1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Intra-group Bitching about Limited Dolls?

Mar 30, 2008

?
  1. Yes, directly (comment to elaborate).

2. Yes, implied (comment to elaborate).

3. No, but I've always felt there is a general attitude towards those with limiteds.

4. No, never.

5. I don't have limiteds.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. How sad that people should be this way. I don't have a limited and although some of them are gasp worthy, I feel too bothered by the value of them. :|

I am happy to have bjd's that I can dress, that the dogs can snuffle and thatIi can handle without worry. To those who have limiteds well good on you and wow... I would love to see them for reall one day as the pics are awesome!

I hope those with ltds will keep posting the pics as love to see them and indeed any box openings are just great too of any doll.

How do the harrassers know how the doll was afforded? For some sheer hard saving, for the lucky few lots of money. Hey what does it matter, it means that the doll makers keep on making as there is a market. This means we all get dolls from them even if they are not limited!;)

2. Most people are wonderful and supportive, and tend to just say I wias lucky and they wish they could have gotten one, but I have had a couple of people make extremely nasty comments about my limiteds, one in particular. He offends people because he is not just limited, but a hybrid of two limiteds. I have even been accused of doll cruelty and told "if you don't want to own an elf Yder why did you buy one? you should have just gotten a basic and moddedit if you were going to be cruel like that and let someone else have the limited" Well I do own an elf yder, and a vamp elf Yder, but I wanted a more mature body for my open eyed head, and got lucky to get a Ducan body for him. I still love him, and he is my doll, and I take care of him. I do not think this is wrong at all.

God only knows what that nasty person would say about some of the other limiteds I have seen out there hybridised, or about those owners who have several of ONE sculpt, unlike me who just has a couple of different ones.

3. "Like who?"
      "Me! But I wasn't in the hobby at the time, so you should have just NOT bought that doll at all and left it behind, until I could discover it and come buy it! You should have changed your doll plans, just in case I came along and wanted the same doll! You took that limited Yder away from ME!"
      "Wait... do I even know you?"

Ah. Right. :lol: Farkin' people.

... and if you own an object they don't, you're expected to "keep it to yourself", because total strangers flatter themselves into thinking that you're showing off JUST to spite them? I still don't understand that mindset. It's so weirdly self-centered, and even more weirdly selfish. The reasoning seems to go like this:

"How dare you show off pictures of limited dolls every day of the week!"
      "But these are the dolls that I have. I like taking pictures of them."
      "Well, don't post pictures of them! Keep those locked up in your LiveJournal! Posting them on a public forum is just the same as shoving it in my face and yelling Neener-Neener-Neener! You think you're better than me!"
      "Wait... do I even know you?"

I have a few friends who are thinner-skinned against that sort of noise and abuse, and years ago just gave up on posting photos at all. When that happens, the community loses one more chance to see that doll. Which is what I honestly don't understand. Why would people want others to keep beautiful rare dolls hidden? Do such naysayers only ever want to see that doll in sales-photos?

4. Although I'm very jealous of those with limiteds that I wish I had, I only have myself to blame for not getting one. If I want the doll that bad, I put up a market place thread for it and take positive steps to obtaining one rather than grumbling :lol:

Getting angry because someone else has a limited you want isn't going to get you the doll any quicker; it's petty and childish. However in my experience people are very positive about limiteds and are excited to see more photos of them :aheartbea

5. I think if i can't have them (the limiteds), i can always enjoy the joy of other people having them by seeing their photos. ^-^ sometimes i feel that it's not about owning but appreciating i guess.

i don't have any experience of facing persecution from people for having limited dolls, i guess those who are sour about people having the limiteds they want, should just sincerely direct their energy to making things work for them than to just sulk at other people over it.

6. Yes.

But then if it's market-priced, they'll bitch that you're scalping it because they're entitled to buy the doll at the price it was sold at, Bermann/Shirou T/Beryl be DAMNED! With that kind of mindset, it really is a lose/lose situation. If you own the doll and they don't, they get pissed. If you're trying to sell the doll and they think they're entitled to buy it for less, they get pissed. What are you going to do? /permanent cynic

I only own one "limited" (and let's slap quotes around it because it's one of those "limited" dolls that you can still buy brand new from the manufacturer two years after the darn thing was released) and nobody's ever complained at me, nor do I think anyone ever will. However, I have seen other people get sniped at for owning multiples of very in-demand molds. I've seen accusations that they were taking away another owner's chance to own it -- and frankly, of all the entitled attitudes, I hate that the most. The only person entitled to owning a doll is the person who had the cash to buy that doll, whether it be directly when it was released or on the second-hand market. Wanting it sooooooo baaaaaaaad does not change that money is the bottom line here.

Then again, there are a lot of highly sought-after dolls that I'm just not interested in. I adore old Dollshes, but I don't want to buy one; I have a friend who has three, and I get to fawn over them and that's good enough for me. Getting jealous, snippy, and insulting when someone has something that you want is a total waste of energy that could be better put into saving/earning the money to BUY that something that you want.

7. I went to my first doll meet only a few weeks ago, and since I litterally just recieved my first doll yesterday, I didn't have a doll of my own to show off, and spent good part of the meet pining over everyone else's dolls, really just trying to get a feel of what I really like and dislike in a doll.

Well, one doll caught my eye. It was a Vampire version of Elfdoll Red, and I had only heard of the sculpt in passing. His owner was more than happy to let me handle him, and I was hooked. This one doll completely changed my views on what I wanted in a male sculpt, and I wanted one like him to call my own.

It wasn't untill I looked him up at home that I realized that the sculpt was a limited variation of an already too far out of my price range sculpt. I was dissapointed, but I have zero ill-will toward the woman who owns this doll. Why would I? She was wonderfully nice, and had no problem letting a super newb like me play with her very expensive doll.

She wasn't anything like this elitist type that so many seem to think limited owners are. She just honestly loved the doll. I've said it before, I couldn't care less if you've taken the extra effort and time to get your hands on a limited sculpt. I'm not going to make you feel bad for it, just as much as I don't want anyone to look down on me for choosing a cheaper, unlimited doll.

It's about enjoying the dolls, and finding the one's you personally enjoy, not mad collecting and coveting.