1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal organs, for realisms sake?

Mar 25, 2009

1. Well when I pull out the eyes and eye putty all stuck together I call it "dolly brains," but other than that, I'm not really interested. I think it would interfere with the stringing and movement, and any little rattly bit would drive me nuts. I get to see enough innards at work, my doll doesn't need to have them too.

undermost salamander basically stated exactly what I was thinking.

2. I think a little "Build a Bear" heart inside the torso would be sooooooo cute! I am buying some next time I pass the BB in the local mall for sure. I just hope it won't get stuck in the joints or anything. Double stick tape would fix that though.

I think the little, rubber, brain stress balls are funny too. I don't know if I'd want one in my dolls head though. Too realistic! So definitely a no on any other organs too.
      No need, superfluous, and silly. That's just me though.

3. Well, I wouldn't think of it as gross or silly or anything. But from a cost perspective, I really wouldn't want to pay the extra money for all that detailed resin I wouldn't ever see.

4. I think a little heart with names and arival dates would be kind of neat, I'd probably make mine into scent-sachets (since my dolls have BPAL scent sachets in them anyhow.) Elysion gear, you've given me a great idea!

I also think the brain thing is cute but with S-hooks, eyeputty and resin donuts there just isnt that much room in there. 0.o

5. Unless it was a zombie-gore mod, I don't think organs are necessary. A brain and a heart - they sound like cute ideas, but I don't know how well they'd fit since there's not a whole lot of room inside dolls... :sweat

6. It would be an interesting practice if people started to put those soft hearts from 'build a bear' into the torsos of their dolls, especially if their names or 'birth dates' were stitched or written on them.

They're fairly thin and no bigger than the average MSD's chest size. Smaller than that would need a custom one, but still doable.

It would be very nifty if dolls had that little extra. I don't know about brains, though I think if I ever get my boy doll he'll be my 'prankster' and have rubber brains and coils of multicolored handkerchiefs in his torso that can be pulled out magic trick style at whim, but my girl is very "simple" and sweet.

I think a small stuffed heart would suit her personality, so tonight I will make her one :)

As for other innards or visible organs, it could be done 'artfully', like a tattoo on the inside of the doll's torso, where when you look in you can see their ribcage along the inside front and their spine in the back, etc. You can even do muscle definition if you wanted, definately very doable.

Do I think "loose organs" would work? Not terribly well, unless they were in a little "organ sack" and made of paper or cloth, something obviously silly/artsy. Visible, sculpted 'gore' must be detailed and realistic to match the outside, serious appearance of the doll, but the insides of dolls are all strings and balljoints, AKA silly stuff. Pulling a little stuffed liver out of a doll's side would get some giggles from my side of the table for sure, but maybe that's just me.

7. Really, all I can say is "Yuck!" I have absolutely no desire for my dolls to have any sort of internal organs, they are dolls, not medical anatomy models.

8. I kind of like the idea... maybe that way I would learn everything for my anatomy classes better!

9. I personally would get freaked. However, the brain would be interesting to cover up a s-hook and the heart is symbolic.

If there is like this horror element or artistic purpose or something, it would be interesting.

10. lol! hell yes! i almost brought my doll to school with muscles written all over his body for my test today in physiology/anatomy class.

but really though, organs just seem unnecessary. i do like the idea of little hearts with names though. <3

11. I would LOVE that. I wish some company made optional organ parts. *L* I'd buy em up.

Remember that awesome doll someone was making in the old artists' gallery? Ana Tomie. X3 Who was making her? She was amazing... clear resin shell with all the organs inside.

For now I just have one of those squishy gel-brains.

12. I like the idea of having something in the doll to signify it's arrival date, but full on organs is a little too much for me.

13. Ew. Definitely not something I would ever want to own. A little non-realistic 'heart' is a cute little idea, but I can't see any need for other stuff.

14. i...dun like this idea much, sorry about that. >< i am inherently dreadful of anything that should stay inside our bodies. besides, i suck at biology and i might just stick the brains in the wrong place!

15. I absolutely want dolly brains and hearts and even internal organs! :D
      I was so excited when I first saw Yujin&#20154;&#20307;&#35299;&#21078;&#22259;&#37969; capsule toys, so if my bjd could get these in their bodies, I can't tell how thrill I will be.:XD:
      Okay, I know I'm a freaky doll person...it's totally right to call me like that.:XD::XD:

16. I definitely wouldn't do it for a BJD, but I have in the past, placed little hearts inside of stuffed dolls that I have handmade.

17. im thinking of putting lil hearts in them with ther names and age and b-day, brains seems like a good conversation starter haha but other than that nah cuz u cant even see them anyways

18. No, I find that pretty creepy >.< I get weak when I see internal organs...

19. I wouldn't care one way or the other, but I do suspect that adding things like that would interfere with the stringing.