1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. Given enough time, I'd likely grab Niall, but if it's an immediate emergency it's me, my family, and my pup. It'd be hard to justify bringing my dolls with me in such a situation, though. There's already going to be so much to worry about...but at the same time I know I'd be crushed to lose them, especially Niall.

Tough situations call for tough decisions!

2. I've actually had dreams where I know some sort of disaster is coming and I'm trying to pack up as much of my doll stuff as I can before I evacuate. That said, I would only take them after I know the other people in the house and our dog are safe and I've already gathered the essentials.

3. No

edit: We had a fire in an apartment in the same building as I live this winter. It was in the middle of the night while I was asleep, and I had to rush out.
      I did not give my dolls one thought.
      I got dressed quick, grabbed my phone(not important though) and my very first plush dog that I got as a newborn.

#343 bunnylungs, May 21, 2018
      Last edited: May 21, 2018
    4. I wanna say yes, that I would at least grab Kio. However in the reality of the situation I'd probably grab my cats, my baby, and my husband. Things are replaceable, lives are not.

5. I've actually had to evacuate my house due to a fire before, and I've lived through multiple floods/hurricanes, so I can say from experience that I would absolutely try to bring my dolls with me.

6. I actually had to (sort of) do this for Hurricane Irma pretty recently. Since we knew it was coming, I had some time to pack and figure out what I thought was necessary and what wasn't, and in the end I did pack a few dolls for comfort. In the event of another hurricane, or some other disaster where you have a bit of warning, I'd definitely take mine!

But I think in the event of something sudden, like a fire, they might cross my mind but my first concerns would be my pets and myself.

7. Oh god yes. After all the money and time ive spent on them I most likely would grab them and go. I only have 3 full dolls (2 SD and 1 MSD) so that wouldn't be a lot of space taken up. Everything else would consist of some clothes and my dog!

8. Yes I would. I would not be as careful with them however. I don’t think I’d be good at picking up and running unless it were some sort of apocalypse situation which would mean the world was kinda going down and dolls would be less concerning but in general, I would hate to lose all that money on them so I guess I’d have to go fast and pack my laptop as well as my dolls. If I had enough time grab the clothes for them I would do that too. Everything else is pretty easy to replace besides my own clothes and I would have to grab my dog but she comes on her own so luckily I don’t have to carry a German shepherd lol.

9. I was actually talking to my sister in law I live with about this in the context of tornadoes (we get at least one "serious" tornado warning per year and have had a couple touchdowns). I did not pay laptop price for these dolls to treat them like a book I can order off Amazon. Heather and anyone limited or discontinued goes into the basement with me. In the grand scheme of things they don't take up much room (my basement is one of those unfinished concrete behemoths), and they'd calm me down.

10. If it is a life or death situation and I'm with my family, I would take my nephew and mom with me to safety. I wouldn't care about anything else. My loved ones and pets are priority .Even if it just myself ,I don't think I would think of my dolls. I would only take my dolls if it's something we can know in advance like evacuation so I would prepare important stuff but if it's something sudden like a fire or earthquake ,the dolls wouldn't even come to my mind.

11. If I had a day or two to pack (like in a forecast major weather situation), I'd quite possibly bring my dolls. At the very least, I'd take my childhood best friend (rag doll).

But if it were an immediate, emergency evacuation, absolutely not. At that point, I'm hauling cats and a cell phone. If I get an extra 30 seconds, I'd grab a photo album.

12. Probably not. In the event of a planned evacuation a day ahead, maybe. But I'd be more worried about my cats in the event of a sudden evacuation.

13. Id rather think of some basic clothes and shoes and my laptop if that was a super serious situation requiring fast action

14. If disaster were to strike my mind would not be on grabbing my doll.

15. this is such a tough question because it is so hard to know how you will react in an emergency situation unless you have already lived through it. in my mind the priority would be pets, wallet, important papers/passports, then prized possesions (dolls included)

i have never been through a full home evacuation, but i did have to evacuate to a shelter when i was at work, and in the panic to grab essentials like phone, wallet, and keys, i totally shoved my little custom obitsu11 into my bag as well.

16. While I cannot guarantee how I would react in an emergency, my gut feeling is 'yes' I would try to grab a few dolls. Its not like I would sit there and try to find all their boxes or grab every doll I own, but I would probably definitely open my suitcase (easy access in my closet) and pack at least 3 in-between clothes and other essentials. They are such a huge part of my life and I have a few that I would never be able to get again if they were lost so they would probably be a priority in my mind.

17. First off, I hope you stay safe! As for my dolls, I don’t think they’d be high on my list of priorities. I’d be more concerned about moving my cats and other valuables into the car, but I’d try to take the dolls, too. Though I might disassemble them and put their pieces in one box to try and save space.

18. The *insurance agent* part of my brain is screaming "get insurance on your doll collection!!!!!!!!!" but the *normal* part of my brain is saying "grab the dolls those faceups are TOO UNIQUE YOU WAITING TOO LONG FOR THEM"

19. I really need insurance on these dolls. Is it hard to get? As for the question, it depends on the situation. Fires may give you only minutes to get out, and even with everyone crammed in one suitcase right now, I don't think I could get them out in the time some people were saying they had to run. I would probably grab my phone, maybe my laptop if it was at hand and vamoose. Thankfully the biggest natural disaster here is hurricanes and those are predicted days in advance, so I would have ample time to get them to safety.

20. First husband, then the papers he must do, then medicines, then some dolls. The meds are life saving, the papers are necessary, and some dolls cannot be replaced. Our children are grown, we have no pets, and we drive two vehicles.

I am impressed with the idea of a bug out bag. Thanks, Scarele.