1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Inkling discussion part 1

Oct 22, 2010

1. My Spampy stuff was sitting in my room for awhile now. Can't wait to take photos when she arrives. Though still do not have a proper wig for her

2. :DWell...I am towards the end of the orders, but I can't wait til Inkling comes home!!! I will need a starling face plate now that I know they will be able to swap!!!

:|and...I can't wait to see everyone's pix, and with the Spampy stuff, also!!! Jennifer is AWESOME, and her pix with the super -cute clothes killed me!!!

Take care and enjoy your weekend everyone!!!

:aheartbeaEJ

3. I have to work on Monday and Tuesday, and it will be dark by the time I get home. But I'll try to get box opening photos anyway. They won't be great, but they will be SO full of love!

4. Lying in wait for Starling to be available for orders, myself.

5. I spent the day packing up dolls! Almost all the dolls have been packed up, I'll print postage tomorrow and hopefully all the dolls that have been paid off will be out the door on Monday. :)

I never posted pics of the other faceplates...

10-23 all together
      (Some closeups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

And then 24-33... (Some closeups again 1, 2, 3)

6. squeee, they are so pretty! I love the one with the black eye!

I really hope they will let you do just faceplates for the starling! she is just wonderfull, and I dont want to miss out on her face just cause I am mostly broke! I will just have to hunt down a body later :)

I will be getting my Inkling later in the month, but am so excited! squee!

7. Aaargh, I saw mine! I'm just sick with excitement, this is so cool! :D It's so great to see all the care and attention going into things, thrilling! :)

.hlp

8. Every Single One of them has SO much personality. And they're all entirely individual. It's amazing.

9. Every time I look, I see a different detail or aspect. Those FP all together are very special pictures as are all the pictures detailing her evolution. Thank you SO much for opening your studio to us this way, fascinating stuff I have never gotten to see in detail in the doll world!

10. Bwahaha the black eye on #26 is just priceless!!!!

I have a shipping notification!!! LOL - I deleted it as SPAM (I get fake USPS notifications ALL the time) and just re-checked it hehehe sooooooo excited right now!!! I desperately need to get another wig though!!!

11. Yay, I got to see mine and her faceups are some of my favorites from among all the Inklings. I love her dark brows and the bit of color on her eyelids.

I was wondering if we'd get pictures of the last batch with all them being prepared for shipping. I'm so pleased to see pics in advance. There's so much variety in the faceups that it's nice to know what my girl looks like. It makes me even more excited for her to arrive.

If she gets here by Thursday, I'll be taking her to a doll meet this weekend. I really need to get moving on clothes and a wig.

12. Thank you thank you thank you ..my girls is perfect. So much personality. The black eye I asked for is wonderful just as I wanted. Do you have any more face plates available? She is going to be my quirky burlesque dancer. I have clothes commissioned. I can not wait until she is home. Oh I also plan to purchase the full trio. I am so impressed at how far you've come. Keep up all the wonderful work and try not to stres the mold will work in time. We all know how the molding process hate cold and moisture. Two things the.winter months are know for. Smile.

13. Spent another day packing up dolls... pretty much everyone should have a shipping notice now. :)

[​IMG]

I painted a few stragglers today - my own girl, an order that I realized I did wrong before (they wanted the default and I'd done it artist's choice), and a late decider. In general, I think Inkling tends to look better with lips that aren't defined too sharply with the color... so I may redo mine later (mine is the black and pink lipped one). I really love the white resin!

I hope we have some arrivals tomorrow! :aheartbea

14. I rather like how those lips look, Aimee.

15. You have painted them all? Wow! So just the stray Inklings left in your place now? I have to say thats fast work and its so nice that you documented them all, it really made it help the time go by and it was very intimate, thank you!

16. Okay, all of the packages have shipped. :) Here's to hoping that all Inklings arrive safely and quickly!

Oh... And the dolls weren't packed with their eyes in. The eyes are separate with a little square of sticky tac, and they can be found in a little plastic bag inside the carry bag. I have to confess that I'm really awful at putting eyes in dolls in general... So if I had put all of the Inkling eyes in, the dolls would have taken an extra week to ship! :sweat

Please also keep in mind that Inkling is proportionately small all over, so some of the walls of her joints are more fragile than on a big doll due to thickness. She's not super breakable, but it's just something to keep in mind!

Thanks for your patience with my first release! It's been a lot of work with a huge learning curve! I'm happily working on Starling and making some changes to the jointing on the knees before the next release. :)

17. *HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE*

Congratulations Aimee - such finesse!!! I cant wait for my second baby to arrive - and for everyone else.... I hope you have as much fun with yours as I did when Bic first arrived!!

18. I really like the faceup of mine. She has a beauty mark in my favorite spot.

Armeleia love how you did the stray inklings. I like the defined lips but the light barely the blue goes well with the white skin.

19. I came home today to my own little inkling! What a wonderful surprise!!! She is just lovely and I can't wait to get her some clothes togeather. Right now shes just sitting here in my hand quirky as can be.

20. And I just got home from work to find the peach coloured slip in the mail box telling me that I missed out on having my girl Ribsy home tonight >.< I'm setting the alarm clock so I can hit the post office to collect her on my way to work in the morning.

Tonight I'll set up the Illuma Room and get her little home ready for her.

At least it's something to do to keep me home....and stop me from breaking into the post office. I look horrible in orange jumpsuits :P