1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Inkling discussion part 1

Oct 22, 2010

1. Thanks everyone for their lovely messages... my avatar was just me playing with one of Armeleias pictures planning the face-up - she's getting on in the morning when the light is nice and I'm certain her MSC is dry :)

I can report thus fare that the hand-casts will not fit Fairyland PukiPuki wigs - they are huge and not even remotely worth trying to get them to stay put without serious alterations..... I have a Leeke orient doll wig due early next week in the mail so I'm hopeful that will fit. My Kemper Dolls Fairy wig which is exactly 3 inches fits beautifully and doesn't fall off thanks to Aimee rounding out the back of her head nicely.

I'll try and get some pictures of her tomorrow with my resin kids when I put her back together - I have all three main size dolls (Yo, MSD, SD and a Giant Soom Monster Monzo) so I'd be happy to arrange them for a comparison shot.

She fit the maryjanes I purchased from Mimiwoo from the Blythe range - they are a little roomy but with a ball of tissue in the toe they look super cute and have thin soles rather than the usual platform look.

Oh and for sh*ts and giggles I tried some barbie stuff on her - the elasticised skirts make lovely strapless dresses LOL

2. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-Fits-Into-Barbie-Shoes!-(Inkling-by-armeleia)
      the whole lot are here - here are just 2 for the discussion thread. check it out, she fits into quite some styles of my BARBIE shoes! WOOOOT

The production doll came for a short visit... I will have more pictures later, I had to use artificial light because it was late so I do apologize for the quality.

This is Inkling, by our own Armeleia. Isn't se just a wonderful little thing??!?!?!? She has 5 faceplates, pouting, winking, laughing, sleeping, default.

These are all Barbie shoes and, for the most part, Bratz clothing. These are Barbie-sized wigs, too.

[​IMG]
      Talk to the hand.
      [​IMG]

3. I'm very pleased with what she fits into. I should detail what she's wearing - the jeans in the first pic are bratz. I did have to cut them and when I have time, I'm gonna fringe the bottoms, but they really fit her QUITE well. That adorable little blue top is from an only hearts toddler sized doll, it really was meant for Juniper Snowpea but I thought, hm, tried it on her, and it fit her!

The rest of it is bratz. Some bratz skirts just looked too big, the scale was wrong, but some were good. They are a little big. I was most wowed by the SHOES! I have SHOES for her!!!!!!!!!!

I want more wigs that aren't mohair, too. she really does have a wee head. look for size 3 wigs - not "size 3-4" they will be too big.

4. Lolly, thank you for the comparison pic!

Startling will most likely be sold in March. I want to space things out to recover a little between releases. ;) Only the small bust will be available at that time, and only the Starling plates. (Starling's plates will hopefully be available a la carte as well, but I'll need to ask the casting studio.)

For the time being, I can only do the procasts in normal and white. If I were to do other colors, I'd have to go to another studio and I'd probably have to commit to 50 of them in each color! There will be hand casts in non-standard colors... I am hoping to do some casting over my Christmas vacation. :) A friend of mine is going to do the seam sanding, so hopefully once cast they'll actually get finished soon after. (She'll also be finishing the deep tan first generation hand cast for me to see in January hopefully. I'm just finishing up the glowing girl now, so she'll be heading to her owner on Monday.)

I've been working a little on Starling daily too. She has one ear. ;) I'm still evening out her eyes. I had intended her to be an younger sister, but I think she's more mature. I like her weird nose.
      [​IMG]

5. Experimentling (the hand-cast with the glow-in-the-dark particles) is heading out to her new home tomorrow. She has glow-in-the-dark wings and eyeballs made from glow Fimo. :) The pigment in her pieces sank to the bottom of the molds, giving her a look like she's lit from the bottom. She has flaws because she was an experiment, but I am glad she has an owner to go to!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I'd like to try other ways to get glow in the dark to work.

6. :DHELLO EVERYONE!!! Just thought that I would post here...I posted these pix in Inkling's waiting room. Just in case anyone else is OCD about eyes, like I am, I have some pix...

[​IMG]
      These are the Dreamingtree 4mm eyes!!! They are very detailed and beautiful in my Experimentling, prototype...this size was too small for the default prototype face plate, though.

:|And just for fun, GLOWING!!!

[​IMG]

Take care and have fun, AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME DOLLS AIMEE!!!

:aheartbeaEJ

7. OK...
      A comp pic, and some info on shoes and wigs...
      [​IMG]

I used all Lati Yellow shoes. Even the huge ones. And its funny becasue for some reason I like the shoes that are too
      big on her more than the ones that actually fit perfectly. At least in pics.
      I have a pair of Lati Yellow/Riley Uggs by Mimisstuff that look great and Boneka Mary Janes...
      As far as wigs, I used my pukis and some worked great, others too big. I have a couple from my Bongie, but they were too small.
      I gotta tell you the joy of these little faces is truly killin me. Like she's not really a doll but this little spritly being.
      Her posing is wonderful, although I do confess to wiring her arm to get her to touch her face..LOL
      She has fabulously shaped legs, which is why I think the hoodie and leggings is a favorite, that and its the most mature look I did.
      Any questions on size or fit, feel free to ask!

8. aww thanks merangel...
      Still having fun. :)
      [​IMG]

9. Blythe clothes are mostly too big for Inkling, alas.

10. Her head circumference is 8.4cm, but how does her head measure depth-wise? I want a wig made custom for her. :)

edit: Inkling, I mean. :sweat

11. strawberryblossom: Her head is narrow but relatively long--if you look at her face-on she has a narrow skull, but if you look at her from the side, her skull looks elongated and deep. Armeleia has said that she made it long on purpose so that Inkling could fit in Puki-sized 3-4 wigs.

My test-cast Inkling has a tinybear 3-4 wig on, and the headcap is a tiny bit large but it still works pretty well--the only problem is that the wig is so fluffy that the poor Inkling is drowning in mohair. :)

12. The Inklings actually just arrived this afternoon! I just finished unwrapping and counting them... it takes a long time to unwrap that many faceplates! *_*

I am going to start painting tomorrow night and try to get 2-3 dolls painted every night. I'm expecting the eyes to arrive next Friday, so I will start shipping dolls on Monday, 2/7. Blank dolls will ship first, then painted dolls will ship in the order that the orders were placed. :)

Some pics!

The white is literally almost snow white.
      [​IMG]
      My personal Inkling is a white one and I am really psyched!

Here are the two skintones together:
      [​IMG]

And here are just some pics of all the plates.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

13. Brrr, it's cold here!

I've been painting and working on cleaning up the dolls to prepare them to send. The casting is very nice, but there are a few touch-ups that I'm finding I need to do to each doll before they're ready to go.

The first 9 orders are finished - 32 faceplates painted and 10 bodies ready to go! :) I just need to wait for their eyes, then I can pack them up and send them out next week!

Here are a few pictures. This one is big, but it shows all ten dolls' faces. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I wish I'd ordered my Spampy wardrobe earlier. Why did I wait? Stupid. Now poor Ribsy is going to have to schlep around in Bratz crap till her designer togs come.

I can't believe she'll actually be here next week. Amazing!

We need to start a database!!

15. My Spampy stuff came yesterday. :)

16. Very good to know. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to do what I want (Starling, but with the busty torso) without having to literally buy and have two dolls. I don't think I could afford that price. Thanks for getting back to us and clearing that up. Please let us know once the factory tells you what is possible. Because if at all possible, I would kill to buy a D-cup Starling without having to work a split with people. <3<3<3

17. Got my shipping notice too! Itd be interesting to see what order they arrive in. Thats great news about Starling and Darkling, hope Starling behaves herself for her next cast!