1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal organs, for realisms sake?

Mar 25, 2009

1. I'm glad the boy bits and girl bits from my dolls aren't so detailed. It would bother me a little if they where.
      Also I'm the kind of person who freaks out in biology class whe the subject is about internal organs. Or when I see doctors cut someone open on t.v. (it's strange I like movies like Saw, I don't mind it in horror movies at all)
      So I don't want to have my dolls internal organs! D:
      They are realistic enough as they are now, I want them to be dolls.

On the other hand I was thinking about a android character, I would love it if his insides could be shown. But he is a robot, not organic.

2. does this count?
      (it's an oooooold photo, sorry, the title was "My brain!")

[​IMG]

I agree with True Crimsom, I would love to see inside a robot... but not so much inside a doll.

3. It's kind of an amusing idea to play with in the mind, but I just can't see it being worth the bother, unless you had a compelling characterization reason for it.

Those squishy-ball brains are a fun idea, but some of that soft plastic will eat holes in other types of plastic - found that out when I left some soft-bait roe in a clear bauble in a sculpture, and everywhere the little spheres were touching had a tiny hole, eaten right thru the plastic! It was kind of a neat effect, like lace, but not anything we'd want on our dolls, I don't think.Might be worth it to do some kind of test, or check frequently, just to be sure.

As for brains in all my 'tigerbabies'? All I need is a bit of fluff and a sign that says this space for rent... ;)

4. I don't particularly want that... resin organs would be useless, and really just added weight. I wouldn't go that far just for realism.

5. I just had the mental image of your tiger!baby standing there head tilted to the side, wide eyed & grinning with his head cap off, flush just hanging out.

:lol:

6. Ugh, no thanks. I do not find the idea of resin dollie internal organs at all appealing. :ablah:

7. I wouldnt mind as long as the organs would be used for photo storys...Like a Repo Gentic Opera type thing...

8. ah! so, you've seen my graduation photo?
      :dance

The original 'plushie' Tigerbaby does have a little red glass heart stitched into him after he met with an accident and needed massive repairs. Keeping something like that inside resin would be a bit problematic, tho.

9. Normally i'd write something long and to the point, but when i read this the only thing that came to mind was... "that's creepy".

10. I think it'd be a fun thing to see, but I wouldn't do it myself. I don't see that there's any point, apart from the identification hearts, which could be especially useful if they had your details on them in case you lost your doll.

If the doll actually had a skeleton, I'd probably think differently about it. But organs without a skeleton or muscles? It feels a little weird to me.

That being said, if I was in a weird mood at the time, I wouldn't put it past me to put a little golem activation scroll or something in a doll's head. Or just scraps of paper with words on them--influencing their thoughts by putting words in their heads. Of course, I'd probably creep myself out by doing so and never sleep again...

11. Personally, I would never be able to buy such a doll. While it's an interesting concept and I would seize the opportunity to look at a doll like that to see how the innards where attached, looked, etc, it would be slightly unnerving to me. When I was still in the Barbie/Bratz mode, I would always turn their heads away from me when I went to bed. Their blank stares frightened me. The Chuckie movies only pronounced this feeling, since Chuckie was portrayed as a living, breathing doll. While I don't consider BJDs to be on the same playing field as Barbies or Bratz, I would feel like a doll with innards would be similiar to Chuckie. Not as demented, not as horrible... But the thought of those movies would make that doll seem lethal when the lights were dimmed.
      I cannot picture myself with one, but - alas - if they were sold, I might find myself buying one simply because my mindset had changed. For right now, though, that is how I feel. Still, a very intriguing thought.

12. Wow! Thats an excellent idea!!! I bet that would appeal to a lot of people. Internal gears and wires with a little window showing them?! Too cool.:sweat

13. Same here.:sweat

14. I'm not interested. It really won't add to the outer aesthetic and will probably mess with the stringing.

Organs showing through the torso as a gore mod, yes. Innards for the sake of innards in the doll, no thankyou.

15. Internal organs for my dolls. . .hmmmm. . .I've never thought about it, but I don't think I'd want my dolls to have internal organs. Mostly because of the additional weight said organs would add to the dolls.

16. No thanks i think its a pretty bad idea @_@ I mean Im already dying from taking my dolls to meets , I dont think they need to be any heavier.

17. I feel ... at least for me... that the line needs to be drawn between dolls... and people. I don't feel any need for that kind of realism. If I want something real to cuddle I will get a friend.

18. Lol. I quite like the idea. Maybe not resin part, but little organ plushies would keep me amused (and freak my friends out!!) And I would probably forget about them as well, so when I was restringing them and organs would fall out.... I can just imagine my families faces now O.o and if they were little plushies I can't see them interfering with the stringing at all, at least not in the dolls I have anyways... I'm going to have to do this now - there are too many ideas floating around in my head.

19. i love models which model which showing internal organs! but putting bjds and internal organs together...for me it just dont match O.o

20. I love anatomy models that show the internal organs-- like wax Anatomical Venuses from the 19th century. They all seem to have this weirdly ecstatic look on their faces, like showing you their lungs and liver is the culmination of all their hopes and dreams... but they'll be demure about it. I'd love to see a doll modded that way, and one of my characters would require modding that way, but actual insertable organs, and not modded-on-through-the-outside ones, would give me the willies. Maybe a heart. Or a brain. Other than that, I think it might get kinda heavy in there.