1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. Yes would take all 3 of them. They are too expensive not to consider.

2. If a sudden disaster struck with no advance warning, I can guarantee I would be way too focused on making sure my husband was with me and our two bulldogs were out of harm's way to even remember that I own dolls. I would be very sad later on when I thought of them and realized they were gone, especially since a good handful of mine aren't available anymore and would be difficult to impossible to replace. But I know that I'd never stop to try and grab them on the way out in an emergency with my hands already full of (presumably terrified) living animals that I love just as much as human family members.

3. I wouldn't be able to take them all. I'd probably try to take my favourite ones but id need to make sure my husband and cats were safe first and see what I could fit on my wheelchair.

4. Not at all! I can only really speak for the company I work for (but i'm 98% sure all companies offer the same basic type of insurance) but you could definitely look into a "personal articles policy" which would cover the whole collection! All we ever require are bill of sale of each one (unless the doll is worth like, $1000usd? then we require appraisals)
      Well I won't get into insurance too much I could go on all day :sweat definitely ask your current insurance provider for more info!!!

5. Not unless my cats and any people staying were out first. If they were and I had time I would try and take at least one but at the end of the day it’s lives that matter, human or animal.

6. Depends on how much time I had. The first priority would be to get myself and my laptop out of harm's way, since I haven't managed to get kittens yet. Even after I get kittens, I would definitely spend as much time as possible loading my car with doll boxes after containing the four legged ones, but some disasters don't leave time to do more than shove the pets in a carrier and run.

7. If I would get a single doll I'll take them
      If I have more, that will be harder

8. Of course no! I'll take my cat in top priority. And after that I'll have her in my hands, so no place for even a single doll.

9. First would be myself and my husband, plus baby on the way, fire box, then definitely bjds if I have time to stuff my car with supplies I need and room for them. They’re definitely my most expensive possessions.

10. the animals would be first, but I would definitely take my dollies! they're all tiny enough to not take up too much room anyway.

11. I have had to evacuate for hurricanes twice since I moved to my current location. Both times I had enough time to pack away my doll (18”, American Girl dolls) stuff as securely and high as I could and I took my favorite doll and a few favorite clothes pieces with me. Of course I was concerned if our house flooded or the roof caved in due to falling trees and I was a bit sad about the potential loss of my dolls but, in the end, they are just things and I did my best to keep them safe. I had my car packed in advance and only had our overnight bags and the pets, and ourselves lol, to pack into the car the day we left.

In a last minute emergency I would probably only be worried about people and pet lives over any stuff we had, though if I was able to run by and snatch up a doll I might. They are too expensive to not give a small thought towards if there is an opportunity.

12. Number 1 would be my cats. Them my boys. After that as much as could get in car. Just hope it never happen.

13. We usually have plenty of warning when it comes to emergency evacuation because the only thing we really deal with are hurricanes. Given the amount of time they usually give I likely could pack maybe two dolls into our car. My cats and significant other are much more the priority over them, however. I'd probably also grab all the easily moved family heirlooms before getting the dolls too.

14. This is a very difficult problem, I think I will care about the family first, family is very important to me, I will think about the family first, but if I have time, I will go out with the doll, everything depends on whether I have time or not.

15. I had a scare near my home a few years ago a manhole exploded and my mom called me back home to help her with evacuation (fire dept let us in if we had family or pets to move inside still) our power lines are underground so its was a maybe it will may e it won't situation. I took my one doll and cats at the time. My mom and brother would just need clothes.
      Our documents are in a heavy duty book bag at arms reach incase emergency whitch I would toss by the door. I have two cat bags one for each cat I get one and my brother gets the other. I have 4 SD's and 2 MSD's. I have a Zuka skate bag the ice skates are easy to replace so I would ditch those if time was short I would just pop the heads off and the S hook and destring them all to fit it's a rolling bag so I can toss a large tote of my clothes and my doll clothes into and head out the door. My things are so close and organized its literally pick up and dump in a duffel. Once my cats are secure dolls are definitely not being left behind. I live in NYC anything can happen here so I've thought and planned a evacuation method to save my dolls family agrees with me too.

16. My husband once asked me this question and I would rather get our family (including pets!) out of harm's way than worry about materialistic stuff. Things can ultimately be replaced, and the lives of my family will always be a priority over my dolls.

17. I really love my doll and I think it is precious. But I will certainly give up the doll in an emergency. Because my family and my cat are more important to me than dolls, I will try to protect them more than dolls.

18. I Hope this never happens Mabey? I (if possible) would try to take some of my art
      and then my BJD

19. Probably not, because I’d be walking to work (I’m an emergency responder).

20. In theory i'd say yes, but if you asked me about any of my belongings I'd say the same. Definitely pets and family come first, I'd put myself in harms way to make sure my pets come with me. Most important items would probably be my external hard drive that has all the backups of my photos, pictures of pets and people that have passed away. You can't replace stuff like that and i'd be most heartbroken losing those photos.

If we were talking about like a day's notice or so then I'd definitely make a priority of packing them up... they are worth too much money. DX