1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

In love with a discontinued sculpt

Jan 26, 2017

1. For me it's Unidoll Ark. I saw one for sale when I was new to the hobby, but it was too expensive for me at the time, and I've always regretted not getting him.

2. I got pretty lucky in that I could find DC Carol on DDE in the past events section, otherwise it'd be a lot harder to find her. I also tend to like limited and more expensive sculpts too it seems. I'm pretty picky though so I haven't wanted too many dolls that are discontinued yet.

3. (Fairylands) Mandarak Moore's Lunnula and Sionna. Such beautiful sculpts and themes too :...(

4. @thisiswinteramethyst this is me oh my gosh! I've just realised that Sionna would be perfect for a character doll I'm making and I literally miss out on a second hand sale of her by a matter of hours - it's the worst!

5. I had that problem with my Soom Marl. And she wasn't as popular as her male counterpart. Made it really hard to find her... took about 6 years and luck and someone willing to do a layaway. Still didn't have her fantasy parts. Took maybe another year to find those but I didn't have the money. Nearly cried. I happened to post my woe on facebook and my dad very graciously stepped in and offered to get them for me! <3

6. Bjds are all an exercise in patience. That's the way it's always been, and probably always will be. At least now there is a big marketplace here, and sure, you won't find what you're looking for immediately, but just keep checking around... I've seen sculpts that only one or two were made show up. You just have to have the money saved and ready, and check places for sales often, and be quick! --and be patent!

I usually try and get the limiteds on first or second sale periods, when I can--and have the money saved, at least as much to afford layaway--by keeping up with what's for sale. But I've found plenty of limiteds and discontinued sculpts in the Marketplace and on Ebay (although you have to be careful on Ebay--and really know what you're doing).

If you want something enough, you can find it. It may take a while and a fair amount of diligence, but it's possible.

7. I feel your pain. I fell in love with minifee Liria and the odds of really getting her are low.
      Even if I have the money for her. It really sucks...

8. I really like iplehouse Douglas and Kamau they have very beautiful mean and angry faces and i do not understand why they are discontinue at least make it available in doll choice :( When I get enough i will post the wtb for him because i will never find him on official website

@april that is great advice that i will implement to keep positive outlook when i look for Douglas.

I will never trust Ebay i wanted to buy Soom joint hands for idealian size because I don’t want to wait for Soom to make it i found on eBay many available listings. I am happy i asked my relative about it because i found out it is a replica that is why it was available and cheap so for me and i think newbies like me Ebay is dangerous because it is hard to know if it is real because they have so much feedback and sales so it looks original and real. I think Ebay for bjd is good for the people who are seasoned

9. Lots of fakes of everything on Ebay... and Amazon... and the internet in general--it's true! And scammers. You have to be very careful! I've only bought dolls with company faceups and all the right stuff (boxes, COAs, and only from legit companies and individual sellers). I mostly stick to clothes, wigs and eyes on Ebay (if anything... I hate looking on Ebay these days, there are so many bad auctions). Other places are even worse, though, like FB or Instagram... There's no backup at all if someone scams you.

But definitely keep your hopes up and keep looking. I know people who can find the rarest dolls, just because they are persistent! :3nodding:

10. Fifth Motif's Venitu. I didn't have the money at the time when they did their final run and I seriously doubt he'll ever be cast again. So it's one of those "accept the things you can not change" situations. And it's not like there aren't dozens of other dolls I'd like to get. But maybe one day one will become available second-hand and I'll be able to add him to my collection. Which he wouldn't really fit in any way since they are all MSD dolls. So maybe it's just not meant to be.

11. I currently am on the search for just a discontinued head. Due to the nature of the doll though it is considered off topic. I keep tabs on the Facebook market to see if he'll ever pop up for sale! I got extremely lucky and found his female match head, so I hope to find him next!

12. It has for me, with not one but 4 dolls. Unoss, Unola, DollShe Old Saint with OE and SA heads, SOOM Sard Succubus in cream white. The first 2, I found on the 2nd market, the last 2 were re-released from the company last year boom...with no warning. Never say never, and don't give up the search. If you are diligent and the :starcookiestars:starcookie align, it could happen that you find those 'impossible dream' dolls:aangel:. When I would read some of the success stories for inspiration, it's usually about just staying dedicated, being ready to jump on the opportunity fast and having a generous pinch of luck:clover. Telling friends, helping them watch for their dream dolls too and posting a WTB here sure doesn't hurt either! ;)
      *edit* On the other hand, I jumped for Souldoll Shiva when she was in her first release and she has had I think 2 more, at least one in an additional color. No regrets on that purchase and I'm glad others got a chance at her, she is really an amazing creature, but she was first offered as a LE. Meh.

#72 mimimontoya, Feb 26, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    13. I am totally in love with Fantasiadoll Barbara :( it's just really sad that the company has closed down and it's quite frustrating since I can't even find a doll that even mildly resembles her :(

as for coping. well, I just content myself to just looking and lurking around second hand markets because who knows right?:3nodding:

14. I know how you feel :pout:
      I want to buy MiniFee Mio Full Package (Steam Age - Queen of Hearts) , it's limited doll.
      But at that time I didn't have money.
      I think I will buy second hand. Hopefully, someone will sale her.

15. Probably the Nabarro dollies :< no one sells them secondhand either ><

16. I have been quite lucky with discontinued dolls.

I learned of Anna Queen Laya and was upset I learned of it after the run was over since Anna Queen is just a one-person studio. Then some time later Anna Queen released a new version of Laya and I snapped it up.

And after I got Laya, I was like "I need a petite boy body!" and I decided I liked Luts Junior Delf which was also discontinued. And I got lucky and someone was selling it on the marketplace, in brown skin even! My love of tan skins usually makes my life difficult, but it all worked out!

17. I really like the Elfdoll Dami. Who knows if I will have her...:atremblin

18. I dream of an Adonis head from Raurencio, and kick myself to this day that I didn't buy him when I could.

19. A LOT of my favorite dolls are limited event dolls... I'm desperately in love with Andre, Bedrice and Carol from Doll Chateau alone. Though I've gotten Carol, and thankfully I the others don't seem IMPOSSIBLE to hunt down.

But I've pretty much accepted that I'll never get a Plasticmoon Mr. Kitty, since the creator is on hiatus and I've never seen one for sale second hand... RIP me :...( From the look of it, art doll are just like that...

20. Im in love with Volks Hijikata... he is so handsome but wayy out of my price range on the rare occasion I do see him for sale. Maybe one day..