1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Infiniti Doll SID Boys - General Thread

Nov 2, 2010

1. serenity- aww I hope you get him soon.

Are the guys hard to find clothing for? I keep hearing the girls are so it makes me wonder. I ordered my girl the other day so it gets me closer to being able to get a guy eventually.

2. Um. Uh. Let's just say having a 65cm/SD17 sized fellow makes me very thrifty - can't spend on the standard SD sizes or the 70cm sizes... It's not that finding clothing is IMPOSSIBLE, but depending on your taste (and mine is not the casual Nine9-esque taste) it can be a little... tricky. Go for the shops that have size specifications/tailoring. Yup!

And here's Julien and his disdain of sparkles...

[​IMG]

3. Thanks Mystical Rose, I finally got my Ashley today and thought I'd put up a pic.
      [​IMG]

I tried a pair of Iplehouse YID cargo pants on him and they fit pretty good in the length and the waist. They're pretty roomy in the thighs so I don't know if our guys can fit in some of their tighter pants or not but I'll strip down some of my boys and let you guys know the results soon. I can verify the shirts from IH are too tight around the chest, a bit short and most do not fit over the hands. Regarding wigs for Hue, he takes 8-9. Out of 12 wigs I tried on him only 2 size 8-9 were too small, the rest fit fine or were slightly large.

Razaera, that's a nice pic of Julien. Is he wearing his new boots?

4. Oh yay, serenity, he's home I see! =D How peculiar, I tried a YID shirt on Julien and it fit... though I'm selling it cause of style, not cause of fitting, haha. Yup, he's wearing his new boots. xD How do you like their hands?

5. Julien looks so dashing! His shiny shirt is nice. And serenity, Ashley is very handsome. I can't wait to see more of him!

6. Thanks Razaera, I thought he'd never get here. He definitely was worth the wait. You were right about the hands, I can't believe how huge they are, but they're very nicely sculpted.(Haha) And from what I can see of Julien's boots they look very nice.

Thank you snowgray. As soon as I get him some suitable clothes to wear I'll put some photos up in the picture sharing thread.

Regarding IH shirts, I suppose it must depend on the particular shirt whether it fits or not. I took some photos and I'll show you what I mean from my standpoint.

This shirt is from the YID sc semi suit set, I could only get it on one side of his arm because I was afraid I'd rip it being so tight, you'll also notice it is too short in the arm length.
      [​IMG]

I tried a few more shirts on him and they were too small as well.

7. I know I'm late, you can blame school for that, but congrats on Ashley's arrival, serenity! :D He looks fantastic!

Oh, and a new website just opened up that sells quite a bit of SD17 clothing! It's M3 Studios I believe. ^^ The URL is: http://www.m3bjd.com/

I'm gonna see if I can order some clothing for Ryder there. If I can, I'll definitely let you know how it is!

8. Razaera- very nice pic of Julien.

Serenity- I am glad Ashley made it home and he very cute too ^_^

Oh yeah I have a question about eye putty that comes with them. What kind of putty is it. My husband was asking me >< He(used to working with different kinds of stuff. customizes action figures) wanted to know if it was like putty that hardens, is it sticky... What are the properties basically?

9. Ahhh, thanks for all those pics, serenity =) I must say that one of the things I love about Infiniti boy hands is that... they aren't shiny. Er, don't know if that makes sense, but like... when I look at the SDF hands next to Infiniti hands... there's a noticeable matte difference, and I like that! ...plus, of course, all those lovely vein details.

The putty... seems to be just the normal beige-brown sort... it came in a square, then you sort of play with it a bit and it gets like clay-ish... doesn't seem very sticky but then again that's relative... ^^;; I don't know if it hardens. I mean, I can remove it from his head if so needed and I think you can reuse it.

10. Razaera- Thank you ^_^

11. Thank you PinkPlushii, I'm very happy with him. I checked out the website you provided and it seems they have some interesting outfits. I'll be anxious to know how they fit if you do decide to place an order.

Thanks Mystical Rose. I agree with Razaera, the putty most doll companies provide doesn't seem to harden but I do recall reading somewhere here at the den there are certain puttys you should avoid using because they can damage the eyes or the resin, I'm not sure on this exactly. As far as I know this could have been stuff they used in the past and have corrected by now. If I can find that article again I'll provide a link.

@Razaera- I love the matte resin too and it's amazing all the details their hands have. I also was examining his feet last night and thought it was interesting that his toenails extended over his toes and he even has tiny wrinkles sculpted on the bottom of his feet.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention this, Before Ashley arrived I was looking around the net for anyone else who might have had a Hue and I could only find one other person but what I did find in the process was a blog for Infinitidoll. It seems like they're ready to be coming out with a new boy soon.
      http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=infinitidoll&categoryNo=0

It's kind of interesting if you look back through the old posts like this one. The sculptor shows the process by which he created Alex and his body. Also what he looks like with natural make up. I think he's pretty cute.
      http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=infinitidoll&categoryNo=0&currentPage=10

I know the site is in korean but I just used the google translator and it made it easy to understand what they were saying.

12. serenity- Thank you.I see. ok thanks ^_^

13. Well, I've placed a small order with M3 Studios for a pair of SD17 pants and an SD13 suit for Ryder and Kadin last night as a little "get well" present for myself since I just got hit with a lot of bad news. xDD; I will let you all know how the pants fit Ryder when they get here. :)

Serenity, is this the thread you were talking about?

I believe it's sculpey you have to be careful with, especially with acrylic eyes because sculpey can melt the acrylic.

My personal favorite type of eye putty is Silicone Earplugs. I have some of Leeke's eye putty, and while it works very well, it's sooo sticky and I hate the feeling of it! *_*

And wow, Alex does look nice with natural make up. They should have used that picture of him on their sales. o.O; That new boy they're making looks cute too. xD

14. PinkPlushii- Thank you. ah. My husband uses that alot,but what eh does is totally different from dolls...lol That is good to know about that ^_^ I will keep that advice about the Silicon earplugs in my mind.

I agree I like Alex's natural makeup. So cute.

15. Yes PinkPlushii that was the thread, thanks for finding it. Ah I didn't know about silicone earplugs either, I'll have to look into them.

Oh cool you placed an order with M3 studio. I can't wait to see the clothes your getting.

I agree, Infiniti should have placed that pic of Alex on the sight as well and maybe given you a choice for the make up.

16. Heyy I was able to finally take more photos of my Boy :3

I was having a hard time finding good SD17 clothes for him, so I made him this VIntage Style Sailor Top!

I Love his sculpt so much!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Yep, best to stick to the putty (if you MUST use putty) that the company provides, I say. Though I wouldn't mind using the silicon stuff, I just haven't been able to find it (and the putty works well enough for me)...

And the details on the hands, I think, makes up for the fact that they're so HUGE! I guess that's part of the reason I can't bring myself to change the hands out permanently... there's just so much detail there that's lost on the sdf hands... though I really wish I knew how to blush hands... I think they would look SO good blushed. Though, I swear, the vein details seem gray-ish already. Is that just my imagination?

Ohh... a new boy. Damn. But I'm sure my love for my Julien will triumph any oh-it's-new-and-shiny feeling. XD haha! And yes, I've read their blog before =) they had lots of updates about Chris a long time ago.

Ohhh... that's a nice sailor top O_O

18. Your boy looks nice in the top Duofan.

No I don't think it's your imagination Razaera, I think the veining on their hands seem to have a grayish hue too, it's probably just shadows, but still it's interesting none the less. I'd love to blush Ashley's hands as well but first I'll have to practice on those event hands. Do you still have your hands to practice on too?

19. Ohhhh. I was worried the other day, wondering if they were stains. ^^;; Haha. Yeah, I still have them. I'd actually forgotten about the extra hands, haha! ^^;; I wish they'd sell hands separately on the site though, I always worry what if I break a finger...

New photostory up!!!

20. I've thought the same thing about the hands too. I wonder if we ever had a problem like that if they would sell us a pair anyways? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask if the need ever arose. BTW The photostory was great. Julien is so expressive with his hands.

Well I tried to put a few pairs of IH shoes on Ashley and they do not fit at all, too small. I also tried a pair of converse high tops I got from the model woman section at DM and they don't fit either. I thought they might because they're big on my boys but no luck. I don't have time today, but later tonight I'll try my DM Model shoes on Ash and see if he can wear them. I have two pair that are too small for my DM Model and he has a 9cm foot so we'll see.