1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Intra-group Bitching about Limited Dolls?

Mar 30, 2008

?
  1. Yes, directly (comment to elaborate).

2. Yes, implied (comment to elaborate).

3. No, but I've always felt there is a general attitude towards those with limiteds.

4. No, never.

5. I don't have limiteds.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Yes, well, I don't think anyone likes scalpers *laughs* I love all my dolls, limited and not limited. The only stuff I tend to run into is people needing to tell me that they don't like Volks dolls for some reason and how expensive they are. I'm also aware of all the issues that seem to surround Bermann owners which is a shame as well. I tend to just stick to my little group of people in the hobby anyway so I don't really here any specific details unless it involves people I know.

I have nothing against limiteds. I like to see what companies come out with and am happy for people who are able to get the dolls they want. There have been dolls that I've wanted and tried for and eventually given up on, and there are dolls that I have been extremely lucky to have gotten. That's just a part of this hobby to me.

2. I don't care about limitedness of dolls. Heck, my first doll is a limited for now. The thing that does irks me is people owning more than one or two of the same LE sculpt, especially if it was a small run. It's like come on, do they really need all of those same dolls?

Just put yourself in the shoes of someone who didn't get a doll that you really wanted before they were all snapped up because you weren't quick enough then bam you see someone talking about their incoming LE triplets from the same release. How would you feel?

3. @Lokita: I'm so sorry, but I'm not agree with you.
      Everyone is free to buy one, two or five of the same doll (if he/she is not a scalper, of course)
      Twins are so cute!

If you weren't able to get the doll you want, well, that's life.
      Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

4. I know there were some people who were pestered about having two woosoo's. It all boils down to jealousy really. It's quite pathetic.

5. When I started reading that thread i thought: 'no one is gonna post about such stories, that stuff doesn't exist" so yes I'm rather socked to read about such behavior!

I guessso jealous people need to hide out behin made up "morals" (what has morals got to do with collecting I'm asking you !!!)

Also maybe some people need to feel better than the other. Like people who own expensive/rare dolls and look own on people with cheaper/less originak dolls (this is not an issue for me but you know... it happens)

So maybe some people, feeling (wrongly I think) that they are looked down upon need to make people with a rarest collection feel bad?

this is the only explication I can find! Anyway I think the basic mix of niceness and plain olf ignoring might prevent such people from harrasing others.

:)

Oh and also I agree on the photo issue, if you have a beautiful limited, please post pictures, I want to see those beauties :D!

6. I say more power to that person for getting their limited. They may have one I want but I wouldn't begrudge them their doll. I'm happy just to hope and wait for my chance to get one and look at pictures of limited others actually own while I wait.

I think people try hard to get their limited bjds and don't deserve flack for actually achieving their goals. :)

Whoops! did not realize I was resurrecting a dead thread. :sweat

7. I've always been a firm believer in, and though I can't stand it, the concept of money.

Those with more have more. Those with less have less.

If someone has more money and gets more limiteds, then more power to them. I don't think its fair that those with less money and no limiteds get up in arms about it.

The first time anyone said anything to me about owned limiteds, I would politely look at them, smile, and walk away. It's not worth my time to argue with an obviously jealous person....

8. I don't have any limited dolls, but I can't believe people actually give people that own them a hard time? It seems silly. Good for you if you can save up and get the doll of your dreams, I say! As long as they are good with their investments and care for the doll, I could care less. If I could buy certain limited dolls on a whim, I would, but basic dolls appeal to me more because there is no pressure to BUY BUY NOW! I don't like being pushed to purchase things....it's so American of foreign doll companies, they know us well... (Yes, I'm American...shush.)

9. Currently I own 3 limited dolls, of different moulds. I've never really felt harrassed or patronized by people for it. I know I lucked out with my woosoo and it's not like I gloat about it, I'm just happy to have him. I think people who harrass others for having limiteds, or more than one of the same mould of limiteds are just jealous that they themselves don't have the dolls. It's not like people are hogging them on purpose? If someone has 2 of the same mould they must really really love that doll. What's wrong with that?

10. I've never noticed a bit of "persecution" or unpleasantness directed at me for owning limiteds. Maybe I'm just lucky but people seem not to even make an issue of it. :daisy

And getting LE's when they are released is often not so much a matter of money but a matter of timing and luck, anyway. Quite often, when reading a discussion thread on a LE, I see people who say something to the extent of "I was saving up and was ready to order [standard doll name] but then I saw [LE doll name] and s/he was so perfect I bought her/him instead, how lucky that I had money ready!" I know I've missed out on many LE's because I didn't have the money available at the time, but I am happy for those who did get them. That's just life -- you win some, you lose some. :cake:

It's different on the secondary market, of course, but if someone really wants to own an LE they love for the original price its just a matter of being patient and waiting for a release. Sometime very, very patient. ;)

11. wow.... i had no idea this could ever be an issue, unless some rich person ran out the first day a limited doll was released and bought every single one just so no one else could have the same one THEN i can see someone getting upset

but as for someone being upset that somebody owns more than one limited doll is ridiculous in my oppinioni mean if you had the money and you liked that doll why wouldnt you get it?

im actually hoping to get two limited dolls soon and not cause they are limited but because i like them! i have bad luck and all the dolls i really like either sold out long ago or are limited editions with the exception of 2 dolls out of a whole handful!

i dont understand why anyone would harras someone for owning a couple limited dolls.... if i do get both limited dolls (wich is probably not going to happen) i hope no one like that crosses my path, im going to have to work hard for the money and if someone harasses me for that ima tell em to shove it! lol

12. It would be utterly immature for any person to "bitch" about another having limited dolls. What the hell. Who is anyone else to dictate what one can and cannot have in a hobby! How pathetic. Please tell me this doesn't actually happen.

13. I think that people should buy whatever they blooming well want too! I can't believe that there would be people out there that would resent someone from having a doll! Does that really happen? I absolutely LOVE people to flaunt their dolls, that's the whole point of the forum for me. I enjoy going to the gallery and basking in peoples beautiful dolls and photography. I would never accept the audacity of someone being rude to me purely because I might have a doll they want- good grief!

I love the see the Sard Odyssey's and yes I would like to have one but I certainly do not think someone else is undeserving of one. The same goes with any other limiteds. I am glad that people have the, and yes maybe one day I will have one too, but that's the hobby and for me I am satisfied with my own lovely resin family and love to see the gallery threads on here.

If someone can be resentful of another for what dolls they have, then that's just really ever so sad.

14. I went to a meet up once with 4 limited dolls. I bought them because I loved the sculpt, not because they were limited (they are a couple of Madokas one-offs, a Volks Liz and an Amakusa). There were a lot of youngsters at the meet up and they played with their dolls chatted with each other and showed no interest in my dolls at all. I tried to interact with them and play with their dolls, but they did not care for me or my babies. In hindsight I think it was the age difference. ~Gus

15. lol well if there are poeple who whine and make rude comments i bet they feel stupid now....

and they should..

and if they where smart you would think they would kiss the lucky doll owners ass instead of kicking it, what if the person decided to sell the limited doll??? theres no way in hell id sell a doll to someone who was rude to me about having it, id much rather sell it to the person who adores it most =]

16. The only limited I have is my Lati Blue Censya head that I got from the Marketplace. I'm not really interrested in LE because they come with everything - they are "finished" and I want to do that myself.

I fell in love with Censya's mold, not the finished caracter so I was very happy to be able to get her.

That said there are dolls I would want. For instans I really really want a tan MiniSup Yisol. And a IH LT Cocori.

However I would never have any bad feelings against anyone for buying limiteds - no matter how many they have. I would however think it a bit wierd if anyone bought more than one of the exact same doll. I wouldn't resent them for it, just think it was wierd.

A while back Lati had some LE yellow elves and I know someone bought one of each. I think that is quite natural and I might have done the same thing if I had enough money.

I think people who resent others for being able to do what they can't themselves are very small people. If I ever had people react that way towards me I wouldn't really care what they thought. It's those people having a problem, not me. I might even feel sorry for them.

Dustbunnie

17. i have a number of rare dolls, some are limited, but not really that sought after i think. all are dollzone 2 recalls, a fox and a xi-alesiter fullset. and i'm into heavy modding so i get some lip for that but all of it being from my freinds.

lol. my des head that's coming i've had 4 of my freinds threaten to hang me if i sand off her elf ears. it's mostly just jealousy of you have that many. :(. but it doesn't bother me. it's just close freinds giving me lip. if poeple on here did in a pm or something. i'd kinda be rude probably and say stfu save up and jump on the one you want instead of whining to me.

18. When I finally could afford my woosoo and take him home. Took me years to find one for sale. And then I had a lot of trouble. Jealousy is an ugly thing. Makes people so rude.
      It went so far I wanted to leave the hobby. So yes some people should really bite their tounge before saying stupid things.

But other than that I haven't had problems. I think people are entitled to have the dolls they want. And how many they want.

19. I can understand a certain degree of jealousy towards another doll owner who has, for example, several hard to come by limiteds that are gorgeous, but I think it's really stupid when people stoop so low as to actually harass them about it.

So what if they have limited dolls? In the end, they're only dolls. And if they have the money to spend on buying those dolls, good for them. Why harass them about it? It's like harassing people that drive expensive cars or carry around designer label handbags.

I firmly believe it's their choice what they want to buy with their own money.

Now, as for myself, I only have two dolls at the moment and neither are limiteds. I have ordered a SDF Cian who is limited, but I'm pretty sure that where I live, there aren't many people who would recognize him as a limited anyway, so it really doesn't bother me much. However, if someone did harass me about him, I'd likely just ignore them and walk away with my doll. If they want to act childish, they can do as they please, but I'm certainly not going to get into a verbal fight with them :sweat

20. I have quite a few limited or hard-to-get dolls, and just as many standard editions. I don't buy dolls because they're limited, or because they're standard - I buy them because they fit a character I'm trying to house in resin. The only thing that "limited" status changes, for me, is how hard it is/how expensive it is to get the doll I want for a given mold.

And no, no one has ever hasseled me over owning any of my limited dolls, despite the fact that I break up the fullsets and erase the default faceups.