1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Infiniti Doll SID Boys - General Thread

Nov 2, 2010

1. I don't see why they wouldn't sell it to us... hmmmm. Well let's hope we don't have to find THAT out ever. Haha. Thanks! I have a hard time finding backdrops for the stories, but I'm sure over time I'll get more proficient at making use of what I have!

Ah, I hope the shoes fit. I mean, there are always the 70cm boy shoes from Dollheart (and I suspect certain SD13 boy ones too that tend to fit but just a bit too tight sometimes), but one has to stuff tissue in...

I really really wish Infiniti would carry more clothing/shoes than they do at present!

2. I think you've done an excellent job so far with your stories and even if you have only a few backdrops I doubt anyone minds. Someday when I get a better camera and improve on my photography skills I may attempt a story myself. I have lots of crazy ideas that may make interesting stories.(LOL)

Regarding the DM shoes, Unfortunately they're both too big. The boots he can wear if needed because they're tight around the legs so he can still stand but there is alot of room in the toe area. The dress shoes were just huge and looked like clown shoes on his feet so I guess I'll have to find someone else to eventually acquire them.

I think in a few weeks I'm going to try my luck with the Luts SDF shoes because if Ashley can't wear them one of my other guys can inherit them.

I agree, it is frustrating Infiniti doesn't offer any shoes and only one outfit. Obviously they bought clothes to fit their dolls from somewhere so at the very least they should offer a list of manufacturers to use, other than the standard sd17 spiel, because that has proven to be too generic and we shouldn't have to resort to trial and error, trying to find clothes that fit, especially when you add up the cost. I suppose the clothes they 're using could have been custom made but it would have been nice to know that fact ahead of time too.

3. Duofan- cute ^_^ The sailor top looks very nice.

Thank you everyone for the help about the putty. I saved that link to the thread to read when ig et the chance ^_^

I am cusious about Crobi's wigs .. are they made alot like leeke or do the run smaller or bigger? I have seen some I like,but they are all in the 9-10 size range ><

I agree about the outfits. I wish they offered a little bit more too.

4. Haha, actually most of the time my backdrops are my jackets thrown over a surface. I suspect your DM shoes may be about the same size as the DH 70cm shoes... still, I remember that if a doll has really big hands but sort of significantly smaller feet, it can look funny too. Haha. Do let me know if the SDF shoes fit - the foot measurement of the SDF is smaller than the infiniti boy after all, so I was a bit reluctant... ^^;;

Ah, that brown wig I photographed Julien in is a 9-10 from Crobi... it is definitely too big for him (hence why it's on sale) but maybe it could fit one of the bigger-headed sculpts?

Maybe we should all write in about more outfits!

/edit:

Ah, it's a good day for photos!!! Here's a thread I stuck a photo of Julien in...
      And here's another for kicks:

[​IMG]

5. Ooh Julien looks quite pretty outdoors. Is this the first chance you've had to photograph him outside? I would have never guessed you were using your jackets for backdrops (haha)

About the SDF shoes, I'm pretty sure they'll fit because I think I've spotted a few styles they're using on some of the dolls and I suspect the SSDF size would be too big but I'll let you know the verdict once they arrive. I think size wise the SDF's foot is 8cm and our guys are 8.3 but I heard their shoes run large so I'm willing to give them a try.

I know what you mean about the large hands and small feet looking odd but in this case, the dress shoes I tried looked even bigger than his hands so to me it didn't look aesthetically pleasing but maybe for someone else it could work.

That's a good idea about writing Infiniti about the clothes. Maybe if there's enough interest they may expand their selection.

6. serenity, Ash is gorgeous!!! I just ordered mine today, yay!!!! I also got him in WS.

7. Yep. =3 First time outdoors. I have a feeling he's not quite the outdoorsy sort though! Do let us know about the SDF shoes. =D I'd love to be able to get him a pair of tighter ones, at least around the leg area, because I think a tight fit on the ankle+leg is the key to getting them to stand securely. =D

8. Thank You carmen171! I 'm happy to hear you're getting a Hue too, Congrats!He really is lovely in the ws and I hope you'll enjoy yours as much as I do Ash.

Ah, it's a shame Julien isn't the outdoorsy type but it was nice seeing him trying to adapt. =D I think it's healthy for a guy who spends most of his time indoors on an ice rink to get some fresh air and sunshine every once in awhile. (Haha) BTW The area you took the pictures was really pretty, is it near your home?

Regarding the shoes, sure no problem, but just to be on the safe side I'd like to know everyone's opinion. Do you guys think these are the same shoes or not? They're such an unique color for shoes, I'd have to think they were the same ones. They're not the style I plan on getting for Ashley, but the easiest style to compare as similiar so I'd appreciate your feedback before I place an order.

http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=1285

http://www.infinitidoll.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_8&products_id=32

9. Yeeep, it's this little sapling nursery next to my home, the trees are really small so they look like doll sized... and the other bits were the bit of garden just outside my estate.... Ahhh. Wow. Observant. I never realized how similar those shoes are. To my untrained eye it looks like they're definitely the same but I wouldn't bet my life on it. xD

10. serenity- I agree they do look very similar. They are a ncie color XD

11. Thanks Razaera, Mystical Rose, for letting me know your opinions about the shoes. I'll be placing an order before the end of the week so hopefully I'll have good news to report soon. =D

12. serenity- your welcome ^_^

13. This thread suddenly died! ;_;

Anyway, this is a quickie update saying that I finally got my SD17 pants from M3 Studios and they fit Ryder like a charm! :D They fit perfectly! Length is perfect, the waist is perfect, and there's pretty much no plumber's crack. xD

And just so you guys think that M3 Studios didn't take forever shipping my stuff out - they had it shipped out within a week and a half. It was actually delivered on April 6th to my house, but my dad missed the package and never told me I had a missed package...:sweat And I just found out yesterday via tracking number that it was delivered on April 6th! o.O;

14. Hi. I have been wondering where everyone was.

Glad to hear the pants you got him fit XD That is soem very fast shipping.

15. Ah sorry for not writing either, I didn't get the chance to order my shoes until Friday and figured I'd wait until they arrived before posting again if no one else had something to add.(They're on shipping at the moment too.) Anyways, thanks for letting us know about the pants Pinkplushii, that's really good news! I won't feel so hesistant ordering from them now. BTW which pair did you order, if you don't mind me asking? Was it a tight jean style or dress pants?

16. I echo serenity's question here. =) I might get him some pants from M3 studio then, though he already has his black infiniti pants so if I did get any from M3 it would have to be a different style... trying to be more efficient on doll clothing!

17. These are the pants I ordered him for anyone curious! :) I'm not really sure how to describe them, haha. But they are nice!

I can take pictures of them tomorrow if anyone wants. I'd do it tonight, but I have homework I need to get done. Bah homework. T__T

18. Thanks for the link Pinkplushii! Since you offered, I'd appreciate seeing Ryder wearing the pants whenever you have the time to post.:)

I guess the big question now becomes will M3 dress shirts fit over our guys' hands? I saw a suit set that I'd like try but I'm a bit worried whether the coat will be too tailored in the sleeve and I'll have to remove Ashley's hands in order for it to fit. At least their shirts are inexpensive so I think I'll start there and if that works out I'll take my chances with the suit.

19. Amen to that hand problem, serenity, I'm sort of casually dreading every new piece of clothing I'm eyeing, cause of the BIG BIG HANDS. I think Sadol clothing SHOULD theoretically be ok - his hands could fit through one, but that shirt belongs to my other fellow and is a bit tight on him... should work with others tho don't you think?

20. It sounds like it should work out fine if you were able to get his hands through the sleeves sucessfully. Sadol does have some cute outfits I'd love to try, I'm just a little confused on how you order from them. Do you have to order through the message board or email them?

If only I could sew good enough, I'd have no worries, at least regarding clothes that fit.(Sigh)

I was starting to get worried about my order from Luts leaving Korea. On Tuesday I got my shipping notice and I checked the EMS tracking and at first everything was good,the package got checked into the post office, customs,and then handed over to the air carrier. Then Wednesday and Thursday it had no updates, but this morning I checked and it was finally delivered to customs in New York, a few minutes after midnight but it still never listed the flight info or anything else. Very strange. Hopefully it'll be here by Monday and I can report whether the shoes fit or not.