1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Intra-group Bitching about Limited Dolls?

Mar 30, 2008

?
  1. Yes, directly (comment to elaborate).

2. Yes, implied (comment to elaborate).

3. No, but I've always felt there is a general attitude towards those with limiteds.

4. No, never.

5. I don't have limiteds.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I don't own a limited, but I do know some people get annoyed when they see that someone has multiples of one limited(Like 2 Breakaways, Bermanns, etc.). I've never heard of anyone actually harassing the owner because of it, though. =/ That's horrible.

I also haven't heard of someone getting jealous because someone has all limiteds, but I can see the possibility. I just hope not many people have had to deal with harassment because of it. ]:

And just my two cents on people posting pictures of limited dolls; I love it. :) If I really wanted the doll, the pictures will help me decide if I want to pay the secondhand market prices. :lol:

2. Well I've never hear any rude comments for owning/not owning a limited. Er, I own a 'limited' but he's the same as the others, I've just known people to head to the one they are attracted to the most (limited/standard) No snide comments really.

Personally I don't think it bugs me if someone owns multiple limiteds or showed them in the gallery, if they can then why not? It's their money, their dolls. There is always going to be someone who is going to be jealous then there is always going to be someone who is flaunting. Although in both cases everyone has a different definition to what it 'jealousy' or what is 'flaunting.' Some people who are jealous may accuse someone else of flaunting when they aren't. Some people who are flaunting may accuse someone else of being jealous when they aren't or even suggest they should be jealous. Personally I just like looking at pretty dolls, limited or not, it doesn't matter to me if someone have many many dolls, I still like looking at them.

In our group we always have 'I'm going to steal X' (insert random doll name) but of course it's a joke. We meet up often enough to allow each other 'playtime' with the ones they like.

3. People get harrassed for how many limiteds they own? *_* I guess there's always something in every hobby like that.

-shrugs- I don't have any limiteds but I'm sure dying to own a Shirou Tachibana and a CP Woosoo one day. It's a far cry I'm sure but oh well! One can dream.

Hell if you have the money for them then why not? I don't think people "owe" anything to the doll world, you know?

4. I have one limited and one on the way, but I haven't felt that people are negative about it. After all, I would've bought the same two dolls even if they were sold as defaults at said company. I just happened to want those certain moulds, no matter if they were limited or not.

5. I don't do persecution. I just give back love and bunnies and rainbows. Seriously, I just ignore that kind of childish crap. And I am also older so that people are less likely to give me that kind of silly.

6. Thankfully the only multiple limiteds I have are two Elf Yders, soon to be three Elf Yders and really that's not a hugely sought after mold.

Now... I will admit to sometimes seeing someone with multiple Bermanns and wondering why they felt they needed more than one when so many people want them so badly, but I keep those thoughts to myself because I'm well aware that it's a ridiculous thought process. Really, a person should be able to own what they want as long as they can afford it.

7. It all comes down to one word: jealousy!

Making mean remarks about it is probably just a way of justifying themselves by saying: I COULD have one IF I wanted to, but I don't! (when they actually couldn't get one at all).

If I wanted a limited I'd go for it, who cares what other people think? BJDs are supposed to make you happy, that's all that matters. That's such a childish behaviour :lol:

8. I think it depends on the popularity and quantity of a limited doll. Someone mentioned Dollmore, and they have several limited but they do batches of 50 generally, so enough to give people a good chance to get the doll. Then you have something like Bermann and despite all the offerings there never seems to be enough for the demand. Or you take breakaway which is just uber popular. Then you have the black Zuzu kitties that I think were priced to high for people's liking and still available.

I have a beautiful LE3 doll, and have nothing but complements on him. A few people have told me if I ever want to sell him to let them know, but nothing 'negative'.

-Anneke

9. Perhaps a little off topic, but this amused me greatly... as I moderate a pet site where every so often a new breed is released, that can be 'generated' as soon as it is released (and later, bred, once the babies grow into adults and such). Not everyone can generate one - to give a very basic explanation, one must use a kind of 'player points' accumulated through being active in the game to generate the new breeds.

And with each new breed comes the inevitable reaction JUST like this.. people who 'don't see what's so great about the new blahdeblah,' which always has a very strong undertone of jealousy that they can't have one themselves. ;)

So I can totally see this reaction in the doll world, too - albeit it's a different situation, the jealousy of not being able to have one manifesting into OMG why would I want one anyway. Fox and sour grapes indeed!

10. ^^; Sadly enough I've been harrassed about multiple limited before...thankfully it was a while back (December 2005) and I was sent 4 emails (all different people) (they emailed me through DoA) about my Three Sweet Dream Rengemaru/Suzuna 's

it was about a week after I had posted this photo story:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36003

all the emails basically said, that it was very unfair that I had 3 of them and that I should sell at least one ...one of the four emails said I needed to sell 2 of my three. but I sadly enough emailed each of these not so nice people back with a :

"What on earth are YOU talking about...do you know what I had to do to get these three?!?"
      the first one "Pocky" came to me by a WTB thread on DoA and I paid $750 for him O.O which back in 2005 I thought I was nuts for spending that kind of money on a Yo... (and My WTB was for Sleepy Suzuna...not Rengemaru...but the seller was like you can just shave his hoohoojoos off and then it's a girl ^^; ...I ended up not being able to do that to him...) so I continued on my quest...I offered up for Trade my version 1 Elf Lishe (open eyed version) limited with default Luts makeup un touched...(a seriously expensive doll at the time) and I did a trade for a Nakie little Yo...once again acquiring another Renge instead of a Suzu...but I grew to love them so so very much and I couldn't turn either into a girl...then by some miracle of a chance...they became available for the US for the opening of the store and their was one in stock just for me ^_^ and I finally got my Suzu...and I absolutely adore these three...I still have them to this day and Love them so very very much...the only thing that would get me to part with any of them is death ^^;

this is what I told them...and not a single one responded to my return email....

other than that...I've had a bunch of jokes with friends...about Dollynapping and such...
      but I have 2 Shiratori Twins and 2 Sleepy Suzu/Rengemarus and they are irreplaceable to me and I wouldn't part with any of them....I worked super hard to get them and it took me awhile, but they were so very very worth it...

I can speak first hand saying it's not fun being harassed by those who think you shouldn't have what you have...I say if you love these dolls, it doesn't matter if you have 8 out of a 10 only limited...if you love them that is all that should matter in my opinion...cause I can definitely tell you ...that if they have that many...they either paid an insane amount of money on them of they worked really really hard to get them or both...

Oh yeah for those of you who don't know my avatar is my first sleepy Renge "Pocky" and he's in a dress...this is the first day he arrived and I was going to turn him into a girl ...but i just didn't have the guts to do it and I felt bad for attempting to do this to my first Yo O.O he's been my avatar since like July 2005 ^^;

11. Seems like a rather odd thing to do, then again I hear some of the strangest things people get harassed over...
      I don't have any, then again I wouldn't buy just based on how limited one is, I'd buy on the sculpt and purely on the sculpt. If someone wants to have multiple limited dollies, let them. They obviously wanted them so much that they saved up and got then just as everyone else has. Such a thing sounds like jealously to these ears.

12. I have a limited but just limited by time, not quantity. Anybody could have bought one until the sale ended. I also have several dolls that were later discontinued, and a doll that's only sold every 1-1.5 years. But none of them were limited quantity. So I don;t anyone would have a reason to be bitchy about it, and I have never seen anything like that.

Carolyn

13. I think in all types of collections there are limited's, its not just limited to the doll world, its probably a way for the companies to generate huge interest and desire for their product, and I dont buy into any companies hype, so I wouldnt go to the effort and long wait that ordering a limited doll involves,I might buy it on the second hand market though if I really liked it.
      I'm definitely not saying anything against people who do buy them, if thats the doll for you and you really want it, then you should go for it. Like everyone else though, I'm really, really grateful that people take the trouble to post pictures of their limited's so that we all get to enjoy them

Xinte

14. I think that's really crappy behavior from those people. I would probably post more photos just out of spite if someone did that to me. lol I'm all for the bunnies and rainbows.

15. Haha, I love the sound of that! (and would probably do the same thing myself :lol:)

I've got quite a few dolls of varying degrees of limitedness, though that's really been more accident than design. I find the idea that people would harrass someone over something like this incredibly stupid, and I'm sorry to see that it does actually happen in this hobby :doh Certainly I spam the galleries with my LEs on a fairly regular basis, but I do just as much (if not more) with my non-LEs and the idea that some people would see something like that as 'flaunting' (let alone what Brightfires said she was told about her signature) just boggles the mind. Some people are waaaaay too into other people's business, if you ask me.

16. I can't say I've ever been harrassed, but I do get the occasional "How dare you have all the dolls I want? LOLOLOL" And while I know it's all done in somewhat good fun, the persistant "omg *jealous*" comments do make me feel somewhat bad. But then I remember that I work very hard for my money, pay my bills, donate to animal shelters, and help support my parents... if I have enough money to buy myself dolls, then dammit, I'm going to do it.

And normally their bitching comes after they've spent their money on something else (expensive DSLR cameras, clothes, etc). It's hard for me to have sympathy then. (And explains why I'm in dire need of a new wardrobe. *facepalm*)

17. I think thats a load of crock.
      Harassing people over something they bought? These dolls are not cheap, and if they were able to scrape together the funds to get multiple of a limited sculpt they like, GREAT! Thats excellent. And is their right. I wouldn't even be ticked if they were to buy 10/10 out of a sculpt that *I* wanted. If anything, I'd just ask them that if they were to decide to part with one, to please let me know as I'd be interested.

I don't own any limiteds yet. Though there are a few that I want...
      I'm currently attempting to track down a Xi- Aleister, which had 50 sculpts I think?
      I'd love to obtain an DOD Elf-Ducan, but thats far, far FAR out of my reach. But I love seeing him in the market place or in pictures. So I get my fix of him from those who do have him and are nice enough to post the pics. :)

18. *plots to re-dollynap Pocky so he and Oliver can have more adventures* Seriously, I love SwD Renges now that I've had the wonderful chance to have one of yours visit me for a while, and if in the future one ever becomes available I might just have to haul off and buy it if I have the funds, but to harass anyone over owning multiples...? Sheesh. What was that about haterade's composition, again?

19. Ewk, I hate rude people. I think you have worked hard to find and buy your Rengemarus/Suzunas. I think everyone, yes, everyone can get their fave limited doll if they're just willing to work hard, keep a steady eye on different secondhand doll-sites and maybe even making sacrificies by giving up some other dolls.

Really it all it takes, money and a lot of patience. So there's really no need to harass people for having dolls that you want for yourself, that's just really bad behaviour! Better start working on how get them for yourself.

I feel bad for all people who get harassed for their dolls from different reasons :(

Personally I don't mind people owning like ten of the same limited sculpt, they probably have worked hard to find and afford that many so they deserve to enjoy their dolls.

20. I'm getting 1/2 Limiteds [Dark Cocori Basic line is apparently a limited--NS Cocori def. is] , and if anyone gives me harrassment, IRL or online, I would turn round and say, it's simply jealousy tbh--Just because they CANT GET ONE, they shouldn't take it out on others WHO CAN :|