1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

In love with a discontinued sculpt

Jan 26, 2017

1. The first doll I ever fell in love with was Ringdoll's 2012 Frankenstein. I have been able to find it on the second hand market and the 2013 counterpart this year, but have been unable to buy them :( Back to waiting and hoping.

2. Pretty much ever doll I want is discontinued/limited release that I missed :lol: It makes collecting fun, pining after that weird doll that has little to no sales history at all! It's the thrill of the hunt. For me, it also makes me really think about how much I want that doll. If I love it as being discontinued, and I continue to love it after hunting for it for years, I know it's meant to be~

3. It was a very painful feeling. You can try to find him in the secondary market. At the same time, you can pay more attention to the sale of new dolls, because there will only be more beautiful dolls, maybe there will be ones you like better.

4. I had this with migidoll Ryu. I saw him and realised he was perfect for a character of mine, but then saw he was discontinued. :eek:
      I bought Yujin from migi instead, but never used the head... it just wasn’t right. Then on the marketplace ages later, I saw a Ryu head & bought him. Was really happy! I put him on the body & he’s stayed as Emilio since. I sold yujin, and made someone else happy! :dance

Never give up hope!

5. I’m obsessed with dream of doll, and the company doesn’t even exist anymore. I’m quite happy cause I managed to get 7 of them from second hand market. But I am still searching for other dod sd male sculpt such as Lahoo, Elf Ducan, Luke etc and hoping that one day I could find them.

6. For years, ever since she was released in 2016, I’ve pined away for a Luts BabyDelf Daisy Elf. She was very limited and only available for one month...unfortunately offered when I was already at my absolute financial hobby maximum for the year. There was no way I could financially bring her home, and it totally broke my heart because I thought she was the cutest thing I’d ever seen. No one put them up on the secondary market, so she remained a lost opportunity that I had to learn to live with.

But never say never...I just recently found one for sale right here in the DoA marketplace and purchased her immediately. My dear little elfin darling is finally home.:) Dreams really can come true...you just have to be very patient.

#146 PoeticSoul, Jul 6, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    7. My big discontinued sculpt quest took me to Twigling Eloy, and 5 ingenue heads. I really want Ingenieuse at some point, and a sleeping Ingenue...

8. I suffer with this problem a lot too! I am a tiny doll collector, so there are plenty of LaTi doll sculpts I could only get ahold of for a certain time period </3 I also love the Fairyland PukiPuki Darjeeling, she is adorable...

9. I’m pretty sure Fairyland Lunnula Moonbeams is discontinued. It’s on their site but it shows Sold out and since it’s a collab I don’t think they’ve ever done a rerelease or that they’ve used the Lunnula sculpt for anything else. She’s my grail as a full set and it kills me that I missed out on her the first go round because I hadn’t joined the hobby. Fomo is real in BJD land.

10. Yes, and I think the longest time I have waited for a doll to pop up for sale anywhere is 2 years. Not a single soul on DoA or Instagram sold that doll for 2 years despite my WTB posts, then one day I found a head on the marketplace here and hoarded it right away. I still don't have her thanks to covid slowing foreign post down, she's been stuck in a foreign postal office for over a month, and this feels a million times more stressful than the initial search.

Currently I own more discontinued dolls than those still manufactured (and all the ones not discontinued are all Dollshe, because, well, Dollshe never discontinued a thing.)

11. ALL my dolls are discontinued and I bought them second handed so I have a obsession with limited dolls lol :D currently I am looking for freedom teller enoch with discontinued make-up and an angell studio limited doll >< I cant decide who to buy next omg + plus I want so many Switch dolls that I dont even count how many

12. I had this problem that keeps on re-occuring, I kept on falling for dolls that were long time release and most of the dolls I wanted are either discontinued, was limited edition and/or had stopped production .

I just wish its just easy to email the company for a special order or something. I mean i am so much willing to pay just for these dolls to be reproduced again.

I am salivating for these dolls
      Fairyline 60 Scarlett
      Souldoll Chiron - Centaur
      Loongsoul Gongong
      Soom Shoshon

I know there are new dolls out there but ugh I just discover them this year and I am really wanting them so bad.

Am I the only one who is like this? Are you on the same boat as I am?

#152 BoyToy, Jul 10, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    13. Haahahahaha. Been there, hunted for years, now got pretty much all I ever wanted that came out before I joined the hobby or I missed while being part of the hobby or had to skip out due to finances :3

The magic to get them is: save up, be ready, stalk the 2nd hand markets and put up wtbs in various places.
      Fairlyine's Scarlett might make a return, so might Soom Shoshon.
      Souldoll already re-released Chiron once, so I'm afraid you'll be out of luck on that one and Loongsoul doesn't re-release their limiteds once discontinued :\

Best of luck and even while it might be taking forever: Enjoy the hunt and triumph when you snatch one ;)

14. I emailed soom before and they told me that sometime this year on next year shoshon my return so I'm readying myself for him.

Scarlett fullset is the hardest to find so I am really praying for a re-release of her. I also did email fairyland but no luck to that .

Im still hoping for chiron and gongong tho I've tried a bunch of ways to get em and I am giving myself 2 years to find em juat an ample time while waiting for my dollshe

15. Here we are, in the 'impossible dreams' club :XD:. I know it all too well. Most of the dolls I like or have bought over the years have been long discontinued. Patience is the name of the game - sometimes waiting years. It can get especially frustrating when you JUST miss out on one, or one comes up when you don't currently have the budget for it, or the price is too high. I really like the Volks discontinued SD F-07 and MSD Cynthia/Misha, but I never bothered to even add them to my wishlist or think about owning them as they are hard to find and often expensive.

16. I feel your pain but all hope is not lost. When you get Market Place access, you can post a Wanted thread for them, or you might even find them already there. I think I’ve seen most of those on the MP at one time or another!

As for me, two of the dolls I own are about 15 years old and not only discontinued sculpts, but also from defunct companies that closed nearly a decade ago! I bought them secondhand off the MP. I’ve also got an old Angel of Dream Chen from 2007, and while he’s not technically discontinued, they have modified the sculpt at least twice since then and the current Chen bares very little resemblance to him, so I also kind of consider him a doll you can’t buy anymore. I’m actually his first owner and don’t plan to ever let him go.

I’ve got a couple of others that are discontinued on my wishlist. One of them is actually listed in the MP right now but I’m too broke to buy him and the seller doesn’t accept trades. :pout: Maybe I’ll get lucky and he’ll still be there when I can buy him!

17. What Snowy said.
      Sadly its trickier now with the recasters to beware of...too bad they're an added peril to the hunt.
      I've had a few grails. One was an artist limited sculpt that a dear friend helped facilitate communication & I just had to be ready with money at the right time. Then I fell for CB Delf 2005 Juri in 2010...after some hunting on the secondary market & friends keeping an eye out for her for me, I now own 4 different variations of her!!!! And then Luts rereleased her a couple of years ago...but I didn't need another by then. ;} The other that took forever was Elfdoll Soah. I absolutely loved that sculpt. While on the hunt, I found a second hand Sooah (which has a slightly different face), and lucked into finding an Aurora (the elf eared special event version I didn't even know about!!!! And never expected to find) The same dear friend brought me to tears when my Christmas present one year was Soah from Elfdolls rerelease of the sculpt!?!?!? And then a while after that there was an old version Soah fs in the marketplace...so how could I resist her? And then there was the Aoi Tuki Izayoi sculpt I saw Letitia's photo of on DoA just after I became a member...another sculpt I never thought I'd find or be able to afford until a faceup artist had one posted fs in the marketplace here.

So just keep a doll fund set aside & add a bit to it when you can. Then, when the doll your dreaming of appears you aren't stuck scrambling or crying as they get sold.

18. I feel you!!!
      That has been my case for years, hahaha, but eventually you can find them on the marketplace (or other sale sites, just making sure they are legit).
      Honestly, WTB threads work; even if the dolls are not listed for sale, some owners consider your request.
      It has happened to me, after 10 years of hunting a specific doll, someone contacted me because of my WTB thread. :)
      Don't give up, just be prepared for waiting and spending a lot, hahaha.

19. You're not alone. Until now most of my BJD wish list includes out of production limited edition and discontinued regular dolls. It's a little frustrating... :(
      And I don't know how the chances are for a rerelease. Especially from Angell Studio and DollZone... I don't know either how the chances are on the second hand marketplace, but I'll try to get them.:)

20. Thank you for your encouraging words and tha battle is still on someday I will obtain my goal