1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

In love with a discontinued sculpt

Jan 26, 2017

1. Ugh i feel this so hard! Doll chateau Zora I recently found out was discontinued...Honestly I'm heart broken, she was a love at first sighed type of doll. Thing is I had the money too and didn't go for it :( . I just hope they will re-release it at some point, or I can get her second hand....

2. I am hoping to find BW delf Soony and a WS Twigling Ingenue even pay 2× original price. I was able to find a BW delf Lishe last year here on the MP with sleeping head and extra hands with original box and shipping box. Seller threw in some free gifts. 3 years ago I found one of my grails a Unidoll Dalia on the doll peddlar site and this year on Etsy I found Elfdoll Rita but so far Soony seems the most elusive as I have wanted one since she was discontinued and only delf Soony no fairyland Soony as she is too different.

3. Hahaha ten years I was waiting for my first doll, I was - and I am always - in love with "Dream Of Dolls" dolls, Camine and Lahoo mainly. But the company is down so I just hope to find them in the second-hand market =)
      But it's true and I'm agree : it's very frustrating to can't save up money for a doll you love =/ But keep going everyone and good luck ! Maybe one day, we find our precious dolls we love and have an opportunity to get them =D

4. I feel very shame, but I stalked my grail boy. I wrote directly to several owners in a hope maybe someone of them is gonna sell him, and I really appreciate that all Of them was friendly and didn’t send me to hell :sweat But finally I found a person who kindly agree to let him go to me. I was sooo happy that day! And I feel so much grateful his previous owner to let me adopt him <3

5. My grail is an Elfdoll. I saw many WTB posts on Instagram but I've never seen anyone selling her. :(

6. Now that I think about it, all of my boys are discontinued sculpts. I think one I'm definitely sad about is Dream of Doll Shall.

Iplehouse Louis
      Iplehouse Gentle Soori
      Esthy Peroth

7. Totally relatable, it is really hard waiting for something you absolutely adore to pop up. Just gotta keep waiting and hoping.
      I'm hopeless lol still waiting and looking for my wishlist

8. Doll in mind:...(:...(:...( come back please we miss youuuuu

9. …don’t even look at my wishlist. I need to STOP researching older doll lines bc I keep finding The Loveliest sculpts that were discontinued like a decade ago. Send help.

10. I have a gift for selecting discontinued dolls. Unless you count my Dollshe lads, which discontinue then return the discontinue… To cope, I save money and stalk the Marketplace. And wait…so much waiting but it usually pays off.

11. I bought a 5 Star Doll Becca and then later sold her. Now they are gone and I regret selling her. I hope that if any of their SD girls come on the second hand market, that I would have the funds to get it. Or even better, that 5 Star would issue new SD size girls.

#171 ParlourGoddess, Nov 8, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    12. This hasn't happened to me except in that all Phoenox dolls are discontinuee.

13. Good luck on finding your grails! You’ll get them one day! :D Yes! I have come across dolls when I started collecting that were discontinued or limited and I am still hunting for one of them :( The one I am looking for is a DollZone the Moon limited doll. I have the star (lucky me - found on eBay). I was able to get two of my grails. I try not to focus too hard on the ones I can’t have/find, one day maybe it’ll simply turn up on the second hand market… Or at least that’s my hope! That’s how I cope lol

14. I only buy from small artists so this is the story of my life lol. It’s contributing to me overspending bc I’ve learned I can’t rely on there being more than one or maybe two preorders for a doll I really love. Which also makes them unlikely to ever be found second hand.

I did find my discontinued grail doll, Legrand Doll Lidia, for a good price on Instagram though. I think there are less than 30 of her in cast resin in existence, so I feel very lucky.

15. What is a discontinued sculpt you fell in love with too late?

16. BlueBlood Doll Phoenix.

He was BlueBlood Doll's first ever sculpt and sold only as a hand cast head. There was never a sales page on the official site before it shut down, and finding any photos of him or even proof that he ever existed is pretty difficult. Draven is a modified version of Phoenix, but there are differences and they were sold as two totally different sculpts at different times. According to the artist, only 2 or 3 Phoenixes were ever sold. She doesn't even own one or have the mold anymore, so finding one would be nearly impossible. I've tried tracking down the existing ones and only found one, who had been modded. I don't know if any remain intact like new at all, and I don't believe BBD makes dolls anymore, so finding a discontinued sculpt from a defunct company that only 2-3 were known to even exist....It's unlikely I will EVER have my hands on one!

17. I eventually settled for similar sculpts. If the discontinued sculpt were to surface somewhere, I might even get it and reshell my doll.

18. I had planned to buy a Miracledoll ChiZhu Little Moth and now that I'm ready I've noticed he has been discontinued. That's the second Miracledoll head I've missed out on due to unannounced discontinuations :sigh

19. I have 5 dolls: Doll Factory Senior Ari Lachlan, SOL Ringdoll in tan skin *Full Set*, Dream of Doll Adolph, Loong Soul Wolf , Human Farkas on French Gray Skin and IOS Ciel Phantomhive, who i still hope get them some day.

20. The Doll Chateau Y-body-02 has definitely become a grail doll (body) for me! I reallyyyyy hope DC releases another male youth body that's similar to it! Another one would be Doll Zone Merlin!