1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant/Quick BJD Family

Apr 4, 2007

1. NM, delete please

2. I am very lucky to have a good job so that I'm able to afford all of my dolls. :)

I got my first boy, Lexx, in March 2006. It's now April 2007 and I currently have 8 complete dolls and 14 heads, making a grand total of 22. *_* In one year!

:sweat

3. Well after I got my first one it was kinda fast.

Got into dolls about two years ago. Bought a doll head back in Jan. Bought another one in March and working on another right now lol.

4. Nope, to fast for my tastes though I could have easily done it. I prefer spacing them apart so I have time to spend with each new doll (its a very crucial time for their characters development).

Sera~

5. Heh heh. It's been...slightly under a year for me. I think next month might be when I began collecting. Now number nine arrived just last week, and number ten should be here tomorrow.

That's not even counting the various floating heads I'll have laying around. lol

I'd originally told myself, "They're so expensive! I'll order one. Just one!" But then he arrived, and I thought, well, he has to have a girlfriend, doesn't he? Just two, and no more!

But it seems that with each one I buy, the cost of them seems to matter less and less to me...

No wonder I'm perpetually broke. It's an addiction, I tell you! An addiction! lol

6. Oh god, I wish! @____@;; If I had the money, I totally would, and as it is I did get some very expensive dolls in a short period of time, so I can't complain.

I ordered my first boy, an FCS F-09 MSD from Volks, in March, and got him in early June '06
      I worked all summer at a dog groomer's and made a large sum of money XD; Then I went to the LA Teaparty in mid-August '06, and frittered it all away on a gorgeous F-08 one-off.
      I decided I couldn't handle the stress of keeping a one-off's faceup pristine and traded him for a CP WooSoo around September '06
      I aquired a number of heads/dolls between September and December. Most notably: a sleeping Breakaway, an open-eyed Chiwoo, and a DoC U.
      I sold off my WooSoo head and the Breakaway head around November '06. I kept the Chiwoo head (now Henry, my zombie mod) and put it on the WooSoo's body.
      I traded the DoC U to a friend for her R-Asiam (now my boy Israfil) in December '06, which is ironic, since the R-Asiam's name used to be December :B
      And then in February/March '07, I sold Henry's boy body and bought him a girl Delf body... XD
      As of April 1st, I have a K-Doll Karon on the way :3

So that's a lot of dolls in the span of a year, even though I didn't keep them all... XD

7. I bought my first doll within a month of getting into this hobby after an unexpected windfall of money. 2 months later, I bought my second. And 2 months after that, I had a third. This year, I've bought 1 head and 2 complete dolls... and I'll be getting my floating head his own body in late June/early July. Every 2 months or so I seem to get a new one. :sweat (Admittedly, I sold my second doll and that helped fund one of the dolls I bought this year.)

This is all much, much faster than I ever intended, but that's just the way it happened. ;)

8. Let's see... I had been somewhat interested in BJDs for a while before I got my first, but ... They still managed to come home pretty quickly once I got started!

October 2006 - bought Luka from Junkyspot
      November 2006 - started paying for Shay
      December 2006 - finished paying for/ordered Shay, and bought Cole
      February 2007 - bought Dorian

So that's what... something like 6 months now? And I'm up to 4. @.@ No telling what the future will bring, but I've already got plans to bring Jeffrey home sometime over the summer, and hopefully the twins' little sister, too. So much for the "just one" plan!

9. They're addictive, aren't they? D: Don't worry, you aren't alone. ._.

I started back in August of last year with my dude Faust, and I was all, "Okay, this is what I wanted, I don't need any more." That wore off after a little while and I wanted a girl for him, and also because I saw so many pretty clothes and stuff... so that happened in October. >_>;

Then I wanted a tiny, and I found Bambicrony... and I also found a Mythdoll Leroi in the marketplace that I wanted; this was in November.

In December I tried to be good, but near the end I decided I wanted to treat myself to a Christmas present I ordered my Chiwoo instead. D:>

In February I broke down and got a Shushu, and Bambicrony had to be evil and make those colored elves...Finally in March I got another Mythdoll Leroi in a fit of insanity.

So that means, I've gotten 8 dolls over 8 months. ._. I noticed I've been buying them closer and closer together, and it sort of unsettles me. I shouldn't be spending my money so...well...the way I've been spending it, but I've been very fortunate to be able to buy them without financial repercussions so far. BUT STILL! So, no more for now. Well, at least until Dollectable. >_>; I'll see what happens then.

10. My family grew pretty quick too...I've liked BJD's in general since around Christmas of 2005, when my best friend got her first one...but I never considered buying any until January this year! >.>;
      And then, at first I promised myself only one...Then that turned into two...Then that turned into two MSD's and wanting Peak's Woods Skiya more than any other...Then that turned into a total of four (planned) dolls...*_*

My timeline looks like this:
      Early January: Ordered first doll
      Early Feburary: First doll arrives (<33 ^-^)
      Feb 12th: Ordered second doll
      Mid-March: Ordered 3rd doll!! *_*
      Late March: Second doll arrives (yet to be opened though...T-T)

11. My doll family had a bit of an upsurge this past year (2006) but not all of my dolls are ABJDs, in fact only 2 of my dolls are allowed here - Samantha and Michael. In the past year my 1/6 collection has grown though from 2 to 7. o-0

12. I've gone from 0 to 7 in about a year and a half. That's a decent amount of time but I also have quite a number of dolls now. 7 is halfway a lot, huh? At least they're minis or smaller.

13. You are definitely not alone. Little did you know...once one bjd has found a good home, they invite all their friends. My Mika apparently had a LOT of friends ;)

14. 9 months 4 dolls, Down to 3 (One of them just did not fit into my family) soon to be a 3 and a head. ^_^

15. That's a terriable way to put it, but also sooo true.

-Anneke:doh

16. That's so cute! I like that way of looking at it! :D

17. june/july 2006: bought first doll/arrived
      august 2006: sold first doll/bought Takumi arrived
      feb/march 2007: bought Yumehito/arrived
      and now i am saving for my next ^^;

18. Oh yeah, you bet! I bought my first two at the same time! Then I sold them, bought two more, then a third and now a fourth! And I'm planning on hopefully a Unoa B-El and Lusis! Oh boy...

19. In August 2006 my first doll arrived and in March 2007 my second doll arrived. I hope my third doll will arrive in May or June 2007. :D

20. I'm about as bad. I got my 1st doll at the end of January; as of today, 5 dolls, one head and a body on the way. As with you, it isn't just the doll...it's all the EXTRAS!! I may take a break for a while, or not, just depends on what comes available, or catches my interest!!