1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. I have my two dolls packed in a box in case of emergency at all times when I don't play with them .And just a week ago we had an accident with a fire in a chimney and guess what :aeyepop: I did take my dolls outside but only after dressing up my daughter and taking her outside first ( which mother wouldn't :love).But I'm not sure if I would have done it if dolls wheren't packed already and close to the door:|.I remember taking a painful look at my books as well but there would be no time for them unless I had half a day to pack them .All I could care about was my daughter and my husband,the thought of their safety kept me calm and stopped me from panicking.Although I really love my dolls I think it's a very dangerous thing to get attached to the material stuff too much :ablink: . Fortunately fire didn't spread to the rest of the house and we escaped just with scare and lots of smoke :abow:

What I took from this experience is that in case of emergency try to think only about one thing that matters the most and you'll be safe and OK :3nodding:

2. I always thought that I would grab at least one of my dolls in an emergency but when my state had an earthquake a few years back all I cared about in that moment was my mom (who was already at the door) and my dog who was right behind me. I can get a new doll if something were to happen.

3. Nope. All of my belongings are replaceable - my family and pets are not.

4. maybe in this situation i would be lucky, i have only one doll so it wouldnt be to hard to grab her and her things and go

5. If there was enough time to pack first before the emergency hit, and all I could bring with me was what I could fit into my small car.... I would save my absolute favorite dolls, but the rest would probably get left behind, unfortunately.

In an immediate emergency, I grab my purse, keys (and maybe my iPad) on the way to the door, and that's it.

6. A few weeks ago fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. I did have a small doll at my dorm, but all I did was to rush off to the outside with my phone and id. As much as it pained me, I thought I could always get a new doll. Fortunately, it was only a false alarm.

7. Having BEEN evacuated in the path of a firestorm, Yes I would grab at least the most precious few, but only after everything else. I have too many dolls and would end up sacrificing the least favorites for the few most vital I could grab, and I'd wrap the rest up as best I could and tuck them away so that damage might be minimal.
      ( I really need to make sure I have them properly documented and claused into my insurance, I really do.)
      I'd grab Pip, Stella, Kevya, Lir, Elinore, Rowena, and Copernica. And cry about having to probably lose the rest.

You learn about a dreadful arithmetic of necessity when you are grabbing your Most Important earthly goods and running for the car. Pets and their needs, Heirlooms, photo albums, computers and backups, inherited treasures and diplomas and marriage documents. Everything else is just so much.... Stuff.

When we evacuated I got a small duffle bag, which held my scriptures, a few books I would need for comfort and could not part with, my personal photo album, my journal, a small wooden music box with keepsakes of a lifetime in it, and my childhood stuffed doll and blanket. The rest of the space was clothes. When you need to abruptly decide what's really important and what isn't, you learn very suddenly what really is irreplaceable and what's not.

8. Well, if we're specifically talking about a situation where I've been notified in advance and have time, I would probably grab my dolls. I only have 2 and they're both small. Of course, family, pets and necessities are the first priorities, so it's all a matter of time. For example if there was a severe hurricane watch in the forecast, I would be able to get my dolls packed up with everything else and be ready to leave with them if the evacuation notice came. If it were something sudden where I had to get away as fast as possible, the dolls probably wouldn't come with me.

9. Where I live, the kind of natural disasters we have are tornados. So we don't really have time to pack anything up and go. It's all a matter of finding shelter and hoping for the best. However, if it ever came down to having to pack up a car and leave, I would definitely try to take my dolls. After grabbing the necessities (pets, important docs, computer, clothes) I would try to grab as many art supplies and projects as possible. That includes my dolls and crafting supplies.

10. yes!!!! my dolls are so important to me! i have one bjd, and like a hundred barbies. they are a huge part of my life now

11. we had a tornado watch this summer (the alert that tells you a tornado may form) i took all my boxes of dolls to the basement so that if it became a full blown warning i could just grab my family and go down. (we store a lot of food etc in the basement anyway so didn't have to plan for that)

12. Given the time to pack a car or two (or more; my whole family drives)? Yes.
      But like many other people have said Family and pets come first! Important docs and electronics second and dolls third. I luckily live in a pretty boring area weather wise though, so hopefully nothing will ever happen. My family does stock food and bags for emergencies already tho, so necessities are already covered meaning I'd have more time to snatch up sentimental things.

#192 Princesouffle, Jan 25, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    13. I don't really have much important stuff and most of my dolls are tiny, so if I had the time I would quickly shove everyone in a bag(after the more important stuff of course!).

If I didn't have time I would grab my first doll, a pukifee ante, in my hand and leave. The rest of my dolls I can replace.

14. I can positively say no on that. My dolls are important to me and all but I have more important living things to worry about. Four years ago we had to evacuate due to a tornado. Our apartment building has no place to go so we had to go to a public tornado shelter. We took our oldest, pet guinea pigs in a carrier, food, and bottled water. My husband and I always have our IDs in our pant pockets. I was pregnant at the time too, so it was pretty scary stuff. The tornado actually went through the town's main road, then turned and missed our apartments, but it did get a neighborhood full of families. There was parts of houses for months afterwards spread around the entire town pieces of siding, roofs, glass from windows, and forth really sad. My things were pretty much last on my mind in that shelter.

15. I live in a town where tornadoes, earthquakes, and train derailments are all a risk, so I've thought of this a lot, believe it or not. We've been very blessed to have none of the above, but I've still made my "battle plan," as I like to call it. Unfortunately the battle plan leaves very little time for dolls; we get a maximum of fifteen minutes lead time for a tornado, and no lead time at all for an earthquake, so I've forced myself to make priorities. My list is as follows:
      STEP 1, APPLICABLE TO EARTHQUAKE: Me first. No one in the house will make it out okay if I die, so I assess the situation for myself. If the threat presented is an earthquake, the only choice I have is to dive into the floor and pray we all make it out alright. If I've got enough time, I go to step two.
      STEP 2, APPLICABLE TO TORNADO: Pets. I've got two cats and a chinchilla, and all three have carriers that I have to get them in. One of my cats always puts up a fight, and this takes up a good chunk of the fifteen minutes I'd have ahead of a tornado. If I still have a little time, it's time for step three.
      STEP 3, APPLICABLE TO TORNADO: Purse. My medicine and my identifications are in there. In the event of a tornado, this is likely all I'll have time to grab and still have time to get to the bathroom. Pets and purse (and probably a blanket and a flashlight). So that leaves the train derailment to be addressed.
      STEP 4, APPLICABLE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT: Notify Mama and Grandma. My mother lives next door and is crippled, and my grandmother works down the street. I hop on the phone and let them know what's going on. This will also mean rounding up Mama's large group of rescue animals.
      STEP 5, APPLICABLE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT: Pack. Put together some clothes and toiletries, gather up any legal documents that I might need, gather animal feed, and probably some grub for myself if I have anything portable.
      STEP 6, APPLICABLE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT: Look around for any last-minute stuff. This will be where my dolls come in. If I've got enough room in the car, I take them. But due to the large number of pets I'll be transporting, dolls will likely be out of the question.

So in short, I'm making sure my family is squared away first. That includes humans and animals. Yeah, it'll suck to have to leave my dolls behind, but unlike my mother and my pets, the dolls are replaceable if if the worst happens. I pray that I'll never need my list, but it doesn't hurt to think ahead.

16. Well my doll isn't here yet, but if it ever comes to this I think I'll take everything or as much as I can. If I had time, I'd probably go though everything I have and decide what to take and what not to take. If I had limited time to decide then I'll probably grab my laptop, phone, ipad & two of my favourite dolls (one on each arm) works out right now cause I will only have two. If I end up having more... I think I might just have to grab as much as I can hold in my arms lol

17. Oh no...I never think about unfortunate emergency like this one. But I will first make sure that my daughter is safe, we do have a live-in nanny who is with her 24/7, so I think that makes me easier to focus on other important things to save. Until I'm sure they're fine then I will grab all my dolls with me.

18. For me it depends on the type of emergency. The common natural disasters in my area are wild fires and earthquakes. In a wild fire situation there's usually a lot of time to pack and make plans to evacuate. After securing animals, computers, important documents, and family photos, I'd take 1 or 2 favorite dolls if there's time and room in the car. For earthquakes, most in my area are so small that they're barely noticeable. In the event of a major earthquake my dolls would not be a priority at all. Ultimately, they're replaceable. Family and animals come first. :)

19. I think the only inanimate object I'd have to grab in an emergency is the plush bunny I've had since I was a baby everything else (even my sewing machine and my laptop) is replaceable.

20. I doubt I would take my dolls. I would grab my daughter and my chihuahua first. (Which I have done more than once living in an apartment before that had really bad cooks.) But while I am outside in a panic sitting in the distanrt car watching the smoke fly up, I have had thoughts of "I wonder if my figures/dolls are going to look like Owen and Beru."(Star wars thoughts...)