1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. Personally, I would stuff them into a duffel bag with a blanket and/or pillow so they're cushioned and you could fit other stuff in and around them too. That way its slightly easy to carry and if any parts come apart itll all be in one place.

2. I would take my kitty and my MDD. The rest can be replaced.

3. I would and have already taken my dolls during an emergency. The doll thing has actually never been an issue for me. Living in tornado alley my whole life has made me an expert in packing all of my important stuff in about .05 seconds. I've done it so many times that it's just second nature at this point maybe I should move....

I have a lock box that serves to basically hold all ALL of my important documents and irreplaceable/sentimental things (highly recommend this if you live in an area prone to natural disasters- you have no time to be searching for things like your passport), so that and my external hard drive/laptop always go first. My dolls are all on the small side, and to be honest, I'd only be concerned about the big ticket items anyway. It wouldn't be like the whole collection (which isn't that big to begin with) is coming along. Things like wigs, clothes, etc. are almost always smaller items that can be replaced, so I wouldn't really be concerned with the extras either.

I've always been able to hold everything on my person using my backpack for the lock box/dolls. It's more of a stuff and run thing than neatly placing everything in there thing, though.

I'm always concerned about emergency situations that happen while I'm not at my home, though. I think my next big purchase is going to be one of those larger sized Casoro safes.

4. Yes, I would take my dolls with me among other things and pets. I feel that the have their own and aura and soul and it would be a grave shame to leave them behind for disaster. The trouble comes when it one's life is in danger. If I had time to retrieve them after removing the living things, I would.

5. I was actually in this situation this past December, with the Thomas fire in California. My grandma and I had about 20 minutes to pack and leave, we were under mandatory evacuation for a week.

I'm pretty good at staying calm in emergencies, so I was able to pack pretty quickly. I took my medications, a change of clothes and underwear, some important documents, my laptop and dslr camera, phone and chargers for everything... we got the cat ready to go... and then I decided to grab my doll with just what she was wearing. I figured I could replace clothes and wigs and all that, but I really didn't want to leave her.

Fortunately, our home narrowly escaped being destroyed thanks to some firefighters who must've been there. The garbage can was burnt as well as all the nearby plants, but the structure was unharmed.

Looking back, I don't regret taking my doll. I'm just glad I didn't have multiple dolls to deal with.

6. I would sadly say I probably wouldn't have tie to get any dolls. I don;t have any yet, but my pets and hubby come first. I have a LOT of pets, even now when I have downsized a lot it would still take awhile to gather everyone, especially the fish. then there's all the important papers and keepsakes, I just don't know if I would have time...as much as it hurts to say.

7. I wouldn't think of taking any dolls in this situation unless 1) all of the people and pets evacuated the building already, 2) I wouldn't be risking my life taking it and 3) the doll was expensive enough or rare that I could sell it to buy necessities for my surviving family OR 4) the doll had a huge sentimental value to me which at the moment it does not.

8. If I had to bug out, I have a number of priorities before my bjds. If I had the chance, I'd grab my Unoa. If I had even more warning, I also have a huge piece of white fleece to roll all my big bjds in (like a sushi roll) to cushion them for an evacuation.
      Hopefully, though, no one would endanger their lives for stuff.

9. I hate to even think about it, but if I had time to pack up my car my dolls would come, I’ve only got the three at the moment and they don’t take that much space. My car is surprisingly space efficient and I just need to worry about me and my stuff since my bf has his own car and my mom and her bf each have their own cars and a trailer.
      I can probably fit essential clothes, bedding, my dolls and their stuff, then my computers, some craft supplies and then any other essentials.
      If I had a trailer I’d add in my less important books, additional clothing, any other craft supplies and then open the space up for what other people want to pack.

If I didn’t have space or time to grab more than a couple things I might still grab my dolls if they’re in their bags, which they tend to be atm since I dont have a current display place.
      This is up there with some of my worst nightmares so I hope it’s not something that ever has to come to pass. ^^

10. I have a large go-bag set aside for my dolls that I can stuff them ALL into at high speed. There are only two disasters that can strike here with short warnings (tsunamis and... ballistic missiles, or all things, which are a shelter-in-place thing) so it's not likely I'll ever need it, but it's nice to have.

11. My dolls and my HDD. That's all I need. (Okay not all I need, but things that would be the hardest to replace for me.)

12. Ill take all of them!! Hahahah if it cant fit in the car, ill hold onto them tight and strap myself on to the roof of the car!!! XD

13. I have other obligations to pets and family members so prolly not,but I would take the time to hide all my dolls and other treasures in a safe place so they wouldn't be stolen and hope to return another time to collect them.

14. Well I'm not sure. They're too heavy. Besides I would be more worried about all the documents and my dog.

15. In a fast evacuation? No, I have one kid, eventually two, to grab. So, no doll for me. An evacuation where I am able to pack? Possibly!

16. @amarantinenoir Maybe congratulations are in order?! One way or another, best wishes for your future!:3nodding:

17. No, I would not be thinking about my doll.

18. yes I would, definitely, without compromising the important stuffs (important documents and laptop) ;; v ;;

19. I would definitely get as many into the car as I could! I don't think I could bear to leave them behind!