1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Introducing Doll Profiles

Jan 18, 2016

1. I love this feature!!! But I think I'm having a problem creating new doll profiles from yesterday. I've created several a few days ago but yesterday when I would like to add a new one, I was unable to find the Create Doll Profile button *LOL* Does anyone have an idea where should I find the button? :atremblin

2. @stvictoria Currently you can only have five doll profiles, and you're at your limit. Don't worry – we'll be making a higher limit soon. For now we're still testing this feature.

Does anyone have feedback about the advanced search for doll profiles? Are there any criteria that you'd like to be able to search for, but can't? We can't add everything to the search, but we want to make sure we hit the obvious points that most people would want.

3. Thank you so much Dezarii!

4. Is there any way to include multiple search terms on a single field? For instance, some people write Angell Studio and some Angell-Studio, but including both in the search gives no results because it thinks we want a company called Angell Studio Angell-Studio. So if we can make the search include both separatedly that'd be pretty cool. If there is a way to do it and I'm not seeing it please correct me, haha.

5. Gender/Sex would be really good. I wanted to only search for MSD size girls yesterday but I noticed there was no way to filter just for them. So that's my humble suggestion.

6. @Yuns I asked the developer about the search.

Gender is on the Character tab because it may not match the doll's sex. It's a text field so that all gender situations can be accommodated.

Sex would need to be in the Information tab, but I'm not sure how to handle it. It has to be something you'd select off a list, because otherwise one person might put 'F' and another might put 'female' and so on.

What would you put though if you have a male head on a female body or vice versa?

I guess you could go by the doll's overall intended sex, with the options being: male/female/intersex/none.

Would that be correct? Would it be too confusing?

#46 Dezarii, Jan 30, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    7. Yes I can see where it can go confusing, but your option of 'male/female/intersex/none' under 'sex' sounds like a good solution.

I don't think I'm that different from the majority of people in that I was looking to buy a female doll of a certain size, so I wanted to look at other people's profiles to see what is out there, other people would want to do the same thing for whatever sex or size they are after.

Gender is a separate thing, at least within this context, and as you said it's covered under the gender field.

And if someone has a male sculpt on a female body or vice versa they can use intersex, or then there are dolls of course which have no sex characteristics (especially amongst the yosd) so they can be none.

I'd say keep it simple, you're still not going to get things 100 per cent no matter what, but if it's simple you have a better chance of giving the majority results back that match what people are searching for.

8. Thanks, that´s fantastic!

9. I have a feeling it would be too difficult and/or not feasible, but along the same lines as Yuns' suggestion, would it be possible for write-in fields like the company name to basically have auto-fill suggestions so that people are at least more likely to select existing labels? I'm not certain if it would be a coding thing on the forum side, or what, since I don't know how these things work, so I totally get if that isn't something that would be terribly... feasible. It's not like you can do a drop down for company, since there are FAR too many out there and no one would expect that kind of thing from you!

10. @Yuns I checked with the developer and unfortunately it's not possible to do the type of search you mentioned. In your example, searching for 'angell' would turn up both 'angell-studio' and 'angell studio', but I can see how it could be an issue for other company names.

@Kendrah That's not possible, however it may be possible to add tags to doll profiles, and those could be from a preset list. Do you think that would help?

11. Well, it was worth a shot, haha. Thanks for checking! yeah, I used AS as it was what led me to notice that but I suppose depending on the company name there's not much one can do besides doing two searches.

Another thing which I noticed, is some people write the company name in the Body field, instead of the name for the actual body (for example, Fairyland rather than, say, Minifee or Feeple60 or Iplehouse instead of EID, SID and whatnot). Can we maybe get a little explanation text near that field like we have with some of the other ones so we can all have a rule for what to write there, be it company name or body name? Unless of course I'm the only one bothered by that, haha.

12. I figured it was a long shot, but I had to at least bring it up. ^^ It may help, but if the tags are from a preset list I think it would be far too much work for all of you. Unless the tags are a user-generated thing? Where you can add/create your own tags and they would automatically be added to the preset list? I'm not sure how these things work, as I said...

13. @Yuns I could be wrong, but I think the people who put the maker in the body field don't know the name of the body, they just want to indicate that it's from the same maker as the head. Also, some makers don't have any particular name or model number for the body.

@Kendrah I never hurts to bring something up! The reason tags are disabled now is that we're not sure how to handle them. It's actually not that hard to do a preset list; we'd use the list of dollmakers in the wiki. However, we'd be relying on people to let us know when to add tags for new companies. (Most likely we'd learn this from a Tumblr confession regarding their conspiracy theory about why such-and-such company was omitted...)

The other way is just to let everybody do whatever tags they like. That way is more fluid, but staff would have to monitor similar tags and merge them. I also noticed that in testing, people would put the sculpt name as a tag, but that doesn't always work if multiple sculpts share the same name. It could be less useful than having a set list.

14. That makes sense, I suppose. Sorry if I came off as rude or anything!

15. I just wanted to say that I really love this new feature and thank you to the moderators and admins of DoA for creating this for us. I think it's so much fun to be able to browse people's dolls in such a convenient way. I love reading people's thinking, planning, and stories and ideas for their doll to go along with the pictures. I think in DoA, due to the nature of the rules, I don't end up seeing much about the characters and stories behind the dolls, so that is really so nice.

I hope one day we can 'favorite' people's profiles so that they're bookmarked into a collection =) . I'd love to easily be able to look back at all my favorites and share my favorites list with others!

EDIT: Oh, and as for the sex category issue, I think it would be safe to stick with what I've seen other websites do for human people these days. I've seen the options be Male/Female/Other for a while. Since it's such a delicate topic, I don't think any solution would please everybody, but this seems safest. Intersex/None also seem like good options though.

Thank you again, it looks really great so far,
      <3 ali

16. 'Other' could work.

This is coming, but it will be a little while.

17. Is it possible to get a randomizer? Just click a button and get 10 random dolls to look through? I would love to be able to just look at random dolls rather than look through the list of recently updated. I love this new feature, by the way, thanks for all the work you all have done to update the forum and everything!

18. I've added the sex field, as female/male/other.

@jmlukens That's not currently possible, but I've passed the suggestion along to the developer.

19. I love love LOVE the doll profiles. I've discovered so many new dolls just by browsing through them! Would it be possible to maybe add a little comment section for each profile? Just something small, for a sentence or two of admiration? I'm glad we can "like" individual dolls but I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to leave a short comment as well :)

20. Of the major categories that I can think of; being able to search by body seems to be the next most general catagory. :)