1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. Assuming my family, pets, important papers, laptop, and essentials (ie clothes, toiletries) were safe, my dolls would be on the list of sentimental items to save. I only have two dolls, an MSD and a tiny, so they don't take a terrible amount of space. The other thing I would want to save if I could would be part of my crystal collection.

2. Yes! I'd definitely take my doll with me,It's kind off fun thu

3. While my boys are 70+ cm dolls, I would still take them. Granted, my dogs come first before anything else. But assuming I had a 12 hour notice, yes.

4. well... in a no time to think type of situation, i'd probably grab my cat & laptop first... but, if i have a chance to go back in... then i'll get the doll. xDDD

5. I don't have much important things to keep, so I will bring my doll, since I only have one. And depend on the situation, I might not take my doll's item with me.

6. Sadly I doubt it would even occur to me to round them up and pack them in an emergency. I would prioritize helping my husband get our dogs, important documents, medications(I have a serious illness), necessities to survive and irreplaceable family mementos(if I had time/space). Not that I don’t value my dolls but they’re replaceable to me which I know sounds harsh to some but it’s a hobby for me.

7. Once my pets are all secure, I'd take my dolls and computer.

8. In an emergency, even one where we had time to pack, my priorities would be my family and my pets. Only after those were secured would I pack extra items like my dolls (I only have a few right now so it wouldn't take much time or space) and some clothes. My dolls are special to me and expensive, but not the most important things in my life if I'm thinking realistically.

9. Maybe, I have a ton of other collectibles I might have to grab first. But the dolls wouldn't be my last thought.

10. I don't have any dolls yet but for sure, they'd be packed after I packed all my other essentials first.
      Doesn't matter if I have a trailer to pack or just a car. I'd have to load my essentials first and then anything LE, discontinued, or worth good value after.

I had an experience with emergency evacuation and since it was the first time experiencing it, I packed what I considered essentials and when I realized there was more space to pack stuff in the car, I went back and grabbed all the other items I deemed LE that had to be saved. The car was packed full, I laughed in amusement at some of the items I packed, but no regrets over what I wanted to save. (made me realize how much stuff I also had that I could part with in an emergency but that I don't want to lose if I could've saved it all - but this is a whole different thought that is related but unrelated)

11. With hurricane season approaching, I've given a great deal of thought to what I will take during an evacuation. The cats & dog come first, but my son has a large van that will hold a great deal, so we won't be too packed to take only the essentials. After the animals, and obvious clothes, laptop etc, my sewing machine & serger are worth more than what I paid for all of my dolls, so they would be the next priority. I doubt that there would not be room for all of my dolls, but even if things were crowded, I am sure I would find room for even 1 or 2 of the larger ones, and there is absolutely no reason not take a pukifee along, no matter how little room you have. I think of a pukifee is an essential in maintaining a good attitude about things. :)

12. Since my MSD boys are in carrying cases and my lone 1/6 doll is small enough to comfortably fit in my backpack, I'd grab them easily on my way out the door for whatever the emergency was. When I get too many dolls to carry......They may be doomed, or just have to hope I'm lucky :lol:

13. I can say "yes" with certainty as this has already happened to me.

A few years back, a hurricane ripped the roof off my apartment. All tenants in my complex were evacuated almost immediately. Fortunately, I had already packed the dolls up for safekeeping before the hurricane struck just in case the worst happened! The scariest part of it all was getting my cats in carriers so they could come too. The dolls were easy as I knew exactly where they were and they were already prepped for transport. Always have a plan if you live in a state where these kind of natural disasters happen frequently!

14. I only have one doll to worry about right now, but of course I would take the most important things first, such as family and pets. If I knew all others were safe and had time I would for sure take my doll with me, because losing him would be devastating to me as that is pretty much part of me now. But as often as I think about something bad happening, I already know where everything is that I need in order to get him out safely and not drag along.

15. Yes, as in my place they have a big value, selling them could help me survive without a home for some time. I don't need any of my things really, except my laptop and dolls, the most valuable things possible to rescue from the third floor :)

16. I think about this very often and was surprised to see it as a thread!
      I am not a very active person so I would probably only grab human essential needs and important documents and leave.
      But I always think that, after surviving the incident I would probably regret it, so much. I would constantly think about them, how 'if I could only' this and that..
      But it's only a shower thought and I hope no one has to experience this in reality.

17. I don't think I would take my dolls in an emergency situation, because they are quite difficult to carry and are replaceable. I'd probably grab my laptop first, then old items with sentimental value and souvenirs. Of course if I had enough time and space, I'd end up packing the dolls as well since they are still precious to me, but they wouldn't be my priority. Their sculpts are not that hard to find. Maybe if I owned a very rare or discontinued doll, I'd reconsider my position though.

18. I don't have many dolls yet, so I would take them for sure. I have a desktop PC instead of a laptop so carrying that isn't really an option. I'd probably also take anything I can that has emotional value to me and isn't replacable, like photographs that I haven't saved digitally, heirlooms etc.

19. Hell yah I would lol, they're the most expensive things I have. (desktop computer is glass case so it's too heavy)

20. I recently had to move and what was supposed to be done in multiple trips I was told to bring anything you definitely for sure want with you in this trip. My dolls were in that shortlist and stayed on my lap the entire car trip (in their carrier). Their furniture, however, did not make that short list and I am looking at some time before I will be getting them.