1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal organs, for realisms sake?

Mar 25, 2009

1. I would not like to have any internal organs in my dolls. For me, my dolls don't have to be realistic. Actually, I don't want my dolls to be (too) realistic.
      Like those hands with the veins shown or the boy bits and girl biys, for me my dolls don't need that. It's not that I sand it all off, but if my dolls came without those 'realistic' parts, it was fine with me.

Also for my stuffed animals I would never want to place a heart in it.

2. I don't know... I mean, I've watched sufficient medical dramas to convince me that the human body isn't supposed to be seen inside-out... and let's face it, human viscreal organs are pretty unappealing (or viscreal organs of any kind, come to think of it).

Brains, though, might be fun. Maybe someone could make one out of squishy material? ^ ^

3. I want to put some courage into MY doll... er...

Personally, it's not really realistic since most normal people happen to never see an organ in sticking out of their body like a penis and nipples... unless i've been living under a rock..

But i'm planning to get SD sized organs and putting them in jars... except brains. I'll put a fishing hook through it and stick it on the wall so it'll sing.

4. LOL, it would be like pulling the gibblets out of a chicken when you went to restring--Sorry, that's the first thing that popped into my head.

5. I wouldn't want any for my dolls >___<
      They have no need for them T.T

6. One thing I forgot to post: When I made my Build-A-Bear several years ago, I put a little satin heart in her chest before she was sewn up. It was a little sentimental thing to me, like I was "bringing her to life" that much more. I guess it made her that much more special to me at the time. That said, I think it would be cute to put a heart (:aheartbea, not anatomically correct) into a BJD, but only if it was stuffed or painted onto the interior of the torso. Like I said in my previous post, I wouldn't like a little resin heart (or any other resin organs, for that matter) rattling around and rubbing up against the inside of my [future] BJD; It would annoy me, and I'd be worried about the organ chipping or gradually rubbing away the resin on the inside of the torso. What if it was so bad, the organs eventually rubbed a hole in the body?! That might be a little unrealistic, but it still worries me! :o

And I'd like to bring up something for discussion I mentioned in my last post:
      What if the organs weren't separate pieces of resin, but carved or painted onto the interior of the body?

7. I actually have some fairly 60cm bjd scale lungs and a heart I got from a capsule machine ... not WHY I got them (I like human anatomy) and not sure what I can do with them unless I want to try to re-enact Temple of Doom or some anti-smoking posters ... but ... there they are. In my bag of "bjd accessories."

Certainly no desire to pop anyone's torso open and stick the organs in.

8. LOL! I didn't mean the "detachable" aspect being realistic, but rather some boys come with a normal penis and an erect penis. They actually come off, hence they are "detachable." The ability to display both is what I was refering to as realistic.

So glad to see so many responses to this thread. I too would not buy a doll with organs, but as I said, thats just something I'M sensitive about, but to see a doll that had them would peak my artistic curiosity. I don't think it would have to be a "gore" factor really. Maybe they could be a stiff foam? There wouldn't have to be any blood or slime that would make them yucky. Maybe they could have holes through them, if they were made of a harder material, you could slide the strings through? Just ideas anyway.

As for organs being too realistic, I think it just depends on who you are. For me, I don't think its necessary that the girls have nipples cause if they are wearing a tight shirt, they look cold. And the boys, if the pants are really tight, then they've got this bulge, or you have to shift the seam to one side to get the zipper up or get the button to snap (and the questions about "why do you have a doll with a penis" get old). But I leave them there (not going to sand them off) because it IS realistic and it differentiates them from Barbies and GI Joes. Its a real debate for me. I love them no matter what.

I think I will be getting some of those little satin :aheartbea to put in my kids. Cute idea.

9. I wouldn't put organs inside my dolls at all but I like the idea of the little plastic hearts in there. That's cute.

10. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

11. LOL, I get'cha :lol:

12. I'd never thought about this before actually but I think the farthest I'd go is maybe putting in a heart. Any more and I'd be worried about internal damage or something. Either that or interference with movements and such.

13. I don't think a lack or presence of internal organs would really impress me. I wouldn't want to do anything with the organs, like take them out... so I'd rather not have them.

14. I have a Baha that was zombie modded by Celebare. He has visible intestines and visible brain matter, and I like it that way.

15. They could be useful when making a photostory about surgery (not like I'd do that), but wouldn't they cause big trouble with stringing? A little heart inside chest would be cute, even though it couldn't be seen...

I've seen brains used in photoshoots though, and eyeputty fits quite well for dolls brains. :3

16. I wouldn't actually see the point of a doll having internal organs because, well in my case at least, no one is going to see the inside, thus the organs would be completely irelevent.

BJDs are real enough in my opinion.

17. well all my dolls have those build-a-bear hearts in them with their name on it, but yeah real looking hearts would be totaly awsome. if someone made an "organ set" where all the organs are in one piece and can be made to stay in place inside the doll(so it dosent rattle around) that would be really cool. I'd buy some for my dolls. (notice how i avoided mentioning also how i would use it to creep out my friends ^-^)

18. I like the idea of a small cute material heart put inside for sentimental reasons but internal organs? Like some small intestines and kidneys? I think I'll pass.

19. There's a character on Soul Caliber 4 named Ashlotte. She has like, cyborg/cogs and screws all over her torso, and a beating heart. Her torso is a dress with a heart-shaped window, so all the "intestines" and her heart and held in it, and you can see through it. It looks SO AWSOME!!!! The second I saw her I thought, "I want a doll of her!"
      It actually isn't totally impractical either. If you just took out the torso of a doll (with a detachable one obviously), you could probably glue stuff in there and then put bars over it....

Oh jeez now I'm getting excited! XD I want to make it!

See pic:
      [​IMG]

Would that count as organs???

20. I actually purchased an MSD-sized mooshy party gag brain for LOLZ, so I can't say I wouldn't...
      I would feel so clumsy about putting all the parts back everytime I'd unstring a doll (I have serious issues with remembering stuff lately ;) ), I'm already hopeless with those biology dolls you can take apart and put back together (those with a see-through body, I got them for Halloween and they keep falling apart).

I wouldn't buy a doll because it had internal organs, but I wouldn't either... It could make for some very nice photoshoots. As for realism, I'm shallow, I only like realism on the surface, if you can't see it, there is no purpose to it for me ;)