1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant/Quick BJD Family

Apr 4, 2007

1. I waited a whole year after getting my first head to get my second whole doll (got the body for my k-doll kill-u sp about 6 months after the head).

However I have 4 faceplates on the way and plan to get at least one other doll this year. I don't consider this to be quick at all.

2. I had only planned on two dolls - SD Shuichi and SD Eiri, based on the manga and anime, Gravitation. I wanted them as models for my drawings.

I searched for about a month before selecting my first doll. I looked at the various joints and searched for dolls with good elbow joints for posing.

April 4, 2006: Shindô Shuichi (Iplehouse Soo Ri fullset 1) arrives. I almost instantly LOVED this beautiful boy!

I could not find any good dolls tall enough to go with a 63cm guy so I just looked around more and more, searching for Eiri.

May 14, 2006: Sôma Hatori (Orientdoll Tae Special) arrives. This new company had some nice looking dolls. He looked just like the Fruits Basket character in the photos, he was small and he was a great price. I loved his mature look and knew I had to have him.

May 24, 2006: Chikara (Dollzone Megi) arrives. When I first saw this new doll company on eBay, looked at his most unusual face and saw the great price, I knew I had to have him. He is wonderful, and my best poser.

I kept shopping for Eiri. Dollshe kept introducing new heads and each one had positive and negative attributes.

Then Dollzone came out with the Mo. I knew I wanted one but I never really got around to purchasing him. Then Kurosakura modded a Mo into a kitsune and I had to have him.

September 10, 2006: Nasake (Dollzone modded Mo) arrived. He is a beautiful fox and I keep him Asian clothing all the time.

Next up - I found out one of the local doll folks, EternalSerenity, was contemplating selling her Dollshe Hound. This was a likely candidate for Eiri, so when she offered him for sale, I jumped on him. I let her keep him until the next meetup to save on shipping and to let her slowly break her bond.

October 28, 2006: Transition Legion was adopted. As someone who was only supposed to be a transitional character and eventually be turned into someone else, he has now become a character all his own and I cannot 'destroy' that wonderful person he has blossomed into - my calming influence within the Chaos Crew.

My frustration over not finding a good SD Eiri finally overflowed and I decided to look for Eiri and Shuichi in different sizes instead. I picked the MNF Shiwoo for Shuichi and the DOC Hoo for Eiri, and the Dollmore Elf Elly Banji for Eiri and the Lime for Shuichi.

December 9, 2006: Chibi Eiri (Dollmore Elf Elly Banji) and Chibi Shuichi (Dollmore Elf Elly Lime) arrived and were opened at a meetup. I adore the Chibs! They are a blast to play with and pose!

The next doll was completely unplanned. We were shocked to find out we had won the US/Canada/Europe Dollzone photostory contest and got a doll, clothing, boots and wig.

February 16, 2007: Kane (Dollzone Recall limited fullset) arrived. My made the request to paint him like Eiri and they did a smashingly nice faceup, but he was not Eiri. I decided that was fine and his character slowly came into being.

Today, I just got notice my winged vampire OD So Ye is at the post office.

And last night I FINALLY ordered EIRI!!! He will be the new Dollmore Model Doll Haneol Moon.

The Hoo and the Shiwoo will have to wait for a while.

So I seem to get dolls in spurts.

3. Yes, i guess I did the same^^
      lilly laidoll(october 4)--- sold in november
      DES (october 17)
      kid delf Ani (mid november) sold April '07
      Tan Lishe (december 26)
      Soony (Feb 09)
      VDES head (march 24)
      sleeping Lishe head (april 4)
      Juri 05 (april ??)

4. I didn't quite do it this fast, but within a year I've gone from 1 to 5 and 3 extra heads XD
      Got my First EL special, Jan 2006 (Juri 05)
      Got the ELss a body, April 2006
      Got Yder in May 2006
      Got MNF Shiwoo August 2006 (Nanuri)
      Got DS Hound Christmas 2006 (Juri 06)
      Then just received my Lishe in end of March 2007

And I'm already planning for more XD worked out a total of 4-5 grand more to complete my doll family. Will it might be more, don't know what other mold will strike my fancy.

5. My first one arrived on june, the next one, on august; the next one, over september; the other, november; my lishe got here on november too, and the next ones came on february and then, until november no one entered home. I sold someones of the above mentioned.

6. Now I have a THIRD doll on order. Someone has got to stop me... wait..no... I like my dolls!

-Anneke

7. April 2007--Decided to start looking into BJDs.

April 16, 2007--Fell in love with Tender E-an and bought her!

So I've only been 'into' BJDs for maybe a week and I've already started my family. :dance

Now to just wait until she arrives... :|

8. My timeline went something like this:

Sometime in 2003 (I think): Got interested in BJDs.
      Two hours later: Discovered the price and decided that they were not for me, after all, and that I would just admire them from afar.

October 2005: Well, maybe just one doll... Just the one. I bought my first doll on Ebay, an AR GA Ami that I named Dahlia.
      November 2005: Yeah... That resolve to have only one doll sure lasted long. I ordered Dawn, a Soulkid Tiffee, in Souldoll's UFK sale.

A long period of being unemployed didn't allow me to buy any more dolls for a while, otherwise my doll family would probably have grown at an alarming rate!

September 2006: babytarragon sold her Happydoll Huey, and I couldn't resist his cute little face. Hence Darius came home.
      November 2006: D-ANNE finished her first tiny, Tiny Mero, and she was adorable and just the right size to be a doll for my dolls, and so I brought Berry home.
      December 2006:After buying Darius and Berry, I'd told myself that I wouldn't buy any new dolls for at least a couple of months. Then a Domadoll Kkotmu came up for sale in a german doll forum, though, and that doll had been on my wishlist for quite a while. This was my one chance to buy her without having to pay the horrenduous customs and import fees, so Day arrived here much sooner than planned.

January 2007: After a long period of becoming increasingly disenchanted with Dahlia, I finally decided to sell her to fund the purchase of Mathilda, a limited BC Sisley.
      April 2007: batchix launched Dark Castle Dolls and started selling her Timmian dolls. I'd originally planned to buy a whole doll from her, but for financial reasons, I finally opted to just buy the head and get a body for him from within Europe later.
      Still April 2007: Two dolls in a month... A new record! I bought a TTory on Ebay on impulse.

9. my first doll was in december my second hopefuly soon.......

~Kat

10. bjd families definitely happen a bit faster than you plan! i started 9 months ago checking into them, quickly ordered 3 standard dolls, and then had a chance to get a sold out spec i had really wanted. well, i could not pass on her- what if it never came my way again? then new irresistible specs came along, and i was happy for layaway!! so they definitely multiply quickly, and are so much fun!

11. May 05- Got into dolls
      Oct 06-Got first
      March 07- Got 2nd and third

12. About 4 months, from 1 in November to 5 by February and working on more!

13. I must have the best self-control when it comes to spending money... *__*

August 2005 - ordered and bought my first ever bjd from DoD

...and umm... that's it. Although I really want a bf Sarang/msd mika, LE midori or SDC Arashi though T__T; ...and a YO-SD, a f-16/28 etc. etc.

14. There was space between my first and second because I was searching in vain for an Elfdoll Dodo. When Elfdoll Lyn came out I decided to preorder her because she looked the closest to Dodo, and shortly after that I was offered an Elfdoll Dodo whose limbs had become unstrung (so bought Dodo and changed my pre-order to Adel), and then the next day I spotted a bedraggled 3rd-hand Min Del Re and bought her too. So I had 3 Elfdoll tinies incoming at once! I had no idea who would arrive first. Later they made me buy Lyn too (I couldn't bear listening to "Where's Auntie Lyn? When is Auntie Lyn coming?").

Carolyn

15. Well, I got into BJDs last August when my friend introduced me to her :aheartbea BC Roko, but I didn't get one until the end of March. However, during that time, I researched which dolls I liked and didn't like until I became sure of which ones I want. :) Now that I've ordered Riff (who replaced the Moon on my original list), I've gotten all 4 of the SD/MSD dolls I really wanted, in only 3 months! Now, I just need a couple tinies, and my family will be complete!

end of March - CP Ttori elf/MNF body
      April - CP Tan Soo Dark Elf :aheartbea
      May - CP Ami elf/MNF body (wanted to get her before the Kid Delf resin change)
      June 1 - FeePle Riff (to get the elf head, yes I have an elf fetish)

16. I've amassed 4 complete dolls and a floating head in about 4 months (including dolls that are currently being shipped). One of them is a tiny, but the rest are ~60cm *_*

New full-time job = crazy spending.

Now I want some minis and a few 70cm boys for variety :sweat

17. I joined DCCI I believe in Feb of 07, read about BJD there. Did some searching got my first girl, a Elf Doll Lydia large bust, she has now been sold. Got Kenji my Elf Doll Wu and he is a keeper. He arrived in March he is a combo gift from DH to cover 3 gift giving dates. He hates shopping. Next came 4 MSD over a period of I say 6 weeks. 1 is going to new home as we didn't bond and trying to sell my other boy as I think I prefer the MSD girls and SD in both genders. So in all I have owned or do own a total of 7 BJD in less then 3 months. So it has been fast and furious, but sold all of my baby dolls and a Himstedt to pay for this and now that the selling is a trickle I see less coming in and getting more picky in who comes next.

18. I now have 5 home, and a 6th on order. It's an addiction I tell you. But doll 6 I really needed. Not for the 'doll' but it's my reward for getting a new job, and thus I really needed that nice splurge for my mood.

-Anneke

19. I was into BJDs for about a half a year before I ordered my first in Febuary, and it looks like I'll be getting my second pretty soon....which is pretty fast for a jobless teenager. :sweat Just happened to get a few opportunities to make some moolah.

Not nearly as fast as some of you, though. :o Wow!

20. I had one doll for seven months, and then I got two dolls and a head delivered in the space of one week. X.x The house suddenly feels a bit more cramped XD