1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

in an emergency evacuation would you take your dolls?

May 5, 2016

1. My priority would be my dog, but if I had advance warning I'd pack a few "treasures." I'm still saving up for a bjd but I like to hope I could carry it with me.

2. I can't imagine being in that scenario, and I don't know what I would end up grabbing in an evacuation situation, but I would certainly want to. I have SDs, so in a crisis I may only be able to grab one, if any. I would definitely take any faceup damage to be able to grab more than one, like if I had to stuff them in a bag before running out the door. Faceups are replicable, and currently none of them are limited faceups so I could send heads back to the companies to redo them. Even my limited head that's incoming should be able to be redone by the company, I've read their "re-faceup" policies. I feel like I'd grab my first doll, and my tan Feeple60. My first for the sentimental value, my Feeple for her being hard to get back in tan again.

3. After I make sure my cat is safe, of course, yes I'd try to save the dolls. They are really important to me, so I'd try to shove as many as I could carry in my bag and make a run for it. Faceups can be replaced and possible scratches or even broken fingers fixed...

4. I guess? Depends what sort of emergency it is and how much time and space I have. They're valuable, yes, but they're bulky to carry, they won't be of any use to me if I'm on the run (as opposed to say: my passport/checkbook/wallet, my laptop/charger, my phone, basic survival and communications and identification stuff). And I have no moral obligation to them, as I do my cat.

And to be honest while I love dolls there isn't any kind of deep emotional bond there. It's my hobby, it's not my life.

First non-useful item I'm grabbing will be the little stuffed animals my grandma gave me. Those are not much to look at, frankly kind of ugly, but irreplaceable.

5. of course o_o family and pets come first, and maybe important docs like my passport, but dolls are both an emotional and financial investment for me - something I would REALLY hate to lose. I would probably take them before my computer tbh.

6. That would be a really hard decision, and it's one relevant to me since I live in California and in the summer the whole state catches on fire. If I had time to pack, I'd probably take my first bjd Emily since she was a gift from my best friend, and probably Cheonsa since she's my grail. If I didn't have time, and I just had to go, purse, phone, meds, cats, laptop. Year before last it was raining ash at my apartment, but luckily the fires never got close enough for us to need to evacuate. Where I live now, the canyon we live above was actually on fire and this complex was evacuated. The good thing about that is that if a fire spreads the same way next time, there's nothing to burn.

7. So sad knowing what's happening up in Fort Mac especially when we all know a family up there... I feel like I would pack up my animals first then important things I couldn't replace ever again.. Like jewelry from my Grampy who passed away but I mean if I was given a day notice I'm sure i would have my dolls packed ! As well as my Polly pockets hehe no clothes packed for me just dolls! And cats and dogs!!!
      Hope everyone is safe and sheltered up there sending some love from the east coast of Canada! We are all donating in my city doing 50/50 draws and having bottle drop offs in order to get money for the Red Cross!

8. With tornado weather being a bit more common here. My husband and I always have a tornado shelter prepped in our basement. He's experianced them where as I haven't. When warnings go off, the drill is to first try to grab our 8 budgie birds. Even if it means nesting some of the birbs in our shirts, we have to get them downstairs with us. If there is time, I tend to go for my dolls too (if they're already pre-packed in their suitcase bag). Rarely have them on display anyways. Otherwise if theres too much to get, I love my dolls, but they're never worth losing anyone's life over.

#68 Advntr.gal, May 9, 2016
      Last edited: May 9, 2016
    9. I would probably not. I do have a "grail", which is delf chiwoo, but I don't think I will have the peace of mind to do it.

10. I'm going to say no.

My dolls are important to me, but they're just objects and they're not necessities by any stretch of the imagination. I can think of a lot more vital things than resin that I would put in a bag for an emergency evacuation. My first priority would be to make sure Grace was safe, and then I would pack my wallet, clothes and medication before any other items. If I had room, I'd pack a hairbrush and a facecloth and towel before I'd ever pack non-essentials like dolls. When you're getting out in order to save your life, toys/art would be the last thing on my mind.

11. if you had to leave your house with only one carload of things to take with you, would you take your dolls?

Since I don't have pets or kids, of course I would take my dolls. (and things like important documents, money and medication can fit in one small bag so it is that small bag and my dolls that I would take with me in case of an emergency like this)

if you have several would you take all of them or just the le or discontinued ones?

Oh boy, I do have several dolls and not only BJDs but they can all fit in my car or I would find a way to make them fit lol

or would you think that there was too much other more important stuff to take and just leave them all behind?

Besides my dolls, I consider my books important but I would leave them behind because 1. I read them already lol and 2. my dolls are always more important than any other inanimate object.

would it make a difference if you had room/time to pack a trailer as well?

No, I would always take my dolls with me. They are like my family, leaving them behind would be like leaving my family.

They only thing that would make a difference is if I had pets and/or kids. The living ones and their things to keep them safe and warm would be my top priorities no matter what.

12. For sure. I would easily be able to grab my computer, bag and at least my doll Hitomi in under 2 minutes. I guess there is a small benefit to having a small studio apartment!

13. We actually had this discussion at my house. After the usual passport/money/undies/pills are packed it would depend on how much time and if I would be driving my own car or all piling into one. My priority would be my SD16 Sunlight Pearl-who would be hard to replace-and my 6 MSD who would be easy to pack. Anyone else I grab after that would be more as insurance to sell if everything did burn down. And as long as I grab my hard drive-which would be my TOP priority before even money-I would have pictures of the most important ones and fond memories.

14. On two separate occasions (fire and tornadoes with flooding, ironically enough) I've packed my dolls up in case things escalated to the point I would need to evacuate. I have a lot of dolls, but have been able to fit multiple dolls in carriers and suitcases. My car already has blankets and clothes in case of emergencies, but I found my doll collection isn't so bad. The only problem is finding room for their clothing and accessories, which I do usually leave behind if I can't fit it all. My dolls ended up having to stay with a friend who lived on higher ground until flooding receded. Clothing is great for wrapping delicate parts like hands in and if they have a default faceup or one I had commissioned, those extra face shields come in handy.

Time is a factor, for sure. If you have enough space and are short on time, grab blankets and roll the dolls up in them and bundle them up in your trunk or whatever. You need the most amount of your time to devote to rounding up living things (family, pets) in an evacuation. Fingers and faceups can be replaced in most cases, despite being almost impossible to replicate. Lives can't.

15. Heck yes hahaha!!!!!! Especially if my doll was expensive !

16. It depends how long i had to pack and how much i could take with me. In an emergency where i had to leave right away, i would save my pets before anything else. If i had longer to pack some things i would likely take a bag full of clothes for myself, and a bag full of things that mean a lot to me, dolls, jewellery etc.

17. I'll weigh in here because I've been in a similar situation. No emergency evacuation! But I had to leave my home behind to travel to this country. A backpack was pretty much all I had for my personal belongings that weren't clothes or documents. And I took several toys with me. They all had emotional value. A teddy bear, a baby doll, a mini tea set, and my Sindy doll. I left everything else because I couldn't fit it under the seat on the plane.

These days, I own a home, two cats, a husband... Those would go into the car first, along with some food supplies, water, medicine, important documents, jewellery, cash, clothes...

Then my custom dolls and my Pullip Tiphona.

I SHOULD bring the valuable pullips because I could sell them! Then I could have money to start over again.

18. yes... my pet first (2 dogs) and then dolls since they live inside a box... so its easy to carry em... and maybe put some clothes inside the box too so that way, i can carry more clothes with me

19. I've seen about the wildfires and evacuations in the news and it's just horrible. I heard that airplanes were allowing pets to fly and that made me smile.

I really should make a list in case we ever have to evacuate (such as for a hurricane).

People (me, husband, 2 daughters--son lives with his girlfriend)
      Pets (5 cats, 2 small dogs, 2 flying squirrels)
      Medications
      Identification and important papers
      Photos
      Electronic devices
      Food, water, supplies, including clothes

If we had a few hours warning I could probably fit all my bjds and their certificates into a medium sized box because they are all mini or smaller.

In a sudden emergency it would just be people and animals, and I hope I'd be able to get all the pets out.

20. I used to think about this a lot... I mean, fires can happen anywhere, and some areas are prone to disasters--like tornados and hurricanes and floods and earthquakes, so it's something to think about if you are in some of those areas.

Dolls are some of the more expensive items I own, so I definitely thought of taking them. Why not.

NOW, I have a bit of a problem. I have a LOT of dolls and a LOT of expensive items to go with them! It would be hard to take them all. But if I had time, I would. I can replace my tv and clothes, but the dolls would nearly be impossible to replace! My laptop would be number one on my list, though. And I should think about stuff like photos and important papers and keep them in a place so that if I had to evacuate, I'd have them ready. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not that organized!!!

I'm in So. California and news recently reported that the San Andreas fault could go at any time. I really should be more prepared than I am for an emergency! Many years ago I could see wildfires from my home and I got my photo albums down near the door just in case... but that was pre-dolls, and I haven't done anything since to organize and plan. Bad me! :shudder