1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Inkling discussion part 1

Oct 22, 2010

1. Jescissa -- I made hair for my Inkling, Petula, by gluing yarn to her scalp. I think a wig could very easily be made with a wig cap of plastic wrap wrapped tightly around the scalp, then hair applied to the cap with hot glue or something similar. Here she is in the lap of my B&G Burrysa, Araminthe, demonstrating that glued-on hair doesn't look that bad!

[​IMG]

--MW

2. Thanks, ModernWizard, it's an interesting technique! I suppose it works well if you have a specific look for your doll and don't intend on changing her.

Another possibly daft question, would Inkling be able to wear Momoko shoes? I have some Dal and Momoko-sized shoes and I've seen that Inklings have been wearing Barbie shoes. I'm curious whether Inkling might be able to share these dolls' shoes too.

3. If you're talking about the molded rubber Momoko shoes, yes and no! I dug out my Momoko shoes and gave it a try.

Any shoe with a significant heel is going to be a crapshoot--any given pair might work, but the ones with heels seem to be either too large, too heel-y for her flat-positioned feet, or just... odd. However, the little ballet flats/ribbon pumps are actually a really good fit, which leads me to believe that most flat-soled Momoko shoes would do pretty well.

4. I'm loving this thread! Everyone's girls look so cute! :D

I wanted to order an inkling so badly and I'm kicking myself now for not just doing it! hahaha
      Will there ever be another order period for her???
      If not, I might just have to go for Starling when she's in production ;)

5. I should be getting my Inkling in the next couple of days! I think Im going to be very surprised about her size when she arrives.

6. I made a wig pattern for Inkling. :) It works pretty well with both mohair and and craft fur... though of the test wigs I made, the craft fur was a little better.

The pattern is here: Pattern!
      Tell your printer to print it at 300 dpi and it SHOULD print out the right size. The image size should be 4 inches vertically. (The graphic, not just the wig part)

The hair should go toward the back of the wig.

If you do it with mohair, after the highlighted parts are sewn you can just roll back the edge and use superglue rather than hemming. It's a lot quicker!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. A shot of Bond.She's so cute.
      It took me 3 tries to make her wig. This one was actually a failure. But you can't tell here.

[​IMG]

8. Oh, wow, that's a beautiful shot, Cathy! I love the expression you've managed to capture. (And her eyes are gorgeous, too!)

9. Aimee~ I love the photo of your black wigged girl. Thanks so much for the pattern.

Cathy ~ Bond is heavenly. Love that kimono!

10. So nice to see Inkling in such different looks! Was everyone who got their Inkling shocked by her size?

Was she smaller or bigger than you imagined?

11. :DAimee, thank you so much for the pattern!!! Since I have taken pix of my Inklings, I was actually brave enough to put some stitches/modify my Leeke wigs, they now fit perfectly. I look forward to trying this pattern out, though...Your girls/pix are so lovely!!!

:aheartbeaCathyM, I LOVE your Bond/pik...she is so beautiful, and that wig is very pretty. It is hard to imagine that with all of her detail, she is such a tiny thing...AMAZING!!! What an amazingly beautiful kimono!!!

EJ

12. Thanks all.
      The kimono actually belongs to Mango, my Pukifee. So it's too short for Bond. But in that pics, you can't tell :lol:

13. I'm not the only one who has a inkling running around in pukifee borrowed clothes!

14. Drat, peach! I would definitely need a white. Please keep us updated when you know whether it will be possible to pre-order a bit mix-and-match when Starling comes out, so it's possible to get her in a large bust. Or heck, just keep us updated on Starling in general, honestly. <3

15. Soooooo tempting, but I am saving my pennies and holding out for a full-face-set Starling...

16. I got my Inkling (Number six) today at last! At first I was so unsure because of her size but we have bonded as I cut out some clothes for her. She reminds me of another doll i used to have when I was small...maybe an action figure, she feels very familiar...
      I love how sturdy she is, her resin is very good quality stuff, I thought she would be very flimsy like a Banji but shes tough stuff! I look forward to having her in my bag on journeys and I have already taken some photos of her.
      Here as a reference for some is a picture of her with my Notdoll Pandora and Soom Mini Gem. I think her default face will be the angry one. I havent come up with a name yet...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

17. She is tough and solid. I love that about her. And I think that she's going to be a perfect doll to have in one's pocket, especially in sad or tough times. You'd reach down and feel a real presence there and be comforted.

18. thought i might pop this in here as i don't recall seeing this brand of clothing mentioned yet...... my Inkling is wearing an outfit by Heidi Ott for 1:12 sized dolls. it fits her fairly well. i'm not quite sure what size the shoes are, perhaps Lati white sized? there a tad small for Lati yellow, and a bit big for puki, but they fit Inkling perfectly...... isn't she the stern little Victorian lady?

[​IMG]

19. She looks excellent! Where did you get the clothes from?

20. thank you....... i got the outfit on ebay...... i just put in a search for Heidi Ott 1:12. i like that a lot of the styles for this size are for mature ladies..... i think they suit Inkling's grown up physique.