1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant/Quick BJD Family

Apr 4, 2007

1. Ha ha ha ha, so I'm not alone???

August 2006 - First doll, my DoC T.Bee-A Janet
      September 2006 - Fullset Shall
      February 2007 - DoT Homme Ducan
      April 2007 - Tan El

2. I got both of my two within a year - but this year I'm supposed to take a doll moratorium because I want to go to SW Celebration IV. I'm actually kind of lucky that my hobby money was curtailed last year - the year before when I was into Barbie and other 1/6 I was spending 100$ a week on doll and craft stuff. If I'd been doing that in 2006 there would have been a serious resin-population explosion especially since so many cheap cute minis and tinies came out last year.

~Eppie

3. *blushes heavily* :sweat

I've been into BJD for awhile before I bought my first one. I'm gonna post by dates of receive.
      09-09-06 CP Cyber Bohiman Shiwoo
      10-31-06 CH Temptation Cebee
      12-14-06 CP El
      12-23-06 DOD Homme Ducan, Sha.
      12-25-06 DOD Homme Kirill
      01-19-06 DOD Elf Ducan
      01-28-07 CP Perennis Lishe
      02-02-07 Dollmore Pabianne Hwi Ki
      03-10-07 CP Garuda Chiwoo
      03-23-07 CP Atlack Nacha El
      04-03-07 CP Chiwoo, DOD Tender Too, DOD Twing Key

Plus one more doll the way (will be shipped tomorrow)

From 0-15 within 7 months.

4. Ok, I'm a total pig but in 8 months I went from 0 to 30 plus all the goodies that go with them. Thank goodness I've had lots of other dolls & stuff to sell. There are still 4 more on my wishlist but I think I'll take some time acquiring them. Many, many other dolls have to leave home first.

5. Eheh...

Feb-Bailey arrives
      March- ordered Dutch; Dutch Arrives
      May - Sorrel is bought and comes home
      July - Marzipan is bought and comes home
      August - Ordered Camille (although he didn't get here until December! :...( )

And then my student loan repayment started. So... yeah.

My parents only know about three of them!

Much more conservative this year! :O

6. I started out with an instant family. XD

End of August- Orders T.Too and Bee-A
      October- (before the other even arrive...) Buys El heads and then the next week my little ones arrived

Since then, I've slowed down considerably, though I still ended up with 8 over the course of a year and a half.

7. I went from 0 to 9+ in less than a year--half of whom were acquired in Jan/Feb :sweat I'd like to think I was approaching a limit, but I've said that before *lol* SO no you're not alone here ^_^

May '06 - 1st boy (Naioki)
      July '06 - 2nd Boy (Aspen)
      Oct '06 - 3rd & 4th boys (Taji & Rowen)
      Dec '06 - 5th boy (Jaden)
      Jan '07 - 6th boy (Lachlan)
      Feb '07 - 1st & 2nd girls (Sybilla & Malbro)
      March '07 - 7th boy (Naiomi)
      April '07 - 8th & 9th boys (floating heads Yder & Blue)
      May '07 - 10th & 11th boys (Bliss & Lloyd / sold Malbro)

8. Wow, alot have done this. Izam, wow!

-Anneke

9. I think I'm somewhat slow. XD
      May 2005: Got into BJD
      August 2005: Got my first boy (DoC Zen)
      September 2006: (Wow over a year c.c) Got my 2nd boy (Lati K)
      February 2007: Got my third boy, Keiya
      Over a course of...nearly 2 years, I got 3 dolls. Due to working for 4 months in a lousy retail outlet I can splurge on one more. x3

10. May 2005 Got into BJDs
      Oct 2005 Got my first boy
      Jan 2006 Got my second boy
      Apr 2006 Got my third boy. Second boy is now just a head.
      Oct 2006 Got my fourth boy.
      Jan 2007 Got my first girl.

11. I think I'm rather slow, compared to most ^^;;;; I got my first in october 2005, my second in januari 2006, and my third in april 2007. I have many more planned, but somehow I just didn't feel the need for a third doll after I got Sumiya, even though there are many sculpts I like. Now I have Dilly though, I'm going to try and get the family I want complete as soon as possible, and after that spoil them rotten *laughs* My goal is 8, but who knows how many years it might be until I have all of them ^^;;

12. HEY!

I resemble that remark!

I thought my ears were burning.

In my defense, it was September 7th that I bought my first ever BJDs (two a DIM Marianne and a Little Giene Lilica who informed me she was coming along too).

And um... yeah, just a hair over 30 - ish.

- Wendy

13. I started in June of last year...
      and I now have 6 complete dolls (well 7 technically but I am selling one),
      2 floating heads,
      1 doll on layaway,
      1 faceplate preordered,
      and another floating head on the way *_*

14. eee...I bought Sean and Bree at the same time (one for me and one for my daughter) in January of 2006. Then a week or so later I bought Avena/Haven's head, and in June Maeve joined our family. In...October we were joined by Trevellyan (after having bought and sold a Latidoll M). In January, I bought a body for Haven, and we were joined by Kestrel's head in February. My first tiny, Loki, arrived in March, as did an unnamed girl and my daughter's birthday gift, a DoC Bee-A. So in 15 months, we've gone from 0 to 9 personalities (I say that because three heads are without bodies). Yeah, dolly 'splosion. And I just made an offer on another doll. *headdesk*

15. It took me a year since I got my first doll, my Lune, to get another one - mostly because I was saving up to study abroad. I bought a DoC U and a School Head C, but I sold the former to buy my plane ticket here!

...and then when I got here things just exploded. I had some extra cash so I bought a body for my School C head; I'd already intended to get an FCS while I was in Japan, so I did; one of my friends bought me a MNF Shiwoo for Christmas with her Luts points (!!); I purchased a Persia head on impulse; and now I'm planning to order a doll from the CH Special Line as soon as I've secured a plane ticket home. From a doll and a head to 5 full dolls and a (new) head in under 7 months!

Now the real question is how am I going to get them home...

16. *sheepish grin while holding hand up* Yeah...Haven Way..umm had a population explosion. I blame it all on Ringo! yeah thats it!

17. Umm, in about half a year, I've managed to buy 5 SDs, 3 Tinies, and 5 heads. That's more than a doll a month, even without including the heads =.+ ...though I did end up selling two of my SDs, so I suppose it's not so bad? ^^;;;

I'm not that new to the hobby though, I just hadn't bought a doll till end last year (lack of funds & company sculpts I liked). I took a long time to justify spending that amount of money on a doll, but after ordering my first, it just snowballed out of control. Now it seems as though companies are releasing new dolls like mad, and I find another one that captures my heart WAY too often >.<

18. I most definitely have a quick/instant BJD Family:sweat... I can't recall the dates of each of my kids arrival (well mainly I'm just being too lazy today:sweat) But I did go from 0-17 in about a year.... Which is kind of scary when I come to think of it*_*
      ~Anthony

19. Jan 8th: Sevyn
      Feb 8th: Syren (head)
      March: Syren body, Ollie head
      April: Ollie body, Venice head

Pretty fast I guess?

20. I got my three dolls in about eight months, that's way faster than I had planned. And not to mention I was supposed to buy only one doll :| .