1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Internal organs, for realisms sake?

Mar 25, 2009

1. I don't think that the external "useless" aspects of the dolls (like nipples or genitalia) are there for "realism's sake". It's rather that the human body is beautiful, and we want out dolls to look beautiful/attractive/sensual/pretty as humans, even nude.
      I don't jnow if the internal organs can be considered as pretty/attractive XDD
      But! Having a brain undder the headcap would be fun.

2. i dont think id like my dolls to have internal organs. i really dont see a point to it because who besides yourself is going to be looking inside your doll?

however, i have thought it would be neat to see a doll that was sculpted to look pregnant. but thats still an external thing. it would get kind of weird if there was a little resin fetus on the inside as well. o0 (pardon if there already is one ^^; )

but the little heart idea is really sweet. :]

3. Kyah, I think that'd be really scary.

I'm one of those that can't stand guts and gore though, so that might be it. Besides, it's still kinda' weird to me that on the outside they are anatomically correct. *laugh* So, I'm gonna' worry 'bout that first before thinking of hearts and brains.

Great concept though, I must admit, I don't think I'd have ever thought of it on my own.

4. My husband is dying to make a brain for the inside of his doll's head. I ,on the other hand, don't think internal organs are worth while, you'd be the only one to know they are there...

5. Oh wow, internal organs. That just seems like a step too far toward realism for me. I like the reminder that they're dolls when I open them up. But it really makes one think though. What would they feel like? Would they also be resin? Or would they be something else? Oh gosh, this is making my head explode. XD

6. I would love to have hearts for my dolls! And maybe brains, too.
      But beyond that, I think it would cease to be cute. I don't want dolly kidneys or intestines or something. XD

7. I like the heart idea as well, but as for anything beyond that, it seems a bit too much. Besides, my DD already has a skeleton inside her. There's no more room for guts! :lol:

8. I don't think there'd be ROOM for intestines or other organs because of the thick elastic cords, but I DO think it's a great idea.

I've been a horror/gore fan ever since I can remember! Personally, I wouldn't do it to my dolls, but I can see there being a purpose for that for photoshoots. Like maybe a serial killer doll and it's victim? Some fake blood or something that wouldn't stain the doll and little innards would make it look fantastic.

Otherwise I can't see a purpose of having anything like that inside a doll for prolonged period of time.

Neat idea though.:thumbup

9. I think it would be scary! It reminds me of horror movies.. xD
      However, I think having some kind of cute-ified heart inside a doll could be cute. :)

10. I think it'd be cute if they came with little hearts or something, like Build-a-Bear. ^^

11. I seen lot of people here on DOA do brains. A heart though and other crud would be too complicated to put in bjd because of those damned strings and whatnot X'3
      I dont even want to think about how I'd get it in and out.

12. my friends think I'm crazy enough with this. if one of them happened to open up my doll and see human-like parts in it they might actually want to commit me hahah

13. Haha! I loved the honesty in that. :lol:
      It would be the same with me.

Seems like an interesting idea. I don't know how it could be accomplished, though. Like many have pointed out, the strings would get in the way. You wouldn't be able to see them, obviously. I guess it would be a comfort thing for the owner of the doll, knowing that those parts are there? I'll say I like the idea, I just don't think it's possible with the mobility of these dolls.

14. Ahh... I'd rather not have organs for my dolls, too much realism for things you should not even be able to see on humans all the time :shudder
      But then again, I guess it could be cool if your doll was some kind of zombie.

15. oooh awesome indeed.
      adds realism to it, regardless of visuals all the time or not.
      I think it should be ahh, an option for modified dolls specifically. send it out to a shop and have half the back skinned, and see the ribs and organs.
      mmm... that'd be sweet.

16. i'd love to have lots of little organs anyways XD

17. i think..that will be scary....

18. Heh... um, no. A bit too literal-minded, even for me!! XD

Raven

19. My biggest dolls are already stuffed with plastic armature and wire so there's no room for any extra parts. I'll pass on the internal organs, thanks!

20. Aah I have three of those bears where you make them up and put a little satin heart in XD It felt so magical!! Although you'd put them in before most of the stuffing went in - so the heart would end up more somewhere in their legs or lower tummy XD

There was a thread somewhere that was a tutorial to tighting the stringing of dolls without actually having to completely restring them. You just pulled the S-hook up and tied a knot further down. The author said that you could either cut the excess string or keep them in your doll's heads as brains XD (I tried this method, but I wasn't strong enough and my boy ended up falling apart ^^' I cried but luckily his arms and legs were still strung so I just had to pull the string from his abdomen back through up through his neck and back onto the S-hook ^^;;; *has vowed to never try restringing a doll again* )

I think the idea of internal organs would only really work for a doll who would be likely to show them (like a zombie doll, as others have said.) I mean - I know that the shirt my boy is wearing at the moment often flashes his nipples, and I'm sure people have made plenty if naughty photo-stories ^.~ )