1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. Define emergency. Pre-planned evacuation? I'd probably toss a doll into my overnight bag if I had the room. I have no pets and don't own much. My laptop, medication & paperwork box would be my top priority though.

Now I sure as s* wouldn't run into a burning building for a doll. That's why I have insurance, lol

2. When you are in danger, you can’t think of things to take. :eek:
      I survived an earthquake. I had no dolls when this happened. If I had to lose the dolls, I would be very sad, but alive.

3. I love my dolls a lot, but I wouldn't take them with me... I'd think of my pets and family.

4. I really only have wildfires to worry about. And being surrounded by a forest of primarily wild pine I doubt I would have any warning. So in a case like that I would likely only have enough time to worry about my dogs and only select cats that will let me handle them quickly.
      In the event of a planned evacuation, I would likely stuff them into a backpack or something. I would just feel too guilty to take just certain ones and intentionally leave some behind. Likewise, I would feel like crap to leave my fishes behind...

5. I unfortunately wouldn't be able to. I live in a highly seismic country and. because of my location, a zone at a high risk of tsunamis, the kind of large scale natural disaster you have no warning or very little time to react to afterward. During past seism instances, I've only had time to go for my dog pet and go for a secure place or directly evacuate, my mind usually a blank regarding all other things apart from the rest of my family. Likewise, if a tsunami threat is imminent, because of our proximity to the sea and our living in a high risk zone we won't have time for anything else other than evacuate to a secure place.

6. I live with 2 cats now (one is mine and one is my roommate’s), so I would hurry up and shove two cats into their pet carrier bags. I have food box, water mostly packed under my desk so if I think if I remember, I would bring one msd and one azone doll I have. Most of other stuff can be replaced, so I think I will just grab those two.

7. I hate to even think about being put into that situation but I would make sure that family and pets would make it out before I would take the dollies.

8. I've never really thought about it, but yes. I only have one doll right now; therefore, he would not take up much space. In addition, there are multiple cars in the family. But if it had to pick between the doll and my dog, I would probably take my dog and other essentials first.

9. I think I will choose my pet and my family first, for doll if you have money you can buy it new, but for pet and family you can't buy them with money.

10. I'd grab my cats first, in their carriers. I think dolls, sadly, would be left behind because it would take both my arms and all my strength to carry my two cats in their carriers. If I had a bit more time though it would be hard to decide besides my Vandalin what dolls are more important and harder to replace. My Tonner Ellowyne Wilde and Patience dolls for sure would go. But I'd have to leave a lot behind still and there's a lot of collectible toys that I would hurt to have to leave behind.

11. i always think about this. i would probably take my dolls i don’t have that many of them but i also need to take my cats hehe

12. It depends on the space that I have. If I have a lot of space, I'd probably take all of them, if not, then I'd probably just take the most important ones to me.

13. Most likely my pets, important paper, and digital back up files. If I have time, I may take the head only to save space for my limited doll.

14. I'd be more concerned about my cats than anything else, but would really be depressed losing my collection.

15. Yes! I'd definitely take my doll with me.
      As weird as it sounds, I really bonded with my doll and it'd be hard for me to leave him.
      Even if I replaced him, I still would miss the ''original''

16. I would most likely take my dolls my cats and my computers ... my husband would have to hopefully find his own way into the car. most important documentation has either been scanned into my laptop or it's at my mother in law's place. So lastly probably some clothes.

17. Oh sure! Two cats and a doll! Fortunately, I have only one doll, so I will have time to take many more important things.

18. Yup. I don't think I could leave my dolls behind, they mean too much to me. I'd be sure to get my cat first, then my dolls, but I wouldn't leave them. I'll juggle them all if I have to.

19. Thank you for a very good topic and discussion. We live in a high fire danger area, and last summer's fires were massive, but unusual in that there actually was a certain amount of warning this time for some of us. The county, Red Cross, etc. have lists of things to have packed up and ready when the warnings begin (medicines, legal documents, etc). And as others have said, a person's first thoughts are for their loved ones and darling pets. However, the more irreplaceable things you can manage to take with you, the better if you have time and room. I will attempt to have my dear little bid's together as fire season approaches this year. I would not want to lose them, and luckily they are small.

One other thing, though. I have many other dolls that preceded my bid's. I couldn't possibly bring them all, and don't really play with them now. So I hope to sell them into safer homes soon, before fires and landslides threaten yet again. I loved them once, very much, and have feelings for them still, and happy memories associated with them and doll friends and sisters, but I would rather sell them than have them burn.

20. I have too many pets (18 cats, 4 dogs, 4 birds, 2 tortoises and 2 bunnies), so I probably wouldnt because it would take me forever to get my pets T_T I have anxiety so I do worry often about emergencies situations (I'm specially pyrophobic so I even had nightmares about my pets burning alive), though nothing never even got close to happening and I live in a very safe house (there isnt a lot of natural disasters here)... If I live alone though (as I want to when studying in another country) I would only keep one pet - because though I love them, I am not good taking care of them -, so I would take my tiny doll in emergencies with me at least. Again, I have anxiety, so I probably would keep it together with my ready to go itens.
      I'm kind shocked with how many of you are in areas with risk of wildfires, as pyrophobic it gets me nervous just thinking about it. Please everyone, keep safe!