will admit, I have seen cute clothes that are more of a punk style, and my doll isn't punk. I've never wanted them enough to buy anyway, but I have thought they were cute. I can see my incoming big guy wearing punk...sometimes, but not Emma. She's much more modern.

8. I'd probably have to say every doll I bought were impulse buys. All the clothes, all the wigs, all the full dolls, everything! Over this last year, though, I've completely changed that and I've only been doing 'planned' buys. So no more IMPULSE buying for me!

9. Just last month I bought a pair of red stripper heels. I had been eyeing them for a while, but they were the last pair and on sale so I jumped.
      Worst part is I don't even have a doll yet haha

10. I think all the doll stuff I've gotten including DC Bella herself has been rather impulsive >> Slightly planned but not 100% so.

11. My first two dolls were somewhat impulse buys. I hesitated for a bit but still took the dive purely based on enjoying the promo pictures. But all their clothes, wigs, shoes, etc were carefully calculated. After splurging on those two, I definitely took more care in purchasing dolls.

Though...yesterday, I couldn't help but to purchase a head after two hours of its release. I saw him and knew who he would be...so I don't think that's an impulse buy... I did think about it, no? (I'm totally fooling myself aren't I :sweat)

12. Though I had enough money for a rather long period of time to allow myself an impulse doll purchasing (up to Soom LEs), I'm not the impulsive person, in the slightest. I rethink purchasing a doll during several weeks, even months usually. I buy something only intentionally, after a focused search. There is another reason also: I do not want a crowd at home, the less - the better for me.

I may only buy fabrics, fittings and accessories in local shops in an instant, just because I know - they can be gone forever next time I'd visit that shop. So If I see something nice I'd better purchase it now.

13. im always impulse buying, i do also structure some of my buys but on the whole they are mostly impluse!

14. both my dolls are impulse buy..I don't even know their company and sculpt name..that time I only want to have a bjd, any sculpt would do, as long as it's in good condition..

15. I have to be very careful about impulse buying, because I am prone to it, and that can get me into trouble where dolls are concerned! I do try to wait a day (or a week) to make sure it's what I really want.

16. Sometimes, when I'm in a bad mood, I go on a shopping binge. Lately, over the past couple of weeks, I've bought:

2 pairs of Dollshe eyes
      1 Impl baby body
      2 SD17 outfits from the marketplace
      4 Rosenlied outfits, 2 from Rosenlied, 2 from the marketplace
      1 Yo wig from the marketplace
      2 pairs of custom eyes from Captured in Glass
      1 Yo outfit from the marketplace
      Soom Ario

And that's all I remember. OTL I'm sure there must be more, because I see so many shipping boxes around my room. QAQ B... but at least I'm feeling better now. And I have a ton of stuff to sell. OTL OTL OTL

17. Impulsive ! I remember the first doll that I bought, and how long my finger sat on the mouse waiting to click the pay-pal BUY button. I think I got hives. That was along time ago and I havent broke a sweat since then. I can push that Buy button so fast it can make your head spin. So can I be impulsive? Yes. I could open a store with the wigs alone.

18. Every so often I get caught up in the moment...kinda like a buying buzz...and have a couple days that I'll go crazy with impulse buys. Then I'm good for awhile waiting for everything to arrive. Then I feel guilty for getting all the stuff and that keeps my buying at bay for awhile. I'm kinda in that mode now...trying to avoid the MARKET PLACE!

19. Yes I actually Have Three Girl outfits and a pair of shoes on layaway right now that i fell in love with and i don't have any girl BJD's Yet because I'm waiting for the company to come out with a new one i just love there girl's that are limited and i only have Three boy Dolls on the way. there are also accessories or props im in love with and are gonna get them once i have the money for future doll idea i have that once i find the doll that fits it. :)

20. I've bought a doll 'impulsively' only once. And it was actually just a few days ago, but already I think it was a great idea.

I've had a character floating about in one of my 'dollyverses' for a while - a Cait sidhe called Christian who never really settled onto a doll model because he had to be of a certain scale to fit in with my Epidos. When Soom released their newest Idelian 51, I clicked 'buy' and then spent the next few minutes going "OHGODWHATHAVEIDONE?"

And then I thought about Christian, and it was kind of like fate - because the doll was in scale with my Epidos, and even though the aesthetics of the doll were quite different to my usual tastes (I like my boys willowy, and Idelians are quite muscly) it made more sense for Tian to be on a more muscly body from the point of view of his character. And he looked older than I had imagined, but that was okay as well, because Christian shouldn't really look like a teenager when he's a mature fae.

So basically, it was one of those moments where my common sense went "Hey, that makes more sense than my original character design!" And the new doll became Christian, and I can't picture him another way.