1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Infiniti Doll SID Boys - General Thread

Nov 2, 2010

1. @ serenity: Ah, I emailed them this morning and they say it will be shipped tomorrow (i.e. Feb 25th in Asia). I hope they stick to that. =)

Julien does wear LUTS delf boy sized underwear, actually... it's stretchable so that really isn't a problem. =) I daresay SD13 underwear should similarly pose no issue. =3

2. @Razaera- Well that's good news to hear on both accounts. I hope they ship your order out as promised. :)

At the moment I am so confused about what to buy for clothes, whether I should stick with my original plan, the DZ outfit or buy some SDF pants and a shirt somewhere else? Time is running out because he'll probably be shipped in 3 weeks or so and I keep procrastinating and changing my mind. I really need to make a firm decission over the weekend and place something on order soon.*_*

3. Ah, his suit has arrived. Here's a picture of him in it... yeahh, the lighting is wonky, I was going for a romantic feel but somehow it just... went... slightly off. xD The pants are a little tight though. Peculiar. Guess they really have bubble butts. I daresay my boy seems to like scarves better than ties though. He just looked slightly miffed in the ties!

4. He looks really good in the suit Razaera. Actually I think it looks better on Julien than the model at ID. Regarding the pants being tight, can he sit in them without any problems? Also how would you rate the quality of the suit? It looks nicer at home to me than at the website. Anyways glad you got the suit before your meet.:)

5. Mmm he looks amazing in that suit! <3 I can't wait until Ryder comes home from his face up. T^T He should be home soon I hope! When he comes home, I'll be pic-spammin' this thread up. xD

6. @ serenity & PinkPlushii: Thanks! I'm very amused though, I am feeling the strange feeling of not being able to buy ANY SD clothing I see in sight because they won't fit as easily as they would on my delf boy. It certainly does help to restrain me though! Yeah, he can sit in the pants... I think. Kinda. Though I'm still working out how to work with his joints, especially the one at his waist, so as to let him sit straight up securely. It seems that if I don't pop out the waist joint just a little bit he'll want to slouch backwards.

The suit itself? It's... the standard of most suits I suppose. Quite alright. The blazer IS a little thinner than the Dollheart one my other boy has, but I quite expected that anyway. I should also re-sew the buttons on the cuffs and the front, cause they look a little precarious... I'd love to replace them with black buttons though, as they're silver and quite outstanding! ^^;;

/edit: just wanna check what sizes of shoes you guys have tried - am having a bit of a toughie finding nice shoes that will fit!!!

7. Thanks Razaera- I appreciate the info. If the clothes I'm getting don't work out I'll probably invest in the suit too. BTW did you get a black tie with yours or was it one you already had at home? I could be wrong but didn't they show a blue and white one in the promo pic? Honestly I'd much prefer to have a black tie over the other one.

Sorry I can't help with the shoe question at the moment but once Hue arrives I'll try on what I have at home and see if anything fits, hopefully someone else can let us know what works for them.

@PinkPlushii- How exciting! I hope Ryder comes home to you soon. I will be looking forward to seeing him with his new face up. Have you seen any progress pics or will he be a total surprise?

8. @ serenity: aha, you're observant - that is indeed a tie I already owned. :P yeah, not much one for pajama stripes either. :P I do think the suit is a pretty good investment if you do not intend to change his hands... I received a black sd17 shirt last night in the mail, and had to resort to taking Julien's hands off just to get it on. Whereas the white shirt that comes with the suit is definitely cut at the right place so that you can fit those humongous hands in! :P

But I intend to change out his hands for SDF hands this weekend - it will be a function over aesthetic decision, I believe, since the SDF hands have less detail, but at least I will not have to look at every new clothing purchase and examine the sleeves... Added to that I am not very strong and I cannot possibly always have someone else helping me tug at the elastic!!!

Am having the shoe problem because I guess we know that our boys have feet too big for SDF/SD13 ranges... But at the same time I don't think they are the size of the SSDF... So trying to find stuff in between that range!

9. @Razaera: Drats! I was afraid you'd say that about the tie :P, but no big deal, if I get the suit I'll upgrade the tie later. :)

Wow, I never thought about their hand size being so problematic. With that being the case, ID really should offer more than just 1 outfit to fit our guys, Shoes would also be nice. I not a big fan about taking them off to get their clothes on either so I'll be curious to know how your hand swapping works out.

10. I've been debating on changing Ryder's feet since I have no problem with his hands, but the size of his feet make it hard to put shoes on and off of him. :/ I'm just wondering if he'll have problems standing because of the new feet...@_@ I mean he shouldn't since they'll just be a few cm smaller, but I just want a second opinion before I go and spend money on new feet.

11. Ok, here's the update on the hand swapping... the color match was ok enough I suppose, only that the SDF hands have this strange sort of shine to them that the Infiniti resin doesn't, which I wasn't too sure about... but what prevented it from being successful was that, well, the ball of the hand for the SDF was a bit smaller than what would be ideal for the Infiniti wrist hole. So, yeah, no go. I'm eyeing SSDF hands now (since they are screw on to the wrist ball or something) - but we'll have to let the SDF hands go first.

As for shoes... I THINK they shouldn't be as hard really - yesterday my fellow wore the Dollheart SD13s and I just loosened the laces a LOT - taking them off was easier this time. =)

/edit: Here's a shot of Julien from yesterday's meet =)

12. @PinkPlushii- It's hard to say whether a few cm's would matter or not. I suppose it depends on the shape of the foot you're considering, compared to the one he has and how well it fits on his ankle, I imagine if the fit is good he shouldn't have any problems standing but I wouldn't know for sure. Do you have know anyone who has a doll with the feet you're considering buying? If so maybe they'd let you try them on Ryder and then you'd know for sure before buying something you can't use.

@Razaera- Ah that's a shame the SDF hands didn't work out. If you can get a pair of SSDF hands I bet they would work out great. Even if they're bigger than Julien's hands they do have an interesting function where their hand slides off the ball joint. I imagine that would make changing clothes super easy.

BTW Glad to hear Julien didn't have to go shoeless to the dollmeet and he's looking ever so handsome in pic you provided. ;)

13. Yep, I know about that hand sliding thing... it'll be awhile before I can try THAT out though. Haha. The infiniti hand part does have an additional ball thing between the hand and the arm, which the SDF didn't... wonder if that affects anything. =)

As for shoes, Julien stood like a friggin' rock in the SD13 dollheart ones he stole for the meet... I think it's not the foot size that matters, but rather how closely the fit is around the leg. That's why I try not to give them shoes... but boots mostly.

14. Ryder should be home within the next few days! <3 *excited* I'll be sure to picspam his new face up like crazy here! :D

serenity - Yeah...I don't know anyone with the feet I'm planning to buy for him. T^T I don't even know if the resin will match. *_* the feet I planned to buy were the Little Monica ones from Ndoll. But I think I'm gonna try to deal with Ryder's feet a bit longer, just to see if I can get used to them. Plus, I think I'll do the lace thing like Razaera said. If that doesn't work, then I will look into other options. xD

Razaera - I still can't get over how much personality your boy has. He always has so much expression, including his usual smug one. ;)

15. @Razaera-Hmm that's a good question whether that extra part on his hand makes a difference or not. Have you heard of anybody swapping out their hands for the SSDF ones before?

I think Hue will be sporting boots for the most part too. I have a pair waiting I bought for my 70cm doll that are too small for him and his foot is 9cm so I'm hoping they'll fit Hue (If he ever gets here.). :(

@PinkPlushii- I'll be looking forward to seeing Ryder. I agree it's probably best to live with his feet for awhile. I'm sure we'll all find some shoe solutions soon enough.:)

Just out of curiosity,Did either of your dolls arrive sufficeintly strung? I hope so because I really hate having to restring or even tightening the doll, especially when they first arrive. Also did ID include extra string, S-hooks?

16. No, I haven't heard of anyone swapping out the hands for SSDF... can't think it would make a difference though, other than the ball thing being able to twist and stuff... the hands are probably about the same size. xD (But you know what they say about men with large hands.)

No, no extra string or S-hooks, but he's fine really. Sitting IS a bit of a bitch for him, for some reason I think I'm not popping the joint right or something, it's hard to get him to sit up straight but it might be the usual new doll tightness. He can stand like a ROCK though. Srsly.

I ordered him a pair of DH shoes - no response from DH though and I'm worried cause I ordered from the original site and not the jollyplus, so I've put a topic in the appropriate forum about that, hope someone can give me an answer ^^;;

I'll be posting a couple more pics of him soon enough! He really has got some FIERY PERSONALITY, I'd say!

17. Eeeee I got Ryder back from the face up artist today! :D He looks fantastic ahhhasldsdlskdf.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I agree that sitting up straight for them is a real pain. Standing? No problem! Sitting? Flop flop flop. D: Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? haha.

I'm thinking of sueding the torso joints since it's driving me nuts!

But other than the problems with sitting up straight, these dolls pose wonderful. They absolutely don't need to be restrung in my opinion.

18. @Razaera- Yes, I do know what they say about men with large hands and it's apparent our guys deserve them.(Cough) ;)

I'm relieved to hear I won't need to do any restringing anytime soon. Actually none of my dolls like to sit up straight so I'm used to the slouching or leaning back position most of them like to display so Hue should fit in fine. (I really need to get serious and decide on a name for him soon, I have a few under consideration but always seem to wait until the last minute.)

Did you hear anything back about from Dollheart or the forum yet? I hope everything works out with your order.

Also I'll be looking forward to seeing the new pics of Julien. I agree with Pinkplushii he really is so expressive. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to contribute some pics of my own.

@PinkPlushii-Ryder came out great! He's very handsome. I bet you're happy to have him back home. :)

Thanks for your input on the restringing issue too, I really appreciate it. I'm going to assume if you and Razaera both had your guys come home adequately strung Hue should be too.

19. Aaahh, Ryder looks good!!! =) I wonder if I'm working with the sitting joint right, y'see, maybe one is supposed to pop it out a certain way but I've no idea if what I'm doing is right. ^^;; Do let me know if you do decide to suede, PinkPlushii =)

My EL sits up pretty fine, so Julien has a standard to live up to ^.~ Haha! What are your name considerations so far?
      Good news on the Dollheart front though, they said my item has been shipped - I'll only breathe a complete sigh of relief when it arrives, but I think for now we can safely say that I think the Original Website still works. ^^;;

Here's an amusing picture I took yesterday for kicks in the meanwhile!

20. Haha, Cute pic of the both of them Razaera, Julien's expression is so perfect for the shot and Cadell is always the charmer. Does this mean there's another photo story around the corner?:D

Regarding names, so far I'm considering Ashley Jacob, Matthew Lawrence or Cameron Lukas. It's probably going to end up Ashley but we'll see once he gets home if I still feel that way or he seems more like one of the other names.

Good to know the Dollheart website still works and your order has been shipped. I ordered some wigs from Leekeworld the other day and was worried I wasn't going to get them either. After they were shipped, I realized they didn't ask for a city in my address information, (so I've since corrected that mistake) but luckily I got them yesterday without any delay.