1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant/Quick BJD Family

Apr 4, 2007

1. In almost a year of collecting (I received my first doll May 2nd, 2006), I already have 8 complete dolls and 3 heads ^_^;;;
      Not long after Ophélie, my Tender Shall, had arrived last year, I ordered Madison (CP El) and he arrived before the end of May.

Then I bought Will (CP Woosoo vampire head) in July/August, and when CP Harang came out I bought one, but sold his head a bit later, because he didn't match the character I had planned out for him.

The next one to come was Caleb (Elf Ducan fullset) that I received at the end of September.

I bought Santeria (Lishe-SS mod boy) in October, but I still don't have him, since he's out for his face-up.

Then in November came 13 (CP Woosoo) and I also bought Seth's head (CP Breakaway-SS mod) from Morbidollz. And I think it was your Breakaway head, Celebare!

In early December arrived an El-SS head that was meant for Lautréamont, but changed personalities to be Ether.

After I learned that there wouldn't be any K-Doll pre-orders in February, i started searching for an SP Kill_U head and a few days later I got Preacher ^__^

I bought bodies throughout all this time (but I still need 3 more >_>;; ) and an M head that I ended up selling, since he didn't fit in the family...

I'm stopping after these three bodies....I'm serious! The crew has gotten a lot larger than expected >.>

2. First doll August 2006 (AR LF Jade)

First head October 2006 (DZ Xi)

Second head November2006 (DoC Bee-A)

Body for one head March 2007 (it was for the Bee-A, but my Xi won it now^^;)

Planning for girl April 2007 (practically bought too, but replanning mold

3. I second that. D:

4. I'm not even close.

November 16 - Dashiell (El)
      April 2 - Theiarry (dreaming shiwoo)

Now as me how frequent my massive clothing purchases are. That's a completely different story.

5. May last year I got Kayin (DZ Megi) from change on ebay then I got Astoroth (CP MNF El) in December along with Evlin (CP Juri '06) then in February this year I got Jien (Bobobie Eric). It seems pretty slow going for me. I want to get a certain girl that I saw for my easter present and I'll probably get one for my birthday and one for X-mas, I'm not sure yet.

6. I bought three in seven months (May '06, August '06, December '06) thanks to various windfalls. Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm going to do with these extra floating heads!

7. I've been eyeing ball jointed dolls for years and stalking here for the same but it's funny how once you get one they're like pringles one isn't enough.

I started in June of last year:

I went from 0 -9 since then and I have two on layaway

8. Heh,my dolls happened quite quick too. In the autumn saw Japanorama,got excited about BJD's.And now in March three arrived on the same day! :sweat
      That wont happen again.Normally I could hardly afford one,but some exciting things happened. :lol:

9. Got into BJDs October, got a couple of heads, sold one, before December. Got two full dolls December. Got three of my SDs in Jan and Feb. Sold the first two full dolls and the other head. Bought and sold a third head

So, so far I have acquired: Three heads, Three SDs, Two MSDs. In Six months.

Sold: Three heads, Two MSDs. I'm kinda thinking the selling part goes with the territory until you really figure out what you like.

Oh, and I've got more on the way... o_0

10. My ideal doll family has 4 members. =) Considering that I got into BJDs in the beginning of October, spent a week telling myself not to get one, then spent another week deciding which one to get, I consider that I built up my doll family rather quickly:

October 2006
      - El SS (sold in April, though his heads are still with me)
      December 2006 - Elfdoll Ryung (ordered in Nov)
      April 2007 - Elfdoll K (ordered in Feb)

If I can continue saving at the rate that I do, I might be expecting Lishe in May 2007. It'll be much more difficult to get Hound to complete my last member, however, as I won't be receiving pay in USD anymore after I go back home after graduation~ But such is life. ^^

11. Not alone at all.

0 to 60 in 5 seconds... no, wait, that's a car commercial.

0 to 27 in 9 months, though, that's for real :)

12. Heh, I held off as long as I did because I knew the instant I got one, I'd want a whooole lot more. :D

2002/3? - Saw dollfies at AX, thought they were really spiffy.
      2005 - Continued to see dollfies at every AX, thought they were too pricey.
      2006 - Saw a Yukinojo and decided to go for it, I wanted a guy doll (but not Yuki, too expensive)

December 2006 - Order Weros
      Early January - Weros (head only) gets here
      January 2007 - Order Mikelandros
      Late January - Mikel gets here (full doll)
      Early Feb. - Order Kasada
      Early March - Order an Ophelia for Weros' body
      Early March - Kasada gets here (head only)
      Mid March - Order Gaia
      5 days later - Gaia gets here (full doll)

Now - Still waiting on Ophelia. If I like her head, I may buy another body for her.

So yeah:

2 full dolls, 2 heads. Soon to be 3 full dolls, 2 heads. :D

Yeah, I'm screwed. :)

~Anrui

13. Well, I was doing good and averaging 1.25 dolls per year >.< but I just recently aquired my 5th ::sigh:: I've been at it since Jan of 04, and I now have 5. I much prefer to space them out and have time to lavish love on them. It helps that there aren't a whole lot of dolls that scream BUY ME! *_~

14. My doll plans got a bit interrupted and sped up a bit more quickly largely due to my girl. Today is my one year anniversary of my first doll, and I have what I consider the main cast of four already completed.

April 2006 - After a spot of good luck money-wise, I break down and order Coal
      August - Order my FCS Yuu
      Late October - Order Jini's head as I hear her mold is being discontinued
      November - Order Jini her body, both head and body are at parents house so I actually got to put her together the day before I picked Yuu up
      Early January 2007 - Split a Sarah for the head for Buttons
      February - Order and recieve Buttons's body from Y!J

15. I liked them for a long time before I ever got one, but I didn't know much about them. Then I finally took the plunge after at least a year. For the first year, I only had one, and almost exactly a year from when she arrived, I got my second, and then in that same year (last year), I got 4 other dolls. Then this year I've already gotten two, and I'm waiting on a head and saving for a body for it.

16. --

#56 Devil's Trill, Apr 4, 2007
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    17. Decemer '06 Bought Dollshe Bernard
      January '07 Bought KK Poppy
      February '07 Took Month off
      March '07 Bought Iplehouse Silvia
      April '07 Bought Somm Sabik
      May '07 Take Month off

... Hmm I think I see a pattern! LOL! 4 more 'planned' dolls to go!

18. June 06 - Got interested in BJDs
      October 06 - Recieved KD Ani
      December 06 - Received CP El
      March 07 - Received CP Elf Chiwoos

.. and NOW I'm struggling with whether or not to buy a K-doll Karon O.o

19. Started collecting 21 months ago...and on average have bought 1.15 dolls a month...:sweat but I'm just about done...I hope...:sweat...and I swore I was just buying one...;)

20. Hayden in september... Vin in December, and Eiji too... he was sold in jan though... and I bought Keeny- who was sold about three weeks later to buy a body for Vin... AND... That's about when I quit my job.