1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. It really just depends on the time. I would grab the pets first since they are most important. So If I had enough time.. yes I would grab my doll!

2. Of everything I own, the dolls are the most unique things and some are not replaceable easily. As such, given that I have no pets or children and only live with my significant other (who also has a vehicle), I think the things that I would grab after the essentials (important documents, identification, communication devices, non-perishable foods / water, basic clothing) would probably be my photography gear and my dolls. It may be too difficult to get them all so I'd prioritize the dolls that are limited and not easily replaceable.

I also think that having them would help me cope in the event that everything else was lost.

3. In emergencies, I tend not to panic so much, as long as time permits. I actually think those through when the emergency has happen. So yes; I will bring my doll/s if ever, no questions asked. As to how, my brain tends to think fast in this situation and it gets the best solutions right away. Probably if it sees a big bag, it will all just click and my body gets moving.

But of course, the important things comes first like papers and documents. Then I would just stuff them in one place and just leave everything else that I can replace like my own clothes or my doll's/dolls' clothes.

4. I would save my cats first but the dolls would be next on the list! That's one of the reasons I am glad I only have small dolls!

5. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I wouldn't just grab a doll because it's discontinued. I would try to grab at least four full dolls if I could, even if it meant they might break in my suitcase. And I would take the heads off the rest of my dolls and put them in random spots. You can always get new bodies for heads.

6. I only have one doll (or, I will have her soon) so it's not even a question for me! Bushfires are a very real possibility here in Australia, most of the country is alight during summer, so I plan to make sure I have her available to leave with me in case we have to get evacuated! Along with my partner, my two rats and all of our important documents, she would most certainly be leaving with me!

7. If there is enough time left after I have packed my pets, documents, clothes, food, laptop / devices, then I would get my dolls if I remembered that they were there. I have a bad habit of panicking during emergencies so I may just forget that they even exist until it's too late.

8. I worry about that, yes I would grab all that I could. I am sure that would be the first items I would go for.

9. My priority would be my child, my roomates, my cats then my dolls. Aside from living creatures, I do find my dolls my most dear possessions. I would only have room for my favorites. I am not concerned about the actual doll value or rarity of the sculpt. I'd be more concerned for the ones I have a bond with.
      When my car was packed (with all living things first) I would have clothing and food for my kid and cats, about 10 of my BJD"s and about 30 barbie dolls.

10. I've thought about this from time to time. What would I do if there was a fire in my house, how would I take all of my dolls? Well, I plan on getting a secure bag and having it close to my dolls so if there is ever an emergency and I need to leave fast I can just throw them in there and hope I get them all. You've got to be prepared!!

11. This is a very interesting question, especially because I am on both sides of this equation. As an emergency responder, if I saw someone dawdling in an emergency, I'd get pretty riled up about it, but knowing what these dolls are worth part of me would understand.

I'd still leave everything and run, though. Just be sure to take pictures and have homeowners insurance, or renters insurance to help any claims.

12. Due to the outbreak of wildfires and such hubby & I have discussed evacuation plans. Not that we have wildfires, but we do have train tracks near by and derailed trains are another concern. So if we had only an hour to get out we already have emergency clothes packed away in another building, but other then my dog, I would grab my Eddie. I wouldn't have time to pack all the other dolls. But insurance would cover them as to me they can be replaced in time. But Eddie is my #1 and he and his face plates have to be saved. Of course if house was on fire, Donn would be first artist I would contact that I need a Eddie asap.

13. Faced evacuating for a hurricane when I was in SC last year, so... Cats are first on the priority list, then some irreplaceable sentimental things (blankets crocheted by my great-grandma, my favorite calligraphy pen, my writing desk), then paperwork like passports, then dolls. If I could only pick one, it'd probably be Ren (who as an IH EID, is the biggest). He stayed on my bed at night when I went through rough times in the past; I wouldn't want to leave him.

14. if you had to leave your house with only one carload of things to take with you, would you take your dolls?

Yes, I've only got nine and most of them are tinies and they're pretty important to me so they'd definitely be coming!

if you have several would you take all of them or just the le or discontinued ones?

I'd probably take them all, they don't take up much room.

or would you think that there was too much other more important stuff to take and just leave them all behind?

In the grand scheme of things, my dolls are some of my most important/irreplaceable items, everything else could be replaced quite easily and cheaply if I wanted to, bjds aren't as cheap to replace and at least four of them are limited/hard to find so I might never be able to get them again if I lost them.

Obviously, my rats would be first priority in the case of an emergency, I'd have to get them into their carriers and packed into the car, after that I'd go back for my laptop and bjds.

15. Well I currently don't have a single doll yet. Ordering in April. However, as I would only have the one doll (for the time being) yes I probably would take her. My house does have a dog, budgie and a lizard so they would go in the car first then clothes and other essentials etc. but I probably would take my doll... They would one of the most expensive things I own and I am working hard to save up the money from work so ...yeah :')
      If I end up with more than a few dolls... I dunno what id do tbh D;

16. Assuming that I had the time, I absolutely would try to take my dolls. My hubby, my cat, vital documents, a few binders full of my artwork, my childhood teddy, and the dolls. Those are the priorities.

17. As much as I'd want to grab my dolls, I'd be too worried about rounding up the cat and my parent's three dogs. Though if I had time I'd grab a wig or two and a favorite doll

18. It would depend on multiple factors. If it's emergency as in leave in a few hours or emergency as in NOW would make a difference.
      I like my dolls and would be sad to lose them, but I have a cat and roommate who has a cat and dog, so all of them would have to be packed up with food and water first.
      If I had time to take non living and non essential things, I would first collect my grandmother's kokeshi dolls and some other antiques. BJDs would come after that.
      In the grand scheme of all my things, my dolls are high on the list, but there are a few things that come before them. They are also large abs heavy, so I could probably only take 2-4, 5 at most out of 16.

19. i'll just deal with it when the time comes which is i hope will never come >.<

20. I guess it would depend on how much time I had to pack. If I had enough time I'd definitely grab my dolls. If not it would be my son and my dogs. They are the most important things to me. Dolls can be replaced.