1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant/Quick BJD Family

Apr 4, 2007

1. my doll family is exploding faster than i thought it would. D: i only put my full dolls in my sig, but i've got quite a few heads floating around that need bodies.

i blame it on my ability to create characters faster than the speed of light!!! 8D

but really, i got my first doll in may 2006 and now, i've already got more than i would have thought possible back then. it's almost alarming.

2. I got my first doll in September of last year, and I'll be getting my second in September of this year. (Medical settlement payments fall in August, that's when I buy dolls.) My boyfriend will also be getting his first in August, so our resin family will be up to three in only a year, which is admittedly way faster than I would have thought.

3. I ordered Asherah in October, although she didn't arrive until mid-November. Cris was ordered at the beginning of November, and arrived the first week in December. I bought Fuuma's head at the beginning of January and he arrived about 2-3 weeks later? My Recall head got here at the beginning of February.

Fuuma's body was ordered on March 22nd and arrived on March 30th, making him complete. And... I bought my vampy Chiwoo head a few days after, and he should arrive within the next few days. Am waffling between a Luts boy body or a Domuya body for him.

So... 0 dolls to 3 complete dolls + 3 floating heads in six months?

4. Well, let's see... I was exposed to bjd's in February of this year. I bought my first Obitsu Marrone a week later, an Obitsu 23cm girl & 4 heads the following week, and the week after that I purchased my RanD Angel Karen.

I never expected to be able to purchase any bjd for a long time, but I happened to sell an item on eBay for much more than I expected, so I treated myself.

Now, it's happened again... I have alittle more $$ than I was expecting, so do I save it and buy a Dollzone Demi?? or do I buy Hannah another friend (possibly a boyfriend) from RanD - plus come cool outfits??? Hmmmm....

After this, however, unless I sell some more of my stuff from storage OR find another outlet for my craft items, I'll have to wait awhile. (Maybe I should sell one of the chinchillas... nah... I'll wait!)

But they say, waiting makes the heart grow fonder.... ????

5. I bought Aleksei after searching for the perfect doll for about a month..... and vowed that I would stop at her and spoil her to no end. But about a month later, I started looking for another doll..... and boughht him XD So I bought my first two dolls in about 2 months time @_@

6. *guilty*
      suprisingly i got 3 dolls withing the year...i'm gonna stop now >_<

7. I definitely got my dolls really quickly! I was surprised when it finally sunk in!

October 27-Held a dollfie for the first time at Onicon, fell in love with them
      October 30th-Ordered Volks obitsu for my girlfriend
      November 1st-Ordered Kyle
      November 21st-Kyle Arrives
      Feb. 5th-Ordered T.Too Saku and T. Bee-A Sakura (after getting back from an anime con ^^; )
      March 20th-Saku and Sakura arrive

Basically about four months ^^; My girlfriend had been into them for about two years while I was kinda like: Ehhh....that's expensive for a doll. But thanks to holding one at Onicon I found myself in love with them and quickly had a happy family ^^

8. I had set out with the intention of getting Chris and Lucas at the same time, but after posting a WTB thread in the marketplace, I found Chris first. Then I went ahead two weeks later and ordered Lucas directly from the Elfdoll site. So within one mothn I had two dolls. XD

I have four dolls left on my wishlist, but hopefully I won't order them so close together like that! *_*

9. Hmm... I just got into dollies at the end of last year (However, I knew about them before). XD I don't have a ton of dollies, but I did grow from 0 to 4 in about 1/2 a year. And I'm young, and don't have a job. >.<; I can only hope my family will grow! lol @_@ Ayways, lets see about arrival dates...

Novemeber 13th, 2006 - Yuki (DOC Too) arrives.
      December 10th, 2006 - Ichi (DOC H. Ivan) arrives. (I didn't get to open him untill Christmas though. ;_; )
      Valentine's day, 2007 - Kyu (Human Wishel boy) arrives.
      May 27th, 2007 - Marius (DZ Mo) arrives.

10. I just got into BJDs early March and decided on buying a PW Morimoth. While waiting for Morrigan to come home, I fell in love with Sooah and bought her as well. Now they're both coming home this week and I have two sisters in the span of one month. My first BJDs are sisters and I plan on two more sets of sisters in the future.

I've got a wishlist that's always expanding but I'm not going to buy anything until next year- at least I hope. *I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...*

11. ah... mine took a while - lesse. I found out about BJDs years and years before I got my first one. It was alot of me staring at all the pretty pictures and wishing I could afford one of them but never believing I would. By the time 2003 came around I'd finally gotten enough and it all went from there.

Feb 2003: put in order to Crescent shopping service for new makeup Megu - received her exactly 2 weeks later [feb 14th to be exact]
      Feb 2005 - was able to buy Jun - ordered at the very end of Jan from Domuya [Luts was still in the structuring their site stages], received him on Feb 1st.
      March 2005 - thought the Leeke Honey's were the cutest thing ever and since they were so small and alot cheaper I got Kimiko. I had her for only a few months before selling her to a very good home after I found myself not really playing with her the way I did Jun and Megumi.
      Oct 2005 Sometime in May 05 I kept looking at all of IeC Bullet's F29's and it made me want an F29 FCS to be Jenova's headmold - I put a wtb in market place for a head. Thanks to a friend, was able to attain a BW FCS from Y!J. I spent 6 months paying him off - doing commission sewing jobs non stop to get him paid. Finished last payment a little past the beginning of Oct and received him on the 20th.
      Dec 05/Jan 2006 - In Dec of 05 after a bit of back and forth on whether or not I could even like the El headmold [which at that time, I did not] and whether or not the El headmold would work for Fuan. I bought an El head in the Marketplace. Once I finally got him and restored his face [he had alot of scratching issues] it was instant love and my Diva found his face. In Jan, a friend of mine was selling her El due to bonding issues and I bought him so Fuan would have a body, thinking that I'd sell the extra head to gain monies for Fanuel [who at that time was planned as a Tanning El]
      Feb 2006 - I decided to take the extra head out and practice scarring so I'd be prepared when I was able to get Fanuel - but the instant his faceup was done - my snarky Angel was reinvented as a white skin like his brother. [so at that time he was still only a head] - I also bought [after a month or two of layaway] a Catsy because she was so cute and perfect for the character of Kyoko [who was originally going to be an AR Dana girl, but once I did Kyoko's faceup and wig, her story was changed slightly to remain a catsy] I had her for only a month before I sold her, again finding myself having issues with her size and durability.
      March 2006 - Got Fanuel's body due to pure luck and a really great fellow DoA member selling it at a price I couldn't pass up <-- while allowing me to do layway.
      June 2006 - the MNF Shiwoos were released and Hesue found his headmold almost instantly [and he arrived on 6.6.06 ironically -haha]
      Aug 2006 - Shura's head was bought and modded - Nine's head was given to me a gift from a friend =3
      Dec 2006 - finally finished paying off Shura's body [still need to do mods] - handed Nine over to the hubby [who still hasn't bought him a body]
      Jan 2007 - Bought Saiyuri's head <3 [she still doesn't have a body though]

and there's one more in the works... sort of - but I guess my busiest time was in 06 when I got alot of the crew. I still have to get Saiyuri a body so she's not complete yet, Shura needs his mods so until he gets them, not complete. It's taken me years to get my crew - over 3 years from the first time I even saw dollfies back before you could get them in the US without a shopping service [hence Megumi having to be ordered through one] and then 2 more just to get my second - Jun, another year for the others and alot of paying them off over a period of time, so no where near an insta family for me -^^;

12. It's been almost two years since I got into BJDs and I'm about to order my sixth. I'd probably have even more if I had the money :lol:

13. I got my first doll 1 year and 4 months ago (Dec. 2005). Now I have 8 dolls. That means, one about every other month.. :sweat
      Now I'm definitely slowing down. Yes, I have to! *_*

14. 2001: Found out about Volks.
      2002-2004: Pined!
      2005: Discovered that Volks was not the only BJD manufacturer. Got a job and decided what the hell, I'd been wanting a dollfie for so long, and with a steady cash flow there was no reason not to put money aside for one.
      2006: "One" turned out to be more like "four." D:
      2007: Now I'm more focused not on buying new dolls, but on fleshing out the ones I've got. Hopefully there will be no more dolls for me for a while.

15. I still love this thread, as I fall in love with more dolls. I found one I MUST have and he's limited and I'll cry if I don't get him. But I promised myself I would wait. I just hope waiting doesn't cost me. Then my parents are evil and hand me info on a second annuity fund I have...but that should go for a car later. (sigh)

-Anneke

16. Oh phew, I'm definitely not the only one who has had a very quick growth of my BJD family. I've gone from 0-12 full dolls in about a year, and I also have a lot of heads that just have to share bodies with others. I've definitely slowed down though; my last ones were the Bambicrony elves and the Elf Chiwoo, and now I'm not buying anyone until my birthday in June.

17. I got my first full doll in January, a head about a month or so ago, and my second full doll was purchased just a few days ago. And that'll be it for a while. :sweat

18. OK, so, not really an insta-family. Probably middle of the road for me.

April 2005 - Kelyn arrives (#1)
      August 2005 - Aneirin arrives (#2)
      November 2005 - Taliesin's head (#3)
      April 2006 - Taliesin's body gets to me & Keitaro arrives (#4)
      August 2006 - Seine arrives (#5)
      February 2007 - Iolari (#6) and Lonan (#7) & Seeress' head (#8 )

Erm, so...Seven complete in not quite two years. And I never intended on having this many. Trust me.

19. I buy about one doll a year, howeve rthis year... looks like two is the number....

20. Well it took me a good 3 years to save up for just one, because back then I wasn't even old enough for a part-time job. >.<;; But those with better resources etc are able to build a family quickly. ^ ^;;