1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Instant/Quick BJD Family

Apr 4, 2007

1. Hey vampireanneke,

My sister (who is looking over my shoulder!) is quite jealous and wishes you and the Malfoy family much success! I would love to see pictures of your Snape myself.

I got interested in BJD when I saw my first one at Megacon in Orlando Fl. They were so beautiful. Way too expensive though. However with in short order I have a Soon Dimo, a Marigold Sweet on the way, and I'm bidding on another Soom Gem Gena. I also have my eyes on an El and a few others. I got my sister a Ray Happydoll for the holidays too. :doh

....And I love it!!!

2. My first two were within a month of each other, I got a floating head in August and bought a body in September, but it didn't arrive until October. And I'm planning a fourth ^^;;

3. um, I understand we will be at 15 soon in a year- I started the hobby and then Karasu ( my hubby) joined in here is my story!

December 06 ordered my first- volks nono
      March- Ordered elfdoll special K half closed eyes becasue it was on offer as I was a competition entrant
      April- bought a souldoll boy, paris for his body and a soulkid tiffee off a DOA member- wanting the body for the K head (they came as a joint deal in a BOGOF deal she did)

Decided I loved Paris' face- kept him and Tiffee

May- was smitten by a cherishdoll at a meet, ordered an Alley

July- was smitten by cherishdolls new MSd- got an eileen

September- got some money though and bough AOD chen as I loved his face and had plans for him to be a Tibetan monk

September- Used money I got from marking exams to order a Soony for hubby

October- also took advantage of Domyua's sale to get a body for K and a Sophie for hubby and s Potpourri for me

October- had some spare cash at the end of the month and ordered a tinybear elf, moona (made by bobobbie)

November- after planning a dollzone Ying since before my Volks- caved in and took part in the offer, ordered Ying and a Cherry for hubby and we are getting the pet dolls, fox and bunny free.

Now you would think we didn't plan for more...no, i want a minifee marcia and a iplehouse harin hubby wants a unidoll ark and a iplehouse baron. He also wants a tinyber bracken and I want a tinybear bonbon.

It is scary, very scary...we will have to stop soon, as it will be too many to cope with.

We both work,thank heavens and don't have children, so our money is own own- but even so, we are not 'rich' and have used bonuses and credit cards to buy dolls when we should be more restrained.

EDIT- I forgot about my sleeping alley head I bought as it was limited- quite cheap though!

I try to justify all the dolls becasue I make doll wigs and dreads and I say I need different heads for the business (look at ne feebly justifying my terrible spending!)

4. I ordered 4 dolls from someone. Haven't got them and ordered 2 more from another seller. So that's 6 ordered 4 from another seller who gave me one bonus one. So in total 10 dolls and 1 free one. I'm still not done ordered 1 more from another seller total of 11 dolls plus my free doll.

5. I've been in the hobby for just over a year and have three headless bodies, three floating heads, seven dolls. And I'm already considering a huge DC order the second they have an event...

6. I'm forbidding myself from buying anymore dolls this year because it seems like a very slippery (and expensive) slope that I am falling down. I've wanted a bjd for years but only ordered my first in Iplehouse Stella in April. I have since bought two tiny Azone picco neemos (but they don't really count) and have just ordered the Iplehouse Harace! So 2 large dolls + 2 tiny ones in 3 months :eek:

7. I'm sure it's gonna happen with bjds, I haven't saved enough yet to start the crazy expansion though.
      But with my Makies I managed to amass nearly 30 in only 1 year.
      in 5 years i've ended up with well over 200 Monster High dolls. And I only started collecting DOLLS in general about 8 or 9 years ago... soooo.. yeah. It snowballs.

8. My BJD family has grown at a steady pace over the course of my time in the hobby. I've been in the hobby for 5 1/2 years, and have 19 dolls. If I stick to my "only one doll in 2016" rule, that'll be roughly 3 dolls per year, which isn't that crazy. Technically I paid for my last doll in Dec. 2015, but he had a 7-8 month wait.

9. I started mine late last year, but I plan to go pretty slowly about it!

I saw one online years ago but forgot about it since I was in high school at the time. This past August a cosplayer/lolita I follow on facebook got her first BJD, and I took a good while with researching the hobby in general. I ordered and paid for my first doll in October and received her December 4th, so I've had her a little over 6 months. My second one is a hybrid that I ordered the stuff for in March and got in April, so I haven't had her for very long either.

I think that's all the BJDs I plan to buy this year, for now I'm gonna focus on sewing for them and making sure they get nice accessories. Currently I really need to get my first one shoes and my second one a wig that actually fits her correctly.

10. I ordered my first BJD in December of 2012, and received her and three others in 2013, bringing me to four in the first year. In 2014 I got five more. Seven came home in 2015. I bought one more from the Marketplace in early 2016, bringing the total to 17 in three years. Yikes! :aeyepop: And I've paid for number 18 . . .:doh